G2a is to blame for an account hack?

cd5josh

So essentially my ea account was hacked shortly after making a purchase on g2a.  The person claimed they were in algeria, were given access to my account based on a game redemption code used.  Where they changed my password, deleted my security questions, and attempted to change my email which is where it came to a halt. 

My paypal is linked to my origin, which the same email, which is my assumption of how it happened.  When I paid for the game on g2a I used my paypal account, therefore they received access to the email used, on top of the game product code they sent to that origin account.

What really pisses me off was the fact ea essentially handed them access, even though all my purchases were made in the usa prior, the person claimed they had lost access to the email address, and was away for business in algeria.  Common sense would tell you what is going on but apparently not.  So now I've got my account back, with a new email address, ea got an ass chewing, and I've lost faith in ordering from g2a.

In all fairness I had bought a dozen other games from g2a for steam and gog, and never had any issues before this 1 game i purchased on origin. 

Just remember that sometimes price does reflect quality

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

I'm interested in EA's response. You save the customer support script?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

You did look at the buyer before purchasing right? I hope that he didn't have many transactions and it was a newly created account.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

EA's costomer support is shit. Please call G2A or live chat with them.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I'm interested in EA's response. You save the customer support script?

As much as I could, they kept referring me to call.  And when confronted through the text chat about why they gave my account with my personal information as well as payment information over with so little resistance the support rep quickly cut the conversation off and referred me to call in the morning.

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

In my opinion G2A is 100% use at own risk and I would never call it 100% trustworthy, especially as you are dealing with a global marketplace

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

EA's costomer support is shit. Please call G2A or live chat with them.

why would I do that? To tell them that one of the sellers had hacked my account, what benefit is there for me now that I have recovered my account? Lose it again, I think not

why would I do that? To tell them that one of the sellers had hacked my account, what benefit is there for me now that I have recovered my account? Lose it again, I think not

well they will contact the seller and give them shit. Try to contact them, and if u want also EA.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

well they will contact the seller and give them shit. Try to contact them, and if u want also EA.

Did you read the op? I did contact ea. multiple times.  I received 5 emails yesterday from ea customer support everytime the person changed my details with a script of the conversation.  And 17 times this morning.

Did you read the op? I did contact ea. multiple times.  I received 5 emails yesterday from ea customer support everytime the person changed my details with a script of the conversation.  And 17 times this morning.

see i told u EA is shit. Please try to change ur passwords and CONTACT G2A.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

see i told u EA is shit. Please try to change ur passwords and CONTACT G2A.

I just did, the guy posted a link to an old for sale thread that listed my msn email, which is the same as my g2a email, then says "this might be the source of your issue as well"

So essentially my ea account was hacked shortly after making a purchase on g2a.  The person claimed they were in algeria, were given access to my account based on a game redemption code used.  Where they changed my password, deleted my security questions, and attempted to change my email which is where it came to a hault. 

This is a little confusing. How did they have access to your email address? I also don't understand "given access to my account based on a game redemption code used"?

This is a little confusing. How did they have access to your email address? I also don't understand "given access to my account based on a game redemption code used"?

Sometimes customer support can give you access to an account whose password you forgot if you supply them with a retail CD Key you used to activate a game, to prove that you are the owner.

because my g2a account paypal account and origin account are all using the same email.  so when i made my purchase, first it showed what paypal account sent the money, then it shows them where to email the game redemption code.

and what was previously said, if you claim you lost a password but have a redemption code that was used you can gain access.

Sometimes customer support can give you access to an account whose password you forgot if you supply them with a retail CD Key you used to activate a game, to prove that you are the owner.

That's freaking stupid. They should require at least two keys instead of a single one. Or address verification or something.

That's freaking stupid. They should require at least two keys instead of a single one. Or address verification or something.

Basically, and as i said the hacker states "im from the usa, but im currently in algeria for business"  When they saw the person is changing my country, name, origin id, email adress, and password, it should had made it pretty clear what was going on.

• 8 months later...

Hello cd5josh

Please bear in mind that seller, in any case, does not have any access to any of your personal informations. Seller only sees he's code sold in his auction and the status of his auction. At the end, seller may only rate the transaction. Also, if your account on EA was hacked, it's not connected to your purchase in G2A, even if you used PayPal. We do not store your personal data, so an attack on your account, cannot be done through our website. In such case please contact with EA Support, in order to solve this matter out. 

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on live chat or ticket. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A!

James G2A Team

I call your Story Nonsense. No way any Seller could "hack" your account because you bought a Key from them. They dont know any of your Informations. Maybe delete some Backdoors and Keylockers on your System and stop klick on random links in unkown emails.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO