My terrible experience with Dell.

NickB

So I bought a PC from Dell more than a year ago. They said it would arrive in about a week, but it took a whole month. Then, when I first plugged it in, it didn't turn on. They made me send the computer to them to get it fixed. After another month, I got it back. Everything was fine until my warranty expired. After one week of it being expired, my pc wouldn't turn on once again. So I paid $450 USD to get it fixed.

Again, they said it would take a week, but they put the repairs on hold TWICE. It's been a month now and I still don't have it. The expected return date is next week Monday. I'll update this post and let you guys know if it does get here at that time.

One more thing, customer support sucks, especially for people who don't have a warranty. They treat you like shit, they just keep transfering you to multiple departments. The "out of warranty department" is rarely open too!

Dell? Never again. This is a warning to all of you who are thinking to buy a Dell PC.

HP are just as bad IMO

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Have two Dell computers, no problems yet. Also since I am from Europe if we get a not working thing out of the box it doesn't get fixed, it gets replaced.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This is my experience with all pre-built pc's in a nutshell. I started out with an HP "gaming" desktop, and as I didn't know anything about it, I trusted the guy in the store. It said "core i7" and "Nvidia Geforce graphics" so I obviously thought it had to be good. Back home after some light games I tried The Witcher 2 I think it was, and turns out a € 1000 pc can't play it even at medium. I went back to the store and explained it, and they said they coudn't do anything about it, that a good gaming pc costs a lot more than € 1000 euro. After reading a lot of forums and news articles, I obviously got wiser and seeing back now, buying an i7 2600 and a GT 530 in that pc, is ridiculous to advertise as "gaming". More like "high end media pc"

this is why i buy my HP/dell stuff at a retailer that deals with this for me.

funny how I'd probably get a better experience using warranty on actual components then an actual pre-built PC, that should work better in terms of reliability. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Their support is not always same all over the place in the world.

It depends on support people's mind.

I've had no bad experience with DELL.

One of my friend got a Dell External HDD, Disk failure. Created a RMA. Got a brand new HDD within 4 days.

May be the support people were lazy.

It is not a good habit to blame DELL. It's the people who work for DELL.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Well, I've had no bad thoughts about them or their support (at least where I live in)

I once got my laptop damaged in the rain (sound familiar?) and worse, a flood

I sent it to Dell

They said they couldn't fix it since the water damage was too much but warranty covered me

And they sent me a new laptop (with higher specs, new CPU and larger HDD :P )

Dont even know why i got a newer laptop, but people here tell me they do that to entice me to buy more (and they did)

I have had literally THE best warranty experience with Dell.. im talking like next day engineers to my house with the parts

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Was it an Alienware? Probably...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

you would think when the warranty ends they would give you better support since they actually make a killing off of you... but nope!

Dell has always been like this afaik.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Explain, please.

Why did you bought Alienware instead of something else?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Don't you have something in the US similar to the UK for faulty goods......."sales of goods act 1979"

We can use it up to 6 years after buying the goods without warranty being valid.

Why did you bought Alienware instead of something else?

I had no knowledge on this kind of stuff, so I went for it. I had never experienced or heard of something like this. Not everyone is a tech genius.

I had no knowledge on this kind of stuff, so I went for it. I had never experienced or heard of something like this. Not everyone is a tech genius.

But everyone can use Google or ask somebody :D

Also 450$ for a repair? Did you get a new GPU?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

But everyone can use Google or ask somebody :D

Also 450$ for a repair? Did you get a new GPU?

No, I never tweaked anything. That's the price to send your pc over to them to get it repaired. I just remembered though, it's $430.

Let's see... Current Dell products that are still kicking ass with no problems (to an extent)...

S2340M

OptiPlex 170L

OptiPlex 760

Latitude E4300

Sister's OptiPlex 170L

Only one that has issues is my Latitude that gets too hot. It sucks that you have so many issues with them. I've only had one idiotic tech dude from them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

No, I never tweaked anything. That's the price to send your pc over to them to get it repaired. I just remembered though, it's $430.

WTF? And the PC was how much? 5000$?

And people still defend Alienware till this day...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Let's see... Current Dell products that are still kicking ass with no problems (to an extent)...

S2340M

OptiPlex 170L

OptiPlex 760

Latitude E4300

Sister's OptiPlex 170L

Only one that has issues is my Latitude that gets too hot. It sucks that you have so many issues with them. I've only had one idiotic tech dude from them.

There is a difference between Dell products (example;monitors) and Alienware which is a branche from Dell.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

WTF? And the PC was how much? 5000$?

And people still defend Alienware till this day...

The PC was an Alienware x51 for $950