Don't Let The Dreams Be Dreams - Just Crossfire it!

DXMember

umm.. quick question - Can you still get this look of MSI Afterburner with the newer versions?

ClVQDGk.png

I've seen some screenshots of the new version I don't like it visually...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

depends on the game, but usually it's not so dramatic. We're looking at 10-15% max usually. It can still make a significant difference if two cards are close in performance (for example a 980ti and a fury, which would be within 15% of each other).

Lmao what drugs did you had today. This is how dramatic the Fury WITH X is:

https://youtu.be/BHAIe-fOTyM?t=14m39s

https://youtu.be/BHAIe-fOTyM?t=16m7s

As you can see he actually feels legitimate sorry for AMD.

If you wanted to heat your house up you could have 3 390's or 4 290's :D

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

yeah... check your second link again, because the fury non-x performs en par with the reference 980ti on that one at 4k... the fury x is not very good for 650 bucks, but the fury is a great option.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah... check your second link again, because the fury non-x performs en par with the reference 980ti on that one at 4k... the fury x is not very good for 650 bucks, but the fury is a great option.

Which idiot buys reference cards and games with them at 4K?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I really don't get all this hate on AMD, I remember at the time when I chose a 7970 instead of a gtx670 I got all the "OMG why" and guess what? My 7970 is still kicking ass while a friend with a 670 had to upgrade.

Sure the 980Ti is faster but also costs a LOT more, at least here so he saved a lot of money by getting two Fury instead of two 980Ti and got incredible performance.

it doesn't have to be reference to have clock speeds close to it. The next one in line is the kingpin, which is much more expensive. Using that graph is hardly fair. That's not Jay's fault, you are simply misreading it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really don't get all this hate on AMD, I remember at the time when I chose a 7970 instead of a gtx670 I got all the "OMG why" and guess what? My 7970 is still kicking ass while a friend with a 670 had to upgrade.

Sure the 980Ti is faster but also costs a LOT more, at least here so he saved a lot of money by getting two Fury instead of two 980Ti and got incredible performance.

Saved money? He spent 1089€ instead of 700€.

Also, we don't hate AMD at all, we just hate the Fury X because it's trash. Maybe make it 400-500$ then we see again.

AMD has the best price/performance in nearly everything except high-end stuff.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Also, we don't hate AMD at all, we just hate the Fury X because it's trash. Maybe make it 400-500$ then we see again.

He bought the Fury not the Fury X

it doesn't have to be reference to have clock speeds close to it. The next one in line is the kingpin, which is much more expensive. Using that graph is hardly fair. That's not Jay's fault, you are simply misreading it.

No you are just looking for a way out.

He clearly says that the Gigabyte version is 30$ more the the Fury X in the first link. But the Msi version performs the same as the Gigabyte G1, and is less louder, no coilwhine, less heavy and much shorter. So pretty much the best 980Ti out there, so the best gaming GPU in the world until now.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

he saved money compared to two 980tis... a single one isn't even close to two furys in terms of performance...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

he saved money compared to two 980tis... a single one isn't even close to two furys in terms of performance...

He saved a bit of money and lost a lot of performance... but ohwell ib4 people hate on me again.

If everyone just says "NICE" and moves on this forum would be boring :D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No you are just a fanboy looking for a way out.

What? I have owned both nvidia and amd cards and have no loyalty to either side. You're the one behaving like a fanboy here. And we are NOT talking about the fury X, get that in your challenged mind. I do NOT consider the fury X a better option than the 980ti and clearly said so; maybe next time read what other people write before throwing names around.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He saved a bit of money and lost a lot of performance... but ohwell ib4 people hate on me again.

If everyone just says "NICE" and moves on this forum would be boring :D

Fury = €580 (x2 €1160)

980Ti = €750 (x2 €1500)

I wouldn't call €340 "a bit" of money, those are a LOT of money.

