Dota 2 vs League of Legends

Radiant_

Neither. But really LOL is shit.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Neither. But really LOL is shit.

More people think other way.

Preffer League.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Dota 2. Mostly because of their balancing philosophy, and the company behind the game.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I think LOL takes a little less skill as DOTA 2 since no creep denying, champion denying, no tower denying and some other things :)

From my opinion LOL is take more like to be fun, and DOTA 2 is taken more seriously. I personaly prefer LOL :)

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

Hmmm, I also prefer league but I don't think Dota is more difficult. it might seem more difficult but once u get past the ugly animation you find urself in a game that is basicly exactly like LOL. This my opinion...

i've only played LoL and from what i can tell they look exactly the same, like the map is the same 3 fork road

Even though DOTA 2 is more complex in terms of overall game mechanics. LoL seems to have a significant larger community. I have no preference.

Uncomfortable bowel movements.

I'd say LoL in all seriousness. Dota 2's UI takes up like 95% of the screen and it's rather annoying.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

CSGO ez

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Prefer League. Dota 2 seems kind of unfinished like something is missing and the sound design is terrible in Dota 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I'm moving away from LoL because they keep bastardizing their characters and artwork.

They keep deleting characters and replacing them with new ones and calling them an upgrade.

They keep on replacing artwork and the new artwork style is horrid.

They replaced the standard map with a new style that's nothing like the previous one.

Riot is full of shit and doesn't know what the community wants or needs, they keep making money making developments instead of fixing shit. Every update is being released with more and more bugs.

Plus they shift the meta wildly without thinking before hand and have a clusterfuck of crap to fix and rebalance, and they keep making the game harder and harder to learn.

Their ranked system is really bad and gets plagued with trolls because of it.

LoL is not the game it once was.

Yet Dota2 has maintained it's art, its style, its characters, and they're updating the client. They listen to player feedback. They balance the game a lot better.

Dota2 is the same Dota2 it always has been and Valve doesn't need to drastically update or fix things because they do it right from the start.

I used to play so much LoL, but now I'm moving to Dota2 because valve actually gives a shit.

Riot doesn't

I've broken more keyboards playing league of legends if that means anything

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

More people think other way.

Preffer League.

More people prefer COD over anything else.

That doens't mean COD is the best.

Infact, far from it.

More people prefer COD over anything else.

That doens't mean COD is the best.

Infact, far from it.

I see. That makes perfect sense why last poll about COD was like this.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355548-will-you-be-getting-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-on-pc/

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

I dont play League and barely even played Dota 2, but since Dota 2 has a smaller community (although still massive) ill probably get into Dota 2

LOL because I fit in right with the community.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Dota 2 by far. More agressive, less farming (in general), teamfights are longer, the jungle is better, heroes mechanics are far, far better than LoL (in general you can resume all LoL heroes by: 3 agressive skills, one AoE with soft/hard CC, one escape), the laning has a better dynamic with denying. CSing in Dota is harder than in LoL.

Just check out the finals of Dota 2 TI. It was really amazing.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I'm moving away from LoL because they keep bastardizing their characters and artwork.

They keep deleting characters and replacing them with new ones and calling them an upgrade.

They keep on replacing artwork and the new artwork style is horrid.

They replaced the standard map with a new style that's nothing like the previous one.

Riot is full of shit and doesn't know what the community wants or needs, they keep making money making developments instead of fixing shit. Every update is being released with more and more bugs.

Plus they shift the meta wildly without thinking before hand and have a clusterfuck of crap to fix and rebalance, and they keep making the game harder and harder to learn.

Their ranked system is really bad and gets plagued with trolls because of it.

LoL is not the game it once was.

Yet Dota2 has maintained it's art, its style, its characters, and they're updating the client. They listen to player feedback. They balance the game a lot better.

Dota2 is the same Dota2 it always has been and Valve doesn't need to drastically update or fix things because they do it right from the start.

I used to play so much LoL, but now I'm moving to Dota2 because valve actually gives a shit.

Riot doesn't

This

Ive played lol for 3 years non stop. At first the game was helluva fun...but after like 1.5 year riot started to make shitty decisions that were only directed towards pro players and lcs, but never listened to playerbase... and then everything changed... games lost its fun part..another thing was community - it felt like you played with psychopaths - flames, rages, ragequits, reports, cancers, f*ck your moms... it turned into hell so I just switched to Dota2 - a bit less of toxicity, more balanced champs. Thats my two cents

hey people, i used to play league of legends for about 4 years (from beta, somewhere in the mid of 2009 until summer of 2013 if i'm not wrong). It was fun to play, i even spent tons of money (like ~1k euros) on skins and stuff and i really enjoyed it

From that point though, Riot started doing soooo much bullshit with the gameplay. The major vision update was a disaster for me and that's when i quit playing LoL.

The community is so bad actually. I was a good guy all the time, i never ever flamed or ragequit or anything and i always met trolls and psychopaths etc

on the other hand, dota has a WAY better gameplay than LoL

its actually really good, needs more teamwork and time/effort to master

of course there are people that ruin the game there too, the cancerous cells of dota2 community, people who quit playing after losing 1 fight spamming "GG" on chat or angry russians flaming cause they are playing pudge or riki and you stole one kill from them (while you're playing as a carry) lol

anyway, after having a lot of experience with both games (~5k matches in LoL and ~1k hours of dota2) i'd say atm DotA 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LoL for maaaaaaany reasons 

Dota 2. Mostly because of their balancing philosophy, and the company behind the game.

You and several of my friends like Dota 2. I will have to try it. The LoL community is not friendly.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.