Need Help Connecting PC to TV

neoxide

Hey I'm looking to connect by PC to my TV so I can watch Netflix on my TV. Essentially I just want to use the TV as a giant monitor. The TV has two HDMI ports and USB port while the PC (laptop) only has USB ports and a VGA port. I have a two-way USB cable but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there any way to get the TV to register the USB cable to output picture onto the TV? If not should I get a USB to HDMI adapter or a VGA to HDMI adapter or perhaps something else? Is a TV tuner mandatory just to get picture?

vga is an analog signal, hdmi is digital. there is no cheap way to connect them together.

your best option is find a usb to hdmi adapter, but I don't think the quality of those adapters would be any good.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Yeah unfortunately you'll need a converter for that and it is not the cheapest thing. If you were gonna go that route it might just be best to buy a graphics card, but idk what motherboard you have. Also tv tuner I believe is just so you can watch cable channels and such.

The USB port on your TV would be where you could plug something like a flash drive in to display pictures or possibly some formats of video files, not a video input.

Here is a USB to HDMI adapter which may work? I can't imagine USB (Unless it's USB 3) having enough bandwidth to output HD video content very well though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U00BN4280

• 1 month later...

Use a vga to component adapter

http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/vga-to-rca/30h1-50200.htm?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&zmam=54972865&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=30H1-50200&gclid=CMuwk5vp-rUCFY9AMgodQD4ABA

there cheap as vga and component use the same signal. the usb doesn't work as the usb port is made for a usb drive not a computer to be pugged into. you cant run video through it

• 1 month later...

you may need something expensive buddy

tho what might help you is if your TV had a vga as well. mine was sort of hidden so try looking again, though i would not live long enough to have sound and display on two different cables.

• 4 weeks later...

depending on the price of the route you opt for you might as well just get the apple tv thing which has netflix and youtube on, i use it to stream from my pc as well now (files have to be itunes compatable)

What model tv do you have?

If your streaming Netflix there is no easy way and you will lose quality of picture. I would recommend upgrading your pc or buying/using a laptop with hdmi.

I think that every tv that has HDMI olso got  VGA. If not there is vga to dvi converters then a dvi to hdmi cable and problem solve. U may olso need a two way audio cable to get audio into tv if your graphic card doesent support sound.

Amd FX 6300,Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU cooler ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Nvidia Gt 440, 1x 120 gb Kingston Savage SSD,1x 1Tb WD Hdd 1 x 320 gb WD HDD, 1x 640 WD HDD.