Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek Case Mod, ASUS, 3 way SLI

Mnpctech

I'm back in the workshop with another build. This will be a liquid cooled 3-way 980 GTX gaming system for a friend. I'll post photos of the hardware as it arrives to me. The theme will be inspired by Star Trek. I'll be performing some case mods to the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full tower case. I really like this case for it's features.

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimo

I'll be hardlining with 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID, Mnpctech offers 24" & 12" pre-cut tubes here, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-alphacool-ek-bitspower-hardwarelabs-heatkiller-liquid-cooling/petg-tube-clear-bend-petg-tubing-mnpctech/

fyi: will be expanding into metric sizes later this year

petg_tube_tubing_hardline_pc_bend_waterc

PETG Liquid Tube Cutter, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/petg-and-pvc-ratchet-tube-cutter.html

primochill_thermlatke_xspc_monsoon_bitsp

Silicone Bending Cord for Acrylic or PETG, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-alphacool-ek-bitspower-hardwarelabs-heatkiller-liquid-cooling/silicon-bending-insert-for-3-8-id-rigid-acrylic-or-petg-tubing-1-2-od.html

petg_acrylic_rigid_silicone_bending_inse

I created a full view replacement window panel so Will can show off the hardware in his Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case. It's CNC machined from 3/8" thick 100% cast acrylic.

phanteks_pro_luxe_clear_window_panel_mnp

Remove this Black factory case screw. You will replace it with the included Black Thumb screw included with the panel.

The bottom of the clear panel has groove that mounts over the lip of the Phanteks chassis.

The clear panel is mounted onto the chassis vertically, from the bottom first.

phanteks_pro_luxe_primo_clear_window_pan

The clear panel includes this custom made lock washer. The raised portion of the washer must be positioned over the clear panel.

phanteks_pro_luxe_primo_clear_window_pan

Use the included Black Thumb screw and lock washer to fasten in the clear panel.

I like the clean look of this Antec 380 front grill

The very 1st "Ph-antecs" case mod

Shrouding the Phanteks Luxe chassis is really easy....

Just make a cardboard template

Used my template to cut a piece of White opaque acrylic... everything took less than 30 mins... I will use adhesive backed velcro to attached the shroud, so it's easily removed.

Stay Tuned for more soon!

17 years of helping you void your warranty

are you uploading this to your youtube channel as well?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Thanks for checking out my build and commenting guys!

Will gave me license to adapt whichever Trek genre I wanted. I'm grabbing inspiration with a bit of the original series, cause I want to create an memorial plaque for Nimoy, and maybe the enterprise artwork from next gen, only because theres more higher quality artwork of the ship avail on the net. Next stage for this build was cutting a window in to chassis and shroud. This will be for viewing the Enterprise Warp Drive HD Activity meter. I used a Dremel with cutting wheel to make the first incision, then a Jigsaw with 18 TPI bi-metal cutting blade. The edges were filed before installing Black Edge trim u-channel on the chassis. I may place a Light Blue transparent window over the opening or leave it as is.

Black U-channel Rubber edge trim for finishing window or fan cut-outs, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/u-channel-pc-computer-window-rubber-trim-molding-cable-management/

Nice job so far man, following!

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

Looks pretty neat, nice job..

Details separate people.

Thank you tuning in and commenting!

I mentioned starting another Star Trek theme project on my Twitter and majority of responses suggested adding a Warp Drive. We already committed to using the Koolance RP-450X2 Dual 5.25in Reservoir, so a Warp Drive theme Reservoir didn't make sense. (I promise making one if I ever do a 3rd Star Trek theme PC) My 1st Trek build was for Comic-Con and David Gerrold, I partnered with Mike Okuda, who designed sets for the Next Generation series. The PC case was based on Spock's Tricorder. This Warp Drive from Playmates will serve as our Power and Hard Drive activity meter. I got this set for a song on Craiglist

Koolance makes great quality liquid components at a great price. This is 2nd build this year that utilized all Koolance's latest blocks and components. Everything installed nicely. Last night I created Star Trek style badges for the rear 140mm exhaust and front bezel grill while binge watching the Walking Dead. I want a brushed steel look for both of these.

Epoxied acrylic onto back of badges, to raise them off surface just a tad

120_140_overkill_fan_ring_computer_grill

120mm version Overkill fan ring from Ronnie Hara's "Game of Thrones" build. I've made 140mm version of the rear exhaust fan ion this build, PC Cooling Fan Grills, 80mm, 120mm, 140mm, 200mm, 230mm

The Enterprise Warp Drive will serve as our HD activity meter. I've cut Darkside RGB light strip to fit inside. I've modified the drive's door with clear acrylic window to view PowerLED mounted inside.

Removed top of HD/SSD bay. The Warp Drive will be attached to this for easy installation or removal.

rgb_lights_darkside_bitfenix_cooler_mast

Darkside RGB light kits, http://mnpctech.com/pc-led-lights/

https://mnpctech.com/images/companies/3/phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimoy_nvidia_evga_intel_gaming_pc_mnpctech_antec9h.jpg

Superbright 5mm LED mounted insode Warp Drive door for indicating Power On.

RGB light strip inside Warp Drive

More to come soon!

nice.

subbing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thank you for the support!!

I will always TEST components before hardlining. Yesterday I tested the PMP 450/S Vario speed D5 pumps and Koolance RP-452X2 Dual Bay Res Rev 2.0. You can set this up for dual or single loops. I like using this set-up because it's very efficient and saves space inside a chassis this size.

Heres some examples I'm playing around with for paint and graphics. Spock's image may change. I want to mill a memorial plaque to place somewhere as well. Today I've been researching different ways to create illuminated LCARS screen that may go on this side or backside of chassis... Maybe as illuminated SSD cover..

paint and stickers seem a bit easy don't you think. I would make that portrit of the the ship a 3D model that seems to be coming out of the side of the case/

I like the first one but I think you should mirror the first image of the enterprise and maybe move the image of Spock to below the reactor or onto the PSU cover.

Hello from a fellow Minnesotan PC modder!  This is going to be SO awesome! I can't wait to see the final result!

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5