I wish that these reviewers would stop using out of date software to run their comparisons. W10 has shown good improvements for AMD performance but not so much for Nvidia. This is why the biased reviewers are using windows 7 to test them instead of Windows 10.

Fury = €580 (x2 €1160)

980Ti = €750 (x2 €1500)

I wouldn't call €340 "a bit" of money, those are a LOT of money.

Inno3D 980Ti is 670 here. And 340€ is nothing when you have 1100€ at GPU's.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I wish that these reviewers would stop using out of date software to run their comparisons. W10 has shown good improvements for AMD performance but not so much for Nvidia. This is why the biased reviewers are using windows 7 to test them instead of Windows 10.

Ok so JayzTwoCents is biased? I want to see you make video's nearly every single day.

He simply didn't have time to redo all benchmarks. Also nobody should be using Windows 10 until it gets fixed.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I thought you were a wallet fanboy...

But you're right, if I was going for 980ti I would go for Gigabyte G1 or GALAX HOF which would cost me like 200~250€ more PER CARD

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

-----------------Conclusion time-------------------

Things I liked about this build:

BIG NUMBERS IN BENCHMARK

I will never ever be cold again in winter

I can turn up Advanced settings and play GTA V 1440p@120fps

I'm running the most powerful setup of all people in my circle of concern - read as - I have the biggest E-Peen

Things I didn't like about this build:

Sapphire RADEON R9 Fury is ginormous

Had to reposition my SSD

The bottom card is litterally 2mm from the PSU cover

PCI-E power is in the middle of the cards

My basement litterally looks liek a [power cable]-hole

Things I learned:

GPU Tach on the Fury cards can litterally turn black and white build into black and blue - which looks nice

If you try really hard you can fit really big things into really small holes (:

Human body and mind is amazing - you don't need to see to be able to do a lot of stuff

Things I would do differently in the future:

Get the mesurements for the stuff I am trying to fit

Get the mesurements for the stuff I am trying to fit something inside of

I'll try to rerout PCI-E power for the top card

Things I appreciate I did in the past:

Plan for future Crossfire setup - thus getting a SS-1000XP PSU

I appreciate I was born in this timeline with great engineers and mathematicians to allow me have all this stuff

Enrolling in the right University programm

Getting a job

Things I regret doing / not doing in the past:

I regret not getting Fury X

I regret not routing the additional PCI-E power for Crossfire setup in advance - lost a lot of time with this

Would I recommend anyone else doing what I did?:

We are enthusiasts - are we not?

Ok so JayzTwoCents is biased? I want to see you make video's nearly every single day.

He simply didn't have time to redo all benchmarks. Also nobody should be using Windows 10 until it gets fixed.

of courase he didn't have time. I am sure he had that card for ages before posting the video about it. Just enough time I suspect to test it on all 3 main OS to find out which one had the biggest gap between the cards. There is nothing wrong with W10. It's just that AMD has such a performance boost that nvidia "preferers" won't use it. Jay is one, tech of tomorrow is another. A fair test would be to benchmark the cards on the latest operating system that over 50 million people are already using.

of courase he didn't have time. I am sure he had that card for ages before posting the video about it. Just enough time I suspect to test it on all 3 main OS to find out which one had the biggest gap between the cards. There is nothing wrong with W10. It's just that AMD has such a performance boost that nvidia "preferers" won't use it. Jay is one, tech of tomorrow is another. A fair test would be to benchmark the cards on the latest operating system that over 50 million people are already using.

Uhhmm.. how is Windows 10 giving AMD a performance boost when there are not DX12 games yet.

Also a AMD car in my setup would be plain useless since I can't use 144hz or G-SYNC on my monitors. And I won't be able to play games in 4K or 5K @ 144hz because like always AMD drivers suck and VSR only goes up to 3200x1800

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

-----------------Conclusion time-------------------

snip

Haha, more people should do this :D

So u regret not getting Fury X but you don't regret getting 980Ti's? Oh the irony...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU