Whats the cost of Movie Ticket in your place?

kameshss

Hi,

Just curious about the cost of a movie ticket in your place.

In most of places in India, the cost of a movie ticket is around $2 USD (ie 120 INR), Some of the high end theaters has IMAX projection and also Auro 3D 11.1 sound and still costs same to watch a movie there. Also in my city there are still theaters that sells ticket under $2 USD and also provide good quality 4k projection and sounds like QUBE sound, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus and high end stuffs like that. It’s a standard in here to sell tickets around this price point. I think it's super cheap to watch movies in India. What do you guys think and tell the cost of a movie ticket in your place. :)

Thanks!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

2 bucks? wut.

a ticket for the movie theatre here in the netherlands is about 15 euro's. atleast here in Groningen it is! and that's excluding food and stuff.

this is why i never go to the movie theatre :P

It sort of depends on the cinema, and the screen you choose. 

Normally, it ranges from £5 ($7.80 USD) (standard screens) to £20 ($31 USD) (for the small, private screens)

I don't know.... My grandma works at a Bowling ?Alley and gives the owner free bowling games in exchange for free movies. We get like a medium popcorn free to.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 bucks? wut.

a ticket for the movie theatre here in the netherlands is about 15 euro's. atleast here in Groningen it is! and that's excluding food and stuff.

6,50 euros in tilburg!

In my country South Africa it's about $3 however other more feature rich cinema's it could be as much as $12.

The last movie ticket I bought was 100kr. (about 15$). 

However, my wife gets two free movie tickets through her job every month, so we usually don't pay to go to the cinema.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 bucks? wut.

PopCorn here be like $1.5 USD or something ! ha ha! :P

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

It sort of depends on the cinema, and the screen you choose. 

Normally, it ranges from £5 ($7.80 USD) (standard screens) to £20 ($31 USD) (for the small, private screens)

That's super expensive! lol

Around $9.50 USD  :(

I have pretty much changed to simply buying a Blu-Ray and watching it at home for date nights now. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The last movie ticket I bought was 100kr. (about 15$). 

However, my wife gets two free movie tickets through her job every month, so we usually don't pay to go to the cinema.

Still insane amount compared to my country to watch a movie.

$6.5 matinee $8.00 normal $10.50 IMAX

IMAX here $2. !!!

That's super expensive! lol

Things in the UK are expensive in comparison to a lot of places. The £ (pound) is pretty strong right now, but the inflated prices haven't really dropped yet. It's approaching $2 to the £ and it's already over that for the Canadian Dollar. 

Computer hardware is especially expensive, with it coming close to 1:1 pricing for USD and GBP (so $100 for a GPU and £100 for the same GPU type thing)

like $14 for a normal move if its 3d it cost like $26 

OOoohh! Here all same, It doesn't matter if it is a 3D movie except they charge like $0.90 us for 3D glasses.

Depending on the film. It can vary between 5 and 15 pounds. For some reason the pound sign wont work on this bloody laptop. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

we have thoes state in the art projectors like imax and stuff. the moves cost around 8-20 dollors USD

named "the big D"

Here too IMAX projection! $2 !

Still insane amount compared to my country to watch a movie.

Most things are quite expensive in Denmark, but that's because most people make quite a lot of money when compared to other countries. 

But movie tickets are extremely overpriced. 

On the bright side, you can bring whatever food and drink to cinema. While the cinemas don't like it, they can't legally take it away from you. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

tickets go from around 7 to 15 bucks and i live in the us .... 2 usd for a imax movie would be amazing i could afford the snacks then  :P  :P

Things in the UK are expensive in comparison to a lot of places. The £ (pound) is pretty strong right now, but the inflated prices haven't really dropped yet. It's approaching $2 to the £ and it's already over that for the Canadian Dollar. 

Computer hardware is especially expensive, with it coming close to 1:1 pricing for USD and GBP (so $100 for a GPU and £100 for the same GPU type thing)

Yeah I've seen it in sites. PC hardware are super expensive in UK.