Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Packet loss in CSGO

fuser22

it just started 2 days ago and i get randomly 2-10% packet loss. but it only appears to happend when there's action going on. i thought it was valve servers but i have tried. faceit, ESEA and my own server and it happens to all of them. so it must be on my end xD. but on pingtest.net i have no packet loss and my internet provider says there's nothing wrong.  i have tried disconnecting teh router for hours and it still happens. I havent check any other game but it only seems to happend in CSGO. what can be the cause of this? :S

i5-6600k @4.1ghz | asus maximus VIII HERO | 16GB corsair veangence | Noctua NH-D15S | GTX970 g1 gaming | 2x 240gb hyperx SSD | 1TB WD | Define R5 

the cause of it can be, signal loss on ur wall plug, bad cable

wireless channel if ur on wireless

networkcard drivers ( somtimes its better to use windows regular drivers )

if it really is only in csgo, open the ports for csgo

(◑‿◐)

It's a common hardware issue when you have somewhat older components in your system. Most probably old VRAM that's not responsive enough.

I have the same on my laptop with quadro card (not known for it's gaming strength)

the cause of it can be, signal loss on ur wall plug, bad cable

wireless channel if ur on wireless

networkcard drivers ( somtimes its better to use windows regular drivers )

if it really is only in csgo, open the ports for csgo

It's not internet m8.

It's a common hardware issue when you have somewhat older components in your system. Most probably old VRAM that's not responsive enough.

I have the same on my laptop with quadro card (not known for it's gaming strength)

Why would packet loss be caused by VRAM?

Do you know what packet loss is?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's not internet m8.

packetloss is not caused by vram infact do u even know what packet loss means?

Packet loss occurs when one or more packets of data travelling across a computer network fail to reach their destination

, aswell csgo is one of the games that uses the least vram of all

oh and fuser if ur having packet loss even on ur own server its 100% guaranteed to be ur net

(◑‿◐)

I just called the ISP of mine and they're telling me that its either the recieving server or my hardware. but my hardware? I just reinstalled windows like 4 hours ago and i have installed every driver i know. and i have had this problem for some time now. and i am not able to open up any ports since its my neighbor who's the provider to me. if its my hardware then what is it?

i5-6600k @4.1ghz | asus maximus VIII HERO | 16GB corsair veangence | Noctua NH-D15S | GTX970 g1 gaming | 2x 240gb hyperx SSD | 1TB WD | Define R5 

packetloss is not caused by vram infact do u even know what packet loss means?

Packet loss occurs when one or more packets of data travelling across a computer network fail to reach their destination

, aswell csgo is one of the games that uses the least vram of all

oh and fuser if ur having packet loss even on ur own server its 100% guaranteed to be ur net

The server that is mine is the like. online counter strike server i brought.

I just called the ISP of mine and they're telling me that its either the recieving server or my hardware. but my hardware? I just reinstalled windows like 4 hours ago and i have installed every driver i know. and i have had this problem for some time now. and i am not able to open up any ports since its my neighbor who's the provider to me. if its my hardware then what is it?

usually an isp would say that and mask their issues... my isp tried the same on me but i continuously told them in every little detail where the problems lie and then they got som1 else on the phone for me who knew his shit... they sent in a maintenance guy to replace my wall plug and problems were solved

im not saying it is the wallplug 100%

but if it would be hardware related in ur case it would most likely be the networkcard settings or driver related of the networkcard ofc ( installing a driver isnt always the best thing to do on a networkcard btw )

what u can try to fix it is change flow control/interrupt moderation settings

try different values on receive buffers aswell as set speed and duplex manually

other then that there is not much u can do about it other than letting a maintenance guy coming to check ur signals of the modem/wallplug ect ( in my case it was signal related when i had my packet loss problems ... had it all fine without packet loss and then huge bursts of packetloss )

(◑‿◐)

The server that is mine is the like. online counter strike server i brought.

in that case u might wanna try hosting a server in any game and get ur friend with a stable internet to play on it to see if that causes packet loss aswell, if that is all buttersmooth with no packetloss at all then i highly doubt its ur internet and its a problem with ports/csgo

id recommend hosting a cod4 server so u can enable lagometer to check on packetloss ( ur friend could see it aswell )

the problem is... to host a server ur going to have to open ports

(◑‿◐)

Open up console, what's your cl_updaterate and rate set at for CS:GO? Also, some servers limit a command called sv_maxrate, which can cause packet loss, but I know valve servers don't do this.

Trying setting rate to like 100,000 as part of your diagnosis, rate is basically how fast you can download data from the server, if the server is sending out a greater amount of data compared to the value of rate, you'll drop packets.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

im gonna try that and see how it works it. i wont be home till tonight tho. so i cant see before that.