95-99% Memory usage 8GB DDR3

Flashie

Hi

All i'm running is MS Word, a mmo which usually doesnt use more than 2gb (Which is still alot, ik), but my memory usage is hitting 97% all the way to 99% - Whats causing it? Im running MS, Wurm Online and streaming a show on chrome (with steam doing nothing in background).

b11bf8c428.PNG

I wouldn't quite try restarting my PC just yet because i'd like to know for experience why this is happening

Edit:

2x4GB 1833MHz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer LED

first, how much memory do you have in the first place?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Looking at your scroll bar, it looks like you've got quite a few tasks running.

Looking at your scroll bar, it looks like you've got quite a few tasks running.

None of which is exceding anything that can total to this amount of usage however

If running Win 10- just another memory leak...

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Hi

All i'm running is MS Word, a mmo which usually doesnt use more than 2gb (Which is still alot, ik), but my memory usage is hitting 97% all the way to 99% - Whats causing it? Im running MS, Wurm Online and streaming a show on chrome (with steam doing nothing in background).

b11bf8c428.PNG

I wouldn't quite try restarting my PC just yet because i'd like to know for experience why this is happening

Edit:

system and java and chrome as well as other tasks do use alot of memory

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

first, how much memory do you have in the first place?

If running Win 10- just another memory leak...

What causes it to happen?

system and java and chrome as well as other tasks do use alot of memory

Just closed down the Java game and a tonne of different apps (mainly steam and skype too) and its now sitting on 97%

Just closed down the Java game and a tonne of different apps (mainly steam and skype too) and its now sitting on 97%

probably should just restart would be my suggestion

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

What causes it to happen?

It's just shitty OS... At least for next 2-3 months and 5000 updates...

None of which is exceding anything that can total to this amount of usage however

Perhaps a memory leak or virus.

Perhaps a memory leak or virus.

Went away after the restart but was interesting to do some research on memory leaks. Chances of me getting a virus is really low as i am very very cautious of what comes onto my PC (coming from the guy that did a clean install of windows 7 on his laptop when a few of the wrong programs were downloaded).

It's just shitty OS... At least for next 2-3 months and 5000 updates...

Ain't got no problems here.

Sounds like PEBCAK to me.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I'd have most probably found a fix if it was that. I've had no problems except for this current one. I havnt tweaked or installed anything to cause this either.

You gotta fresh Install the Windows.

That'll fix the problem.

It happens to most of the users when they upgrade from Windows 7/8.

But I've seen people complaining about the same when they fresh install too, but less.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Definitely you are deaf... Maybe blind too... Memory leak in Win 10 is something common these days... MS will fix it soon of course, but today memory leak is a FACT- like it or not there is no PEBCAK... 

You do know your scroll bar looks like it has a ton a ton a ton of programs up thats why i suggest to CLOSE ALL DEM PROGRAMS

Definitely you are deaf... Maybe blind too... Memory leak in Win 10 is something common these days... MS will fix it soon of course, but today memory leak is a FACT- like it or not there is no PEBCAK...

My install doesn't have problems.

It's not very common either, a quick Google search reveals a fair few people having the issue, but the biggest thread about it I could find was a reddit post (and that was 3 months ago, technically still Preview). If it really were as common as you make it out to be, a google search would reveal WAY more.

Aside from that, if it really were a W10 leak, it would affect WAY more users. It's probably a bad driver/software packet that leaks because of bad/nonexistent W10 Support from the company.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

You do know your scroll bar looks like it has a ton a ton a ton of programs up thats why i suggest to CLOSE ALL DEM PROGRAMS

Did that too and it had a very small influence - nearly none, to the overall. Eventually just said fudge it and restarted the system to an ordinary-state of memory usage and CPU usage. I got to learn about memory leakage though - which is a great plus

For what you are suggesting, he would need to be running at least 467 (assuming 8mb each) other programs that we dont see. Anyways seems like memory leek is the correct answer pointed out by others

What was you solution after? I've been following this thread since i have the same issue.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer