[Build Log] Hex Gear R40 - MonoChromatico, Custom Hardline tubing + Titan X SLi [COMPLETED]

NoobCase
Finally got the loop completed. There was a couple of bends I couldn't get as tights as I wanted. Rad to GPU I actually ended up having to do in a straight line and it doesn't align completely, so very anxious to see if it will leak.

Also re-installed the PSU and started hooking up all the PSU cables, fan connectors etc.

After seeing the loop complete I must admit that it leaves the ram area quite visible.. so I've ordered 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinium 2400 ram.. Should fit very nicely in the color scheme.

I may do the GPU to CPU run as a straight line - was also a bend that is almost too narrow to do. You guys let me know if you think it will look better

43imjgU.jpg?1

CXSutoN.jpg

jKc5rE2.jpg

z6rca2D.jpg

FIlling and leak testing should happen tonight as well as installing the single Noctua NF-S12B 1200-PWM in the back that will act as an additional intake.

Looking great so far! Was that the black noctua or ugly brown? haha.

The Grey Redux actually as I just need silent airflow from that fan. :) As I use it as intake the back of the fan is visible and god damn Noctua... you make expensive premium fans - at least use black wires or sleve alle the way to the motor... I had to paint the wires... And did a pretty bad job, but noone is going to look close there... Don't think I took a picture of it..

Didn't get around to filling, leak testing nor bleeding the system - as I can't put the loop fully together before I install the new ram. which is going to be 2133 MHz instead as the 2400 sudden took a rather big price jump from one day to another.

I did however manage to get everything else installed. Still waiting on the last PCIe Dual cabel for the top GPU. Icemodz made a mistake on it, but great customer service so no problem - just have to wait a couple of days for that cable.

Had a 12 cm LED from BitFenix left from my old build, that I thought of putting on the back to light up the motherboard IO, but that would include drilling another hole in a spot I wasn't quite comfortable with, so I decided to mount it on the bottom - hopefully it will give the case a floating effect.

Cable management isn't all done yet, but getting there. Not the cleanest on the backside, but theres a plate with the case, that will cover most of it.

Also put in 2 white Darksidemods rigid LED strips - top and bottom, that isn't shown on the pictures.

Picture time:

nip3wx4.jpg

Ki1ro2z.jpg

SnSd5w0.jpg

B1celpJ.jpg

New ram arrived!! 

M1BblHO.jpg

VKJipOn.jpg

f3mAImc.jpg

1 installed

FcuWTX7.jpg

2 installed

9x7OM9L.jpg

3 installed

TjFIU0W.jpg

4!! installed

Rvyg9dw.jpg

HPsZhMg.jpg

And thus it was time to put together the loop again. Decided that the tube from CPU to GPU is going to be straight with no bends so I will be remaking that run soon hopefully.

Warning lotsa pics inc!

848BRaZ.jpg

ROwLHwX.jpg

VKkNTmp.jpg

qhsJaXi.jpg

zepiSzt.jpg

jqNpkUP.jpg

iT8nduw.jpg

wHsYgd6.jpg

OKULy3u.jpg

HcmxY3r.jpg

9RVvF3C.jpg

ldvOimh.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the cables coming out of the PSU look good/better? My initial thoughts is simply to bundle it all together in 1 big bundle with a couple of velcro zip ties that came with the PSU.

put both gpu's cables in between the gpu. i always think that looks sick.
just asuggestion anyways :) nice build! i really like how it is coming along 

put both gpu's cables in between the gpu. i always think that looks sick.

just asuggestion anyways :) nice build! i really like how it is coming along 

That might not be such a bad idea.. I'll see if I can make them fit - once I receive the last dual PCIe cable from Icemodz :)

Update time!

The loop is finally complete!

OuVnkn0.jpg?1

QPjP2Uj.jpg

Flushing the loop... and testing drain port... not working as well as I expected... I basically have to tilt and turn the case around to fill up the bottom rad several times to drain it... Majorly disappointed in that, but only got my self to blame i guess :)

xAWpuJL.jpg

and finally bleeding and leak testing the loop. Started late last night and 5 hours late when I got up still no leaks. Left it on and hope it is still dry when I get home.

o8w77go.jpg

Adn please forgive the cable management - it is not done yet and I will most like have the GPU PCI-e cable go above the card instead to make the 24-pin more visible as suggested by @heartofsin.

But now it's getting there... all that is left is receiving the last dual PCIe GPU cable, cable management, putting the last parts of the case together and installing windows 8.1 and update to 10. 

Done bleeding and leak testing of the loop. No leaks after some 32+ hours. I'd say that classifies as passed.

xoXEjXd.jpg

And had to see how the light at the bottom will look.

b5vLwq4.jpg

Still no second gpu power cable, but system is ready for OS installation nevertheless. So the next updates should include a couple of benchmarks at stock speeds.

And we have lift off!!!
wXk6vFL.jpg

Booted up first time no issues what so ever :)

System running in bios:
qOfJg0w.jpg

System running in Windows:
paSg4Nc.jpg

No big difference you say? Well look again and spot the damn error!! :(

The damn SLI bridge has red LEDs :( Thought it would only be the ROG Logo itself that I removed the red "paint" from earlier... And I'm not going to attempt a replacement :( I either live with it or come up with something clever... Anyone got any ideas? Pretty sure I can always turn it off in Nvidia LED visualizer

Stay tuned for more.

