Don't Let The Dreams Be Dreams - Just Crossfire it!

DXMember

Uhhmm.. how is Windows 10 giving AMD a performance boost when there are not DX12 games yet.

Also a AMD car in my setup would be plain useless since I can't use 144hz or G-SYNC on my monitors. And I won't be able to play games in 4K or 5K @ 144hz because like always AMD drivers suck and VSR only goes up to 3200x1800

Win10 is not only about DX12, there's also WDDM 2.0

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Ok so JayzTwoCents is biased? I want to see you make video's nearly every single day.

He simply didn't have time to redo all benchmarks. Also nobody should be using Windows 10 until it gets fixed.

You can be a hard working biased person. Also he doesn't makes videos daily it's more like 2 or 3 per week not counting tech talk. But actually no I don't think he's biased, if anything he has given AMD rebadges (yeah yeah, "refreshes" is the technically correct term) unworthy high praise, not even in line with the results he got out of them

-------

Current Rig

-------

Haha, more people should do this :D

So u regret not getting Fury X but you don't regret getting 980Ti's? Oh the irony...

Getting dual Fury X would cost me only 200€ more in total

Getting Gigabyte 980TI G1's would cost me 200€ more per card totaling 400€

Also #competitionisgreenwithenvy

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

You can be a hard working biased person. Also he doesn't makes videos daily it's more like 2 or 3 per week not counting tech talk. But actually no I don't think he's biased, if anything he has given AMD rebadges (yeah yeah, "refreshes" is the technically correct term) unworthy high praise, not even in line with the results he got out of them

which is funny if you look back at Vapor-X R9 290X 8GB where he basically said that the card is fit for working with Adobe Premier

and compare it with R9 390X where he was fascinated with the GTA V gameplay...

I also don't believe he's biased but it does sometimes appear that he is not putting in the effort to form his opinion and instead bases it on the mainstream reddit posts...

Sometimes I feel the same with Linux & Slix videos recently.

which is funny if you look back at Vapor-X R9 290X 8GB where he basically said that the card is fit for working with Adobe Premier

and compare it with R9 390X where he was fascinated with the GTA V gameplay...

I also don't believe he's biased but it does sometimes appear that he is not putting in the effort to form his opinion and instead bases it on the mainstream reddit posts...

Sometimes I feel the same with Linux & Slix videos recently.

In the case of Linus he actually does put some effort for example when he tries smart phones and wereables. So maybe he just isn't as engaged as before so he might eventually move away from PC hardware as the focus of the channel

-------

Current Rig

-------

But the 390 and 380 are miles better then what Nvidagreedya has to over.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Getting dual Fury X would cost me only 200€ more in total

Getting Gigabyte 980TI G1's would cost me 200€ more per card totaling 400€

Also #competitionisgreenwithenvy

No it's not. Fury X is barely available in Europe and it's 749€. Don't start talking about prices, all prices are the same in the E.U. maybe 5-10 euro difference. Both Fury X and 980Ti launch price is 649$ or 749€.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/451227/msi-r9-fury-x-4gb.html

The Gigabyte one is 718€ now and the Msi one is 735€ now. That's cheaper then the cheapest Fury X out there.

And I don't think I'm envying Fury or Fury X owners with their 20% less performance and no IPS 1440P 144hz monitors and no 4K,5K and 8K DSR. And no HDMI 2.0. My 4K TV is right next to my PC setup, so I sometimes play games on it.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No it's not. Fury X is barely available in Europe and it's 749€. Don't start talking about prices, all prices are the same in the E.U. maybe 5-10 euro difference. Both Fury X and 980Ti launch price is 649$ or 749€.

The Gigabyte one is 718€ now and the Msi one is 735€ now. That's cheaper then the cheapest Fury X out there.

And I don't think I'm envying Fury or Fury X owners with their 20% less performance and no IPS 1440P 144hz monitors and no 4K,5K and 8K DSR. And no HDMI 2.0. My 4K TV is right next to my PC setup, so I sometimes play games on it.

