Gone!, It's All Gone!

Insurance Assessor's Hear I'll let you guys know when i know

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

Damn, that sucks dude.

Knowing how much was your stuff worth, why didn't you installed some sort security cameras before?, if I had stuff worth that much I would have done that.

I hope you can get your stuff back, or at least some of it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

The first step in fixing a problem is admitting there is one.

There is a s*** load wrong in the US. has been for some time. The last 100 years, started slow and has grown but that's how most problems in history have happened but the general population doesn't see it until it is to late. I could give a history lesson but it would take to long.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Damn, that sucks dude.

Knowing how much was your stuff worth, why didn't you installed some sort security cameras before?, if I had stuff worth that much I would have done that.

I hope you can get your stuff back, or at least some of it.

Since i was in middle of Moving my tools from 1 workshop to another i needed to keep them somewhere while in the process

i was suppose to move the tools to the new workshop today

-Microsoft 2015

Nation fixed.

I'm not going to start a political debate but:

Hah, no.

Insurance Assessor's Hear I'll let you guys know when i know

Good luck! :)

There is a s*** load wrong in the US. has been for some time. The last 100 years, started slow and has grown but that's how most problems in history have happened but the general population doesn't see it until it is to late. I could give a history lesson but it would take to long.

I'm not going to start a political debate but:

Hah, no.

Good luck! :)

Sounds like we have a PM convo in the making. Gonna go play Skyrim, am severely drunk, but by all means, PM me (link one another) and I will get back to you in the morning. (it's midnight for me right now. Eastern time)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

try remoting into PC?

How? i dont have any remote control software installed and it may not even be connected to the net if the robber plugit it

besided their is a password, the can log in anyway

-Microsoft 2015

@LinusTech

I'm Sitting here in australia wishing i could go to canada for the LMG Meetup, but i got insurance to sort out

-Sigh-

Oh well

-Microsoft 2015

How? i dont have any remote control software installed and it may not even be connected to the net if the robber plugit it

besided their is a password, the can log in anyway

rip then

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Alright Insurance Assessor's told me

i will get reimbursed for 95% of what was stolen

so thats my car, tools, fridge, tv, the G27 and Both DX Racer chairs including the Fnatic Edition

I'm not taking out my insurance yet since i want to see if the police can find who robbed me

and if i will get my stuff back

-Microsoft 2015

Alright Insurance Assessor's told me

i will get reimbursed for 95% of what was stolen

so thats my car, tools, fridge, tv, the G27 and Both DX Racer chairs including the Fnatic Edition

I'm not taking out my insurance yet since i want to see if the police can find who robbed me

and if i will get my stuff back

95% isnt too bad, but what good is 95% of a car? or a PC?

This is really sad. Seriously. If you find them somehow just squeeze that TIM into their eyes. Anyways hope everything goes fine.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

can i take out the insurance then if the police find my stuff can i keep the money and my stuff?

-Microsoft 2015

i 'm basicly getting everything back exept the Office pc and HTPC

-Microsoft 2015

i 'm basicly getting everything back exept the Office pc and HTPC

Yay! :)

What were the specs of all the rigs? Just wondering.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Yay! :)

What were the specs of all the rigs? Just wondering.

Office PC was just a intel pentium g3258

HTPC was just a Intel i3 4170 with a TV Tuner PCI Card and Sound card

both had 4gb ram

neither had a GPU

both had a stock cooler

-Microsoft 2015

I'll Keep the Forum up to date with the Police investigation

-Microsoft 2015

Office PC was just a intel pentium g3258

HTPC was just a Intel i3 4170 with a TV Tuner PCI Card and Sound card

both had 4gb ram

neither had a GPU

both had a stock cooler

Ah, my second rig also serves as a htpc, I prefer having games running on it instead of using steam inhome streaming as that compresses the hell out of the video and produces a bit of noise and static along with lowering color quality.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I've was gone since the 11th of August

its most likely just a random Attack

only people i give my address are close friends and Amazon.com

I saw a statistic once that a high % of robberies were done by people that knew the person, I wouldn't be surprised if someone that knew your schedule or knew you were leaving did it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I saw a statistic once that a high % of robberies were done by people that knew the person, I wouldn't be surprised if someone that knew your schedule or knew you were leaving did it.

i doubt it

I've known my firends for years, besides the police pulled prints,

and they told me a house down a few km down from me was apparently robbed a week or 2 before i left

they beleive the 2 crimes are linked

-Microsoft 2015

i doubt it

I've known my firends for years, besides the police pulled prints,

and they told me a house down a few km down from me was apparently robbed a week or 2 before i left

they beleive the 2 crimes are linked

Wonder how your neighbors didn't notice your car being driven away and some vehicle most likely pulling up to fit everything...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wonder how your neighbors didn't notice your car being driven away and some vehicle most likely pulling up to fit everything...

Maybe because the house next door is empty and the other house is full of stoners

-Microsoft 2015

dam that really sucks about your gear. Always reassuring that insurance will cover it, however there is that weird kind of wait to ensure that what was taken was actually covered by your policy and what percentage you will receive (because who reads the fine print, honestly).

As for keeping the stuff. What you should be doing is if the police find the items, when they are to be returned to you (ie they call you as your the listed owner of the property), tell your insurance company that they had been located and that they can pick them up. They will send down an assessor if it is actually worth something to them and they can sell it to recoup some of the money they paid out to you, or they may even tell you that its not worth it and you can have it still. Either way, that's the right thing to do whether you tell them is up to you however if they were to find out they may cancel your policy or next claim they may mention it and deny your next claim, they can and will be sneaky obviously when it suits them (ie when its their turn to pay out)