USA Ripping off UK TV Shows

AlecR

I am really fed up with the USA ripping off good UK TV shows.

First it was the Office, which I don't really care about, but what really, really annoys me is the Inbetweeners USA.

WHY OH WHY?

Probably the funniest TV show I have ever watched and USA, you ruined it. The American version is so, so bad its awful. The acting is frankly crap and all of the funny British humour has been lost in trying to Americanize it. 'Bus turds' - WTF?

Does anybody agree with me on this?

P.S: American people, this is nothing personal.

Aww man there  is a Inbetweeners USA version??? Booooooooooo

US Office is funny as hell. I don't know which TV show you're talking about but I think both British and American comedy is funny.

You'll never find anything like Anchorman in the UK just like you will never find anything like Monty Python in the US

The best is when Uk and US comedy join together, just look at Austin Powers 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I too have seen the american office and its terrible. haven't seen american inbetweeners yet but if they have replaced "bus w**kers" with "bus turds" i don't think i want to. (tip for americans, just watch the uk version)

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

its all the same company. Just another edge to grasp people to view more ads. ad-less is freedom.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I too have seen the american office and its terrible. haven't seen american inbetweeners yet but if they have replaced "bus w**kers" with "bus turds" i don't think i want to. (tip for americans, just watch the uk version)

I agree :). We do go over the top, but its funny as hell LOL.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

US Office is funny as hell. I don't know which TV show you're talking about but I think both British and American comedy is funny.

American comedy is funny, WHEN IT'S ORIGINAL. I just don't understand this appeal of the USA re-making UK TV programmes.

Another one: the I.T. Crowd - thank God the USA version never aired but the Pilot was leaked onto YouTube (and it's absolute rubbish).

That was okay I guess.

I'll let the Office off though, since the original wasn't that good in my opinion (I just don't find Ricky Gervais that funny!)

American comedy is funny, WHEN IT'S ORIGINAL. I just don't understand this appeal of the USA re-making UK TV programmes.

Another one: the I.T. Crowd - thank God the USA version never aired but the Pilot was leaked onto YouTube (and it's absolute rubbish).

Same with British comedy, a man dressed as a women is only funny when Monty Python do it. 

That was okay I guess.

I'll let the Office off though, since the original wasn't that good in my opinion (I just don't find Ricky Gervais that funny!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgh5sNoC4_w

Go to 2:10 

I have watched one episode of the american Top Gear. I will never watch another episode. The british Top Gear is allright, but the american version is awfull. 

Oh I can imagine.

Please, please BBC, don't let the USA re-make Doctor Who.

I live in the UK and I thought the Office USA was brilliant, The Inbetweeners USA? Not so much, they showed that in the UK and I couldn't even make it through the advert.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I prefer the US Office over the UK one. They ruined The Inbetweeners though, bus wankers.

It probably works both ways mate, also since I don't own these shows it doesn't bother me.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Oh I can imagine.

Please, please BBC, don't let the USA re-make Doctor Who.

SO true I SERIOUSLY want Doctor Who to be made by UK peeps D:

And just to add to the office thing... I didn't find either series funny the UK or the American one, so the American are allowed to nick that one ;)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

but I think both British and American comedy is funny.

You'll never find anything like Anchorman in the UK just like you will never find anything like Monty Python in the US

The best is when Uk and US comedy join together, just look at Austin Powers 

TRUE THAT :D

*sorry should have multi-quoted!

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

American The Office was great but US Top Gear and Inbetweeners are both awful!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

UK Top Gear is great, US Top Gear is absolute rubbish... I agree with OP

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

They've done a USA version of Skins, Inbetweeners, Top Gear, Queer as Folk and tons of others.

I don't get it. It's derogatory nonsense - make an original and entertaining show for people that's not limited by the rules and limitations that come with basing it on a pre-existent programme. It will result in much better quality entertainment and would doubtless be much more creatively satisfying for the cast and crew.

I'm not criticising the US though, this goes for any country that decides to do their own version of another country's show. A British version of NCIS would suck just as bad.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

They've done a USA version of Skins, Inbetweeners, Top Gear, Queer as Folk and tons of others.

I don't get it. It's derogatory nonsense - make an original and entertaining show for people that's not limited by the rules and limitations that come with basing it on a pre-existent programme. It will result in much better quality entertainment and would doubtless be much more creatively satisfying for the cast and crew.

I'm not criticising the US though, this goes for any country that decides to do their own version of another country's show. A British version of NCIS would suck just as bad.

haha it would, I like watching the us version. half way through season 10 !