You are confusing Europe and Russia (:

I'm talking about prices in at my retailers, I know prices of my retailers

NgHwZq1.png

XOZiyip.png

to each theyr own

As for the nVidia features you mentioned

for me - I don't feel a need for 144Hz monitor and if I did - worst case scenario I could use the same you do.

Same goes for HDMI 2.0 - I don't use TVs for my desktop I look at HDMI connections like I look at VGA connections.

DSR - never seen use to it - for desktop - the text gets way too small to read comfortably and the interpolation is horrendous, even if you squit hard enough the text still isn't as clear as it is at native resolution - maybe my monitor is just bad at interpolating...

- for gaming I don't see any difference at all compared to the native

to each theyr own

As for the nVidia features you mentioned

for me - I don't feel a need for 144Hz monitor and if I did - worst case scenario I could use the same you do.

Same goes for HDMI 2.0 - I don't use TVs for my desktop I look at HDMI connections like I look at VGA connections.

DSR - never seen use to it - for desktop - the text gets way too small to read comfortably and the interpolation is horrendous, even if you squit hard enough the text still isn't as clear as it is at native resolution - maybe my monitor is just bad at interpolating...

- for gaming I don't see any difference at all compared to the native

I've tried this monitor with my R9 290 and got all sort of bugs and maximum of 120hz with G-SYNC.

And if you can't see the difference between 1080P and 4K DSR you are just plain lying.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I've tried this monitor with my R9 290 and got all sort of bugs and maximum of 120hz with G-SYNC.

And if you can't see the difference between 1080P and 4K DSR you are just plain lying.

well.. haven't tried 1080 --> 2160 DSR specifically but I have tried 1440 --> 2880 and the desktop is all blurry and unreadable, in games there is litterally no difference

As for G-SYNC really? Why exactly do you need variable refresh rate? are you running 750ti or some sort of integrated graphics?

There's zero point in any kind of variable refresh rate when you are running high end SLI/CF configuration that maxes out your display.

And for the bugs you experienced... thanks nVidia, guess the only thing your proprietary scaler uses from DisplayPort specification is the cable...

TL;DR: if you're going to run a dual gpu setup then go for 2 furys over 2 980tis

Also amd needs a shadowplay alternative that isn't this shitty raptr thing.

TL;DR: if you're going to run a dual gpu setup then go for 2 furys over 2 980tis

Also amd needs a shadowplay alternative that isn't this shitty raptr thing.

just run OBS and stream to twitch archive, that's what clouds are for (:

just run OBS and stream to twitch archive, that's what clouds are for (:

But what if you don't have an amazing CPU

• 2 weeks later...

of courase he didn't have time. I am sure he had that card for ages before posting the video about it. Just enough time I suspect to test it on all 3 main OS to find out which one had the biggest gap between the cards. There is nothing wrong with W10. It's just that AMD has such a performance boost that nvidia "preferers" won't use it. Jay is one, tech of tomorrow is another. A fair test would be to benchmark the cards on the latest operating system that over 50 million people are already using.

Jay made the 390 relevant while everyone was calling it a rebrand, that's not biased, that takes balls dude.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Jay made the 390 relevant while everyone was calling it a rebrand, that's not biased, that takes balls dude.

and he still said that Vapor-X 290X 8GB Edition is only good for scrapping videos in adobe premier.

That looks sexy af in there.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

and he still said that Vapor-X 290X 8GB Edition is only good for scrapping videos in adobe premier.

He considers price point. The 8 gig 290X was a very bad value proposition, almost like a marketing trick by AMD similar to the release of the Titan X only 2 months before the 980 ti. The 390 beats a 970, has more Vram and it's cheaper. While that sounds obvious i still haven't seen another reviewer actually saying, 'i recomend the 390 over the 970' and i give him credit for that.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

He considers price point. The 8 gig 290X was a very bad value proposition, almost like a marketing trick by AMD similar to the release of the Titan X only 2 months before the 980 ti. The 390 beats a 970, has more Vram and it's cheaper. While that sounds obvious i still haven't seen another reviewer actually saying, 'i recomend the 390 over the 970' and i give him credit for that.

fair enough