Hahaha that thing is so god damn red:D Sticks out like a sore thumb.

You also need to turn the SLI bridge around (Is that even possible?) for it to be perfect:D Otherwise I really like the looks of it.

Can you not just replace the red LED with a white one?

Hahaha that thing is so god damn red:D Sticks out like a sore thumb.

You also need to turn the SLI bridge around (Is that even possible?) for it to be perfect:D Otherwise I really like the looks of it.

Can you not just replace the red LED with a white one?

2 small LEDs soddered to the PCB and covered by a small acrylic piece that's clued on. Can't turn the bridge around unfortunately as the Noctua fan prevents it  :( I think I'll just turn of the LED using Nvidia LED Visualization thingy in Geforce experience. It doesn't turn on until it boots into windows so it should be possible.

Other than that the quick disconnect was actually leaking as it turns out, but seems to have just been because I didn't tighten it properly. So that should be fixed.

2 small LEDs soddered to the PCB and covered by a small acrylic piece that's clued on. Can't turn the bridge around unfortunately as the Noctua fan prevents it  :( I think I'll just turn of the LED using Nvidia LED Visualization thingy in Geforce experience. It doesn't turn on until it boots into windows so it should be possible.

Other than that the quick disconnect was actually leaking as it turns out, but seems to have just been because I didn't tighten it properly. So that should be fixed.

In case you cannot turn it off, or do not want to bother with software, it is as simple as taking the bridge apart, and taking the connector out of its socket. (once you open it, it will be obvious)

At least that is how it works on the bridge I have.

In case you cannot turn it off, or do not want to bother with software, it is as simple as taking the bridge apart, and taking the connector out of its socket. (once you open it, it will be obvious)

At least that is how it works on the bridge I have.

True :) When I bought it I actually considered modding the brigde to not show the logo... but Had no idea on how to do it. Case has plenty lights so won't make much difference if it's turned on or off :)

Time for some stock benchmarks! Althoug the panels are not on yet and the last Dual PCIe cable hasn't arrived yet Monochromatico is fully operational.... uh "SW: Return of the Jedi" reference...! :)

One of my cats decided to help benchmark and also took a moment to admire the new pc in the office... ;)

2wxFMiq.jpg

QxozxW4.jpg

AIDA64 Cache and Memory  (Just for kicks...)

pDAccuP.png

AIDA64 GPGPU

h7KwV5E.png

CineBench R15

oNytppY.png

RealBench 2.41

mlCFtDB.png

Fire Strike

wDvmzRH.png

Fire Strike Extreme

dS1lLQB.png

Fire Strike Ultra

AlGY2RS.png

Unigine Heaven

3os1EO2.png

gAdwYMO.png

Unigine Valley

AKJ370r.png

51tk5OJ.png

Temps was quite fine... Pump is running at it lowest setting and the fan profile for all fans are set for silence - set them to only ramp up from lowest possible RPM when CPU reaches 65. CPU managed a max of 76 in all benchmarks except the AIDA64 GPGPU benchmark where the hottest core hit 97!!!! Starting to consider delidding this one as well... Nah... When I had it in my previous system it would hit 4.7 at lower or same voltage as the motherboard throws at it at stock.. GPU wouldn't go above 56 during any benchmarks so quite OK with that.

Next up will be final pictures - hopefully sometime during this week. And final entries should be the overclocked benchmarks. hoping for somewhere between 10-15% gain.

Oh and I had a question... can Anyone explain to me why Valley and Heaven shows a boost clock of 1392 (in my case) when MSI Afterburner will show 1177? Afterburner must be the correct one as the card is advertised to hit 1075. 102 extra is pretty decent. 

And it's done! Last Dual PCIe cable arrived yesterday :) Also got my hands on a second Samsung EVO 840 250 GB SSD. Going to order a third white SATA cable and will most likely do a raid 0 with the 2 250 GB SSDs and clone the system drive there and then use the 500 GB one for storage / Games.

gvVeiht.jpg

rBlJkG3.jpg

A4gflZD.jpg

yAOUsxC.jpg

hEVXSuI.jpg

j6CgITF.jpg

pOUoafr.jpg

275do0T.jpg

yqEZnSD.jpg

Still not completely done overclocking yet. Almost done with dialing in my GPU overclocks and haven't begun on the CPU yet. I'll most likely go for a fairly conservative CPU OC with more emphasis on keeping the voltage fairly low than pushing for the most the CPU will do.

That looks brilliant!

Does the cable cover plate fit? What fluid are you using? It looks to be pastel white, but it also looks a bit thin.

Yer the cover plate fits fine :) Just forgot to take a picture of it on :( 

Using the EKWB Pastel white and yes it looks a bit thin.. Think I may buy more to thicken it. In all fairness it even when mixed correctly it seems a bit thin. I guestimated the mix this time around as I had some clear water in the loop that I couldn't get out without taking the loop apart.

Ahh yeah, I think you put to much water in then. Because it looks way to thin:D 

It looks like man milk.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

bottle already in the mail. :)

Awesome complete build! Even the back looks amazing. Great work!

thank  you! :)

It looks like man milk.

disgusting... you just had to go there? :)