EVGA will soon be entering the enthusiast gaming notebook market

ahhming

At IDF, Intel hinted that EVGA would be bringing a gaming notebook to market featuring a new Skylake mobile CPU.

EVGA is traditionally known for their aftermarket video cards and motherboards, and they have a large following of enthusiasts and gamers who want the best hardware in their computers. I contacted our EVGA representative to get more information or even confirmation. According to EVGA marketing, "[EVGA] are working on a new 17-inch thin gaming notebook with very high-end hardware. Plan to launch late this year/early next. 100% EVGA design from the ground up".

EVGA also mention that the gaming notebook would be thin.

evga_notebook.jpg

Source:
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/47372/evga-soon-entering-enthusiast-gaming-notebook-market/index.html

Ooooo I wonder what price point they'll be going for...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well, they already have motherboard and GPU knowledge, along with having sufficient cooling for hot products. I wonder how their design will be, should be exciting.

So, naturally, Corsair is next.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Great another gaming laptop.... Just another one to add to the already overcrowded shelf. Why can't they focus on small ultrabooks with some juice and not a core M.... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Another over priced under powered laptop that doesn't have touchscreen included!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Well, they already have motherboard and GPU knowledge, along with having sufficient cooling for hot products. I wonder how their design will be, should be exciting.

There is only so much cooling you can pack into a thin laptop without making it 1. Too thick or 2. A jet engine. At this point I think there isn't really much more EVGA can do.

I am actually very interested in seeing what they can do. They make great products!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

But right now Corsair is doing everything they can to make the shittiest peripheral products, they're trying to compete with Razer. While Razer makes great laptops it'll be at least another year before Corsair realizes all the new peripherals suck ass and they go back to making good quality products, only then will they start exploring the laptop market.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I still advocate that it would be some interesting business if Corsair was involved in motherboards and GPUs.  Corsair mobos, gpus, peripherals, laptops, monitors, PSUs, cases, fans, coolers, CEREAL!  WE'LL SAIL AWAY~

There is only so much cooling you can pack into a thin laptop without making it 1. Too thick or 2. A jet engine. At this point I think there isn't really much more EVGA can do.

Untrue, simply untrue.

Untrue, simply untrue.

Well they can strap a heatsink to a jet engine but I hardly call that the solution you are thinking of. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Touchscreens suck anyways for gaming machines. Who wants to play games on a fingerprinted up screen?

Well in this day and age it should be a standard feature...l

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Jeez you people must work at EVGA or something because i can't find a price or product anywhere.

Op Im excited to see what they will bring to the market if anything and how they are going to differentiate them selves from the rest of the players since this isn't necessarily any easy market to get into atm.

Well they can strap a heatsink to a jet engine but I hardly call that the solution you are thinking of. 

Motherboards don't need to take up 80% of the chassis, having less space taken up by that means you can put slightly larger heatsinks and fans in the thing to dissipate more heat and make the laptop overall quieter. Plus they could go with Nvidia chips and Intel CPUs that output less heat you know..  :ph34r:

so they wana enter the flat top grill market eh ? /topkek/ 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

It will probably be just as ugly and misconfigured as Asus, Gigabyte and MSi's offerings in the same market.

And where are they finding the customers which will provide profit for these 4 niche product lines?

Actually scratch that. Gamers tend to be dumb. I have a friend who's got an expensive Alienware laptop with 2 years warranty remaining, and he refuses to send it in for service even though it bluescreens after 45 minutes of gaming. I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people with the same thought patterns out there.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I would honestly be interested if they also include their legendary warranties (5 years I think).

I would honestly be interested if they also include their legendary warranties (5 years I think).

10 on at least their upper level PSUs

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

omg yessss. i was personally looking at the bladev15, would be good if there was another player in the ultra premium gaming laptop segment. the hp omen looks gorgeous but the build isnt up there

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

All i care about is quality and price

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Another over priced under powered laptop that doesn't have touchscreen included!

Nobody but you and Linus give a shit about touchscreen on a laptop.

-------

Current Rig

-------