Lawsuit against school for Wi-Fi system was causing health problems

jos

huh.png UV isn't about visible light

Sunlight contains both UV and blue light, i'm just saying the UV rating on things like sunglasses work for both.

Idiots like this make it harder for technology to progress

Sorry Chasem121 but there are many other things that actually slow down technology being created and especially important being created for good causes and for the good of all.  Commerce, military spending by governments, creating tech we don't need to communicate and doing other things, etc. slow down technological progress that matters.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever

-Aristophanes

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

My boss needs to see this thread...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

As far as I can tell the real problem is that you can't prove or disprove it (to rational people which I doubt they are) I would be interested if things like resonance and minute interactions can have an affect on the mind. The human body can be very sensitive to things so I could understand if lots of tiny interactions could lead to stronger reactions. My guess is in a few generations humans will be used to it if they are not already.

Out of curiosity, is there any scientific way to prove someone has EHS, and that it's not just in their head?

Yes, you can do blind tests or double blind tests.

If only someone would set that up so we could get solid evidence to point towards. If only someone would do that...

Oh wait it has already been done:

In this article, we report an update to that review. An extensive literature search identified 15 new experiments. Including studies reported in our earlier review, 46 blind or double-blind provocation studies in all, involving 1175 IEI-EMF volunteers, have tested whether exposure to electromagnetic fields is responsible for triggering symptoms in IEI-EMF. No robust evidence could be found to support this theory. However, the studies included in the review did support the role of the nocebo effect in triggering acute symptoms in IEI-EMF sufferers.

In order words, people who claim to have electromagnetic hypersensitivity convenience themselves that they should feel ill, and that causes them to feel ill. It's all in their heads. You could be blasting them with WiFi or whatever kind of signal and they would not feel anything. But as soon as you tell them that they have been exposed they will start to feel ill.

I repeat, EHS is NOT real. It is all in your head. If you have ever experienced symptoms from it then it's because you are experiencing the nocebo effect.

And I'm allergic to seeing things, so everything that I see I Sue because it is directly harming me.

As said before this is a situation of "my baby isn't doing well at school! He would never slack off in class so it must be the WiFi messing with his brain!

- snip-

EHS is a real thing. But the way the parents think of it this is obviously a money making scam

I'm honestly not against this kind of thing existing. I know it's non-ionizing radiation and shouldn't have an effect on the human body but we are unfathomably complex organisms and don't fully understand every physiological process for every genetic variation of our species, not by a long shot, or medicine would be a completed field.

HOWEVER, scientific verification is a must, and if people are getting cash outs before that's even happened, well... That's a problem. And I suspect it currently is.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I feel this is just a new money making scam.. is there an actual Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome?????

Actually, yes there is. But nobody know what's causing it (yet), so this claim of WiFi causing it can be thrown out a window.

Ye ole' train

Public execution of these stupid people please?

Well, according to their own beliefs they should be dead already because they're allergic to something that's literally everywhere at all times...

Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome is real but it is a mental illness. The AMC show Better Call Saul has a character that has EHS.

I remember a study done with people who had this syndrome and they only experienced symptoms when they were TOLD the router was on, whether or not it was on or off.

Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome is real but it is a mental illness. The AMC show Better Call Saul has a character that has EHS.

I remember a study done with people who had this syndrome and they only experienced symptoms when they were TOLD the router was on, whether or not it was on or off.

That study does prove that those people have mental illness, but I wouldn't call it "Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome", I'd call it hypochondriasis with comorbid superstitiousness. There's no need to make a new illness out of a misperception.

I'm honestly not against this kind of thing existing.

[removed]

HOWEVER, scientific verification is a must, and if people are getting cash outs before that's even happened, well... That's a problem. And I suspect it currently is.

You shouldn't support it either until we have scientific backing and we won't. The amount of energy emitted by WiFi and Bluetooth antennas is so much lower than what cell phones emit. We are constantly exposed to radio signals whether we like it or not. We cannot escape it in a world connected with so many wireless based devices. Did the lawsuit mention cell phones?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"OMG my precious child can't focus and gets bad grades! Must be the school's wifi affecting him! He must have an undiscovered hypersensitivity to radio signals!"

I'd bet all my money that he uses his phone every day. The radiation he absorbs for that alone is probably ten times what he gets from the school's wifi.

He gets even more radiation from the banans he eats, lmao.