To any owner of the iPhone 6+ (or Galaxy Notes/other 5.5" phones), how is it?

79wjd

So I'm probably going to be upgrading shortly after the new iPhone is released, and I'm trying to decide whether to get the 6s or the 6s+ (assuming all goes well and there are no major issues with either one). I currently have the 5s and I find the screen to be a bit too small for me (but I do like the smaller form factor). I mostly use my phone for internet/texts (very little gaming and virtually no video playback). The 6s+'s larger screen would be amazing for me when I'm on the internet, and probably even texting, however I do text a decent bit one handed while walking around....which is my biggest concern with the 6s+; followed by my concern over whether or not it's noticeably larger in your (front) pocket.

Is it manageable with one hand? Or is there anyone else who was in a similar situation and opted for the 6+, in which case, what's your opinion on the larger size? 

Note: I'd also probably pick of a case for it (nothing big, just something which would make the phone a bit larger in all dimensions -- maybe a Belkin Grip Candy/equivalent). 

Note 2: In terms of my hand size, I find a G502 to be a bit narrow (but still comfy), and a Naos 7000 to be about right if not maybe a bit too (awkwardly) wide. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Currently using Galaxy S6. Would prefer the Note since S6 is a bit small for my hands.

How big is your hand? That'll determine how much you'll feel comfortable one-handing the 6 Plus.

About 7-8" from the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger. (I find a G502 to be a bit too small, but still comfortable, and a Naos 7000 to be about right) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I would say my hands are a bit smaller than yours. I have a BIT of trouble one-handing a 6 Plus. If you've got an Apple store to try one out, do it. But I'm guessing you don't so eh.

I've tried one out, but I haven't been able to use one for an extended period (which I feel like is something I would need to do to get an accurate feel). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've tried one out, but I haven't been able to use one for an extended period (which I feel like is something I would need to do to get an accurate feel). 

Did you get a good feel of it, like were you able to one-hand it decently?

It's something that grows on you, and I can say so since personal experience.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I really gotten use to it, even 5 inch phones now they feel small.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I have a Note 4, not really that large for my small-ish hands, but occasionally have a little issue stretching to the top left corner of the screen to press the back button with my right thumb.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Did you get a good feel of it, like were you able to one-hand it decently?

It's something that grows on you, and I can say so since personal experience.

I'm not really sure tbh, it's like testing out a mechanical keyboard in a store....it's just not a good way to get any decent idea. 

I really gotten use to it, even 5 inch phones now they feel small.

OnePlus One owner here. I love it. It fits well in my hand.

I have a Note 4, not really that large for my small-ish hands, but occasionally have a little issue stretching to the top left corner of the screen to press the back button with my right thumb.

The Note 4 is quite a bit larger than the 6+ isn't it? (similar to a 6+ w/ a case) 

@All Of The Above 

Does anyone text/use their phone with hand, or did you used to now no longer can? If you no longer can, do you care/did you get used to it/do you miss being able to?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not really sure tbh, it's like testing out a mechanical keyboard in a store....it's just not a good way to get any decent idea. 

The Note 4 is quite a bit larger than the 6+ isn't it? (similar to a 6+ w/ a case) 

@All Of The Above 

Does anyone text/use their phone with hand, or did you used to now no longer can? If you no longer can, do you care/did you get used to it/do you miss being able to?

Dammit. Uhh... if you don't want to take any risks, you can always get a regular iPhone 6.

also i love how All Of The Above is an actual user :P

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Dammit. Uhh... if you don't want to take any risks, you can always get a regular iPhone 6.

also i love how All Of The Above is an actual user :P

I'll probably end up just chancing it and going with the 6s+ (assuming of course there's no issues). 

lol 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

@All Of The Above 

The iPhone 6 plus is taller but more narrow.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

@All Of The Above 

Still can. Never been an issue. It took me about 3 days to get used to it and then my parents s4's felt TINY. 

The Note 4 actually has a slightly smaller body than the iPhone 6+ but has a slightly larger screen size of 5.7".

@All Of The Above 

I still can text properly.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap