For Anyone who Wishes to financially support me

Though i do need it, Please save your money for yourself

I do not really like the thought of taking money for my dismay

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

Are you staying at a relative's for a while now then?

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Damn, I don't know what to say to that...  :o  :(

My neighbour works in the police force and he told me that criminals are using a new way to rob houses and steal stuff they normally would not be able to.

They come up on your drive way with a truck that looks like a moving companies truck and in broad daylight will start loading the truck with items from your house. It looks like something normal happening to everyone near by and they don't suspect anything of it.

I would ask your neighbours if they saw a huge truck come up on your drive way and thought that you were moving, ask them if the truck was branded and if they can remember what it says.

Best wishes to you, I hope you can get this sorted out.

Are you staying at a relative's for a while now then?

No staying at my place ATM

My GF offered for me to stay at her place

i'm thinking of staying at hers for a while

-Microsoft 2015

Wait so you sold a computer just to pay bills?

So why you have all this expensive stuff if you struggle to pay the bills?

Just asking because I forego nice things to pay my bills :D

But yeah, that sucks. Obviously Insurance isn't going to pay for everything but good luck to you sir.

Oh my god man, I'm not even going to read what got stolen. The dollar amount was enough... I hope you can at least get the money back...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh my god man, I'm not even going to read what got stolen. The dollar amount was enough... I hope you can at least get the money back...

Some of it was birthday gifts for someone else. The fact that any of this got stolen is sick, but the fact that some of it was a birthday gift for someone else is even worse.

My thoughts and prayers go with you.

At least it happened when you were not home, I mean unless your prepared for such a thing then to bad you weren't there to beat the tar out of them.

My wife keeps a shotgun under the bed since I travel and she knows how to use it.

I hope it all comes to better ending and the insurance guys don't screw with you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Give me an address I can mail my PC.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Give me an address I can mail my PC.

But yeah, that sucks. Obviously Insurance isn't going to pay for everything but good luck to you sir.

All my tools that add up to $30,000 are from my previous Job, i still used them even though i changed my career

i still useded them weekly

The TV was a Gift

-Microsoft 2015

All my tools that add up to $30,000 are from my previous Job, i still used them even though i changed my career

i still useded them weekly

The TV was a Gift

I'm really hoping this isn't a troll thread. 

I wasn't being serious.

although my folding pc isn't necessary to have

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

2 Computers*

and i dont struggle, i had been very sick for a while and couldn't work, i had already used my Sick pay, and i need some more money to pay bills

I'm geting income now since im back at work

-Microsoft 2015

I feel sorry for you man. This is really bad sad.png  It would have helped if you had a webcam feed set up to see who these people were though. Next time you go on holiday(or employer-paid trip), hide your PC somewhere, and keep your curtains shut. If you can, get a timer passthrough socket and a lamp, and have that turn on/off every few hours. I really hope you get some of that stuff back or at least some of the money.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

I'm really hoping this isn't a troll thread. 

I'm not, Besides Im sure Trolling is Against the LTT COC

4.1 Trolling

This includes but is not limited to the following:

• Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums.
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads such as picking fights or insulting other members.
  • Making non-constructive posts for the purpose of causing unrest.  This includes posting LMGTFY links.
  • Abusing the Report Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Labelling a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements.
  • Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling)
  • Excessive use of different fonts / font colors for non post formatting purposes will result in moderative action.

-Microsoft 2015

Some of it was birthday gifts for someone else. The fact that any of this got stolen is sick, but the fact that some of it was a birthday gift for someone else is even worse.

That is just... Why... WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO DO THIS PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID WE'RE ANALLY FUCKED AS A RACE *engages tin foil hat*

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

2 Computers*

and i dont struggle, i had been very sick for a while and couldn't work, i had already used my Sick pay, and i need some more money to pay bills

I'm geting income now since im back at work

I remember when my dad had kidney cancer. We really struggled financially for a VERY long time. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

That is just... Why... WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO DO THIS PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID WE'RE ANALLY FUCKED AS A RACE *engages tin foil hat*

...finally?

I thought this begun much earlier.

edit: thought anally was a typo. LOL

I'm not, Besides Im sure Trolling is Against the LTT COC

Doesn't mean troll threads don't exist.

I'm really sorry this had to happen to you. Time to live underground.

Doesn't mean troll threads don't exist.

I'm really sorry this had to happen to you. Time to live underground.

I'll Join the Tunnel Snakes

Cas' they Rule!

-Microsoft 2015

I'll Join the Tunnel Snakes

Cas' they Rule!

I need a password for my door and I'll store all my valuables in my room. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I need a password for my door and I'll store all my valuables in my room. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

inb4 room is really a big ass safe that you live in. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.