New LMG youtube channel idea!

Agazed

What do you guys think about Linus making a new youtube channel for vlogs around the office?

After seeing the moving vlogs, I was waking up and staying up late at night just to see them as soon as possible.

I think it would be a very good idea for Linus to vlog his daily life and around the office as it's interesting seeing what a person with access the new tech items goes through.

Sort of like a "behind the scenes" channel if you would.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

With so much, and really.. we have no idea just how much WORK is actually involved in Linus's part.. he's a successful business man, he has kids, a wife, and a HUGE company to run. Daily vlogs are definitely, for current times, non-existent. You have to remember, Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

With so much, and really.. we have no idea just how much WORK is actually involved in Linus's part.. he's a successful business man, he has kids, a wife, and a HUGE company to run. Daily vlogs are definitely, for current times, non-existent. You have to remember, Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

You sir can now say hello to my signature. Off to the user panel ^_^

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Lol, I don't think people get it, if they just did vlogs at the office it'd just be 1hr of watching someone edit. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

No he wouldn't do it. Because he said so like tons of times..

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

No he wouldn't do it. Because he said so like tons of times..

I think he also addressed it on the WAN show at some point. He said something similar to this:

It's like we record for hours, then spend ages looking through to find just 5 minutes of entertaining content

Wondered why Linus didn't touch Taran's rig in the SuperFun 'robbery' video? They're always editing, legit. The editing rigs were the last to go down at the old office and the first to go up at the new one ^_^

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Lol, I don't think people get it, if they just did vlogs at the office it'd just be 1hr of watching someone edit. 

That's the thing. I would watch that.. in it's entirety.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

I want The Bargain Bin

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

They could do editing tutorials in Adobe Creative Cloud for the LTT channel...

I do not mean editing videos for the Linus Tech Tips channel. I mean a few projects where they make motion graphics or edit videos that are not intended to be used on the channels (so that videos are not spoiled). Nicky V can cook up some tutorials using some of his BMX footage.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

what i want is an unscripted unboxing & light review/overview channel..

Details separate people.

They could do editing tutorials in Adobe Creative Cloud for the LTT channel...

I would watch the hell out of that, even if I am subscribed to lynda.com

To people who say they could make videos about people editing stuff. They can't. Some of those videos are under NDA etc. and would ruin the current teasing style. This falls into same category with live cam in new office. Too much stuff that is "internal business". If you haven't worked for company that does own research or has own operating methods that differ someway from competition, you can't possibly understand why its so important to keep them private. And why contracts have line that says something like "you are not allowed to talk about specifics of you job to people who aren't part of <company>. Breaking this will lead into instant annul of contract and you may face law suite".

So besides that, they already have channel for vlog/casual style videos. Called ChannelSuperFun.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

VLogs are fun but take a lot of time as mentioned earlier and aren't always providing any useful stuff while still being fun. So if they're going to do a vlog it's better to focus on something rather than simply going with what's just happening. Also being filmed 24/7 at the office is not a such great idea and puts too much stress on the team.

Rather than that I'd like to see a channel focused on DIY like this basement water cooling or the stuff made for scrappening rigs WC and a lot other stuff from gpu bios modding, doing your own desk case etc. That would be a lot of fun to watch with LMG qualities.

Don't you think his slaves editors have enough on their plates already?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Don't you think his slaves editors have enough on their plates already?

I'd worry more for the Linus himself since he'd have to manage more of the stuff and he can always hire more people if he wants to grow his company. And I think he said he wanted more channels on the last WAN, didn't he?

I'd worry more for the Linus himself since he'd have to manage more of the stuff and he can always hire more people if he wants to grow his company. And I think he said he wanted more channels on the last WAN, didn't he?

1. Hiring more people isn't always the answer. You usually have to pay those people unless you happen to be Mr. Krabs.

2. I tend not to watch the WAN show since I don't have the time.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1. Hiring more people isn't always the answer. You usually have to pay those people unless you happen to be Mr. Krabs.

2. I tend not to watch the WAN show since I don't have the time.

1) But if you want to grow your business you have to invest something, you know... hiring means usually paying people to bring you profit

2) So what? My argument is not valid because you haven't heard yourself?? I don't get you

1) But if you want to grow your business you have to invest something, you know... hiring means usually paying people to bring you profit

2) So what? My argument is not valid because you haven't heard yourself?? I don't get you

Okay... If he doesn't have the revenue to hire another person who needs to be paid, how do you expect him to stay in business?

And I wasn't fucking saying that your argument was invalid. It was IMPLIED that since I do not watch the WAN show, I would have no fucking clue.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, genius.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Rather than that I'd like to see a channel focused on DIY like this basement water cooling or the stuff made for scrappening rigs WC and a lot other stuff from gpu bios modding, doing your own desk case etc. That would be a lot of fun to watch with LMG qualities.

I would really like to see Linus and Luke work on a desk case. 

I think the closest we will get to vlogs is an extended after party when The WAN Show has finished. Or a reboot of LinusCatTips but that is very unlikely.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

Okay... If he doesn't have the revenue to hire another person who needs to be paid, how do you expect him to stay in business?

And I wasn't fucking saying that your argument was invalid. It was IMPLIED that since I do not watch the WAN show, I would have no fucking clue.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, genius.

It is for him to decide whether he want it or not. Why are you so angry about just putting the ideas on the table? Linus is a big boy, he knows how to run his business..

If you're not responding directly to my argument on this then who cares whether you watched it or not? It's simply not an argument.

Anyway let's hope LMG grows and they can make more content.

It is for him to decide whether he want it or not. Why are you so angry about just putting the ideas on the table? Linus is a big boy, he knows how to run his business..

If you're not responding directly to my argument on this then who cares whether you watched it or not? It's simply not an argument.

Anyway let's hope LMG grows and they can make more content.

I'm not angry...

And I didn't think the second part was an argument...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

You can grow profit with X number of employees to certain point. After that there's decision. To get better equipment. To start with something new. And to hire another worker. Every of those can bring more profit. Or could be drawback and cost more. At this point they have done two of those three points. Hired 2 new employees (Jon and Dennis) and got better equipment (new office) from which latter is still under construction. So in that sense they aren't going to do anything major like creating new channel before new office is ready.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv