Overclock genie? Yay or nay?

Alright so im brand new to this kind of stuff. Been wanting to do a bit of overclocking since i have pretty premium components. i5 4690K, GTX 970, 8GB or gskill ram 1600mhz, and my mobo is MSI Z97 gaming 5. In my bios i see a button that says "overclock genie", i havent clicked it as i wanted to talk to you all about it first. What exactly will it do? Also is it completely safe to use, as in it changes everything that needs to be changed so that it  will boot fine and not have any issues? My CPU cooler is the EVO 212 coolermaster.

I would just look up a guide on overclocking your CPU it's really not too hard, once you know what to change it should be smooth sailing, GPU OC is fairly easy too. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's safe but you will get a better overclock if you do it manually.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Thanks Werto im just a bit worried, its a brand new rig and last thing i wanna do is screw something up or burn something.

Thanks Amazing, do you iknow what this will overclock to?

I have a very similar setup, in profile.

Cpu v core 1.2 and set cpus to 4.2. Test. Go up or down from there. Most will stop @ 4.4 or 4.5, the jump between 4.4 and 4.5 isn't much but can take alot of voltage if it will at all.

Test cpu will xtu or occt, 3dmark

Test gpu with occt or valley and games you play.

Test for about 4 hours for cpu and atleast 1 hour for gpu. Alway keep a eye on tempa

Most of us use msi afterburner or egva precision

Gpu oc

Set memory to +200 if you have Samsung memory. If not go up about 3 per gpu clock increase.

Core is a little harder, start by like + 50 then test. Go up + 5 or - 5 from there till stable.

Thanks Amazing, do you iknow what this will overclock to?

Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.4 GHZ

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I have a very similar setup, in profile.

Cpu v core 1.2 and set cpus to 4.2. Test. Go up or down from there. Most will stop @ 4.4 or 4.5, the jump between 4.4 and 4.5 isn't much but can take alot of voltage if it will at all.

Test cpu will xtu or occt, 3dmark

Test gpu with occt or valley and games you play.

Test for about 4 hours for cpu and atleast 1 hour for gpu. Alway keep a eye on tempa

Most of us use msi afterburner or egva precision

Gpu oc

Set memory to +200 if you have Samsung memory. If not go up about 3 per gpu clock increase.

Core is a little harder, start by like + 50 then test. Go up + 5 or - 5 from there till stable.

Thank you for this!

Thank you for this!

o yes, please test gpu clock then move on to the gpu memory.