YouTubers now have official guidelines for advertising

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Video bloggers are breaking the law if they fail to tell their legions of fans they are being paid to promote products, according to a landmark ruling from the UK advertising watchdog.

The UK advertising watchdog has introduced new rules governing how popular video bloggers such as Zoella promote products, after a number complained of pressure to keep commercial tie-ups secret from their legions of fans.

Kim Kardashian was last week forced to delete a picture from her Instagram account, which US regulators said promoted a morning sickness drug, but did not mention the health risks associated with taking it.

In 2012, footballer Wayne Rooney was also found to have breached advertising rules, promoting sports brand Nike on his Twitter account without making clear it was a paid advert.

The Cap guidelines discuss several scenarios in which text clarifying that content is sponsored, or that a product placement arrangement is in place, might be added to videos.

Viewer trust

Cap also advises brands collaborating directly with vloggers to be equally clear that the resulting content is a form of online marketing.
Similarly, vloggers advertising their own products need to make viewers aware of this before they begin watching, via the title of the video.

Vlogger influence

The influence of today's vloggers hasn't gone unnoticed.
They are increasingly viewed as role models by teenagers, according to Your Life, a government-backed campaign encouraging young people to choose maths and physics at A-level.

jpg1.jpg

Director of CAP, Shahriar Coupal, said the rules would give vloggers "greater confidence" and "in turn help maintain the relationship and trust they've built with their followers".

​"Wherever ads appear we should be confident we can trust what an advertiser says; it's simply not fair if we're being advertised to and are not made aware of that fact."

Should be noted this applies to Vlogers more than people like Linus who creates reviews on his channel, Since Linus is upfront about his sponsers in his Office Vlogs, he's in the clear. 

how much will this affect the youtubers idk atleast you tube is not saying you can't have paid sponsors, so that's a win i guess. 

it makes sense when channel like Linus has has a target sponsors such as tech sponsors instead of a face cream, like most of the channels do these days. 

Source : http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/youtubers-now-have-official-guidelines-for-advertising/

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/aug/19/new-uk-vlogger-guidance-issued-in-wake-of-kim-kardashians-banned-selfie

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Ok. Ill just talk about this random product in the middle of my game for no god damn reason! 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

What. I barely care about what they are even promoting anyway. Am just their to watch the content. Doesn't this also apply to linus too?

" We did this video because AMD GAVE US ALL OF THE THINGS"

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Oh-oh... I think fanbases are going to start to drop after this guidelines.

What. I barely care about what they are even promoting anyway. Am just their to watch the content. Doesn't this also apply to linus too?

" We did this video because AMD GAVE US ALL OF THE THINGS"

it applies to specifically vlogers not review channels, but a reviewer as a code that he needs to be open about who sponsored the product, if amd gave the product to review, its a review sample not sponsorship. and linus and luke have been open about who sent them their review sample in all their videos. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Most youtubers already do this, dont they... all youtubers I watch that have a sponsor always say "this episode of [youtube channel] is sponsored by [company]"

yes, they do.

I'm only subbed to channels that advertise products used by the channel owner/crew. I can sense the fakeness coming off some channels with

"It's the best product ever guis!" and yet they've never used it themselves. or anything from the company for that matter.

and I'm sure this is because of adblock. looks like ad spots just got more expensive for corps. nice!

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

1.shaving products of any kind are not allowed

2.but wipes for babies are allow but for men NO!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Cover everything in Duct Tape©

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just in time for CollegeHumor's latest video addressing that very issue.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.