PCI slot deadarino?

I woke up this morning to find my monitors would show no images, nothing- nada. So I took my gpu out and put my monitor cable into my mobo and i got into windows fine. So i tired a different PCI slot with my gpu and it worked! So is my first pci slot now dead? or is something funky going on? I have a gtx 560 (waiting for my damn 980ti to come in mail) and an Asus p8 z77 v PRO mobo. i've had this motherboard for a few years now and zero problems up until this morning

You know shit doesn't break over night :D Perhaps some setting where done before you shutdown the pc last night.Try to reset the cmos and if that doesn't work next time you reinstall the windows try to put the gpu in first slot.Drivers could cause problems too

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

You know shit doesn't break over night :D Perhaps some setting where done before you shutdown the pc last night.Try to reset the cmos and if that doesn't work next time you reinstall the windows try to put the gpu in first slot.Drivers could cause problems too

knowing my luck, it does kek. But I only remember playing a few games and watching streams and then shutting down and going to bed. No idea how to clear cmos. I'm sure you'll explain it to me before I google it (^: 

knowing my luck, it does kek. But I only remember playing a few games and watching streams and then shutting down and going to bed. No idea how to clear cmos. I'm sure you'll explain it to me before I google it (^: 

Easiest way to reset is searching for a button battery on your motherboard, taking that out and pull out the power cord, wait a couple of seconds, put the cord back in the psu and try to boot, it will complain, but that's normal, try the second slot first, if it works, switch to the first slot.

If it works, or it doesn't, you can put the battery back, of course only do it when the pc is off.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Easiest way to reset is searching for a button battery on your motherboard, taking that out and pull out the power cord, wait a couple of seconds, put the cord back in the psu and try to boot, it will complain, but that's normal, try the second slot first, if it works, switch to the first slot.

If it works, or it doesn't, you can put the battery back, of course only do it when the pc is off.

you power off, turn psu off, unplug then take out the cmos battery for 5-10 seconds put it back in power on to test. The cmos battery looks like a watch battery

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

you power off, turn psu off, unplug then take out the cmos battery for 5-10 seconds put it back in power on to test. The cmos battery looks like a watch battery

Thank you! I'll try that tomorrow morning (^:

Hey I found this while I was looking through some stuff, could it be the reason my pci slot doesn't work? (I also haven't done the cmos thing yet as i'm lazy and been tight on time)

http://i.imgur.com/ADNOLlM.png

Hey I found this while I was looking through some stuff, could it be the reason my pci slot doesn't work? (I also haven't done the cmos thing yet as i'm lazy and been tight on time)

http://i.imgur.com/ADNOLlM.png

I don't have that

http://prntscr.com/84msgc

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA