Is companies targetting you with facial recognition... dont worry buy these glasses

jos

We might soon be living in a world where advertisers exploit facial recognition technology to target us with customized ads in streets according to the researchers at Japan’s National Institute of Informatics (NII).But a new “privacy visor” created by NII researchers could help wearers protect their anonymity by blocking out any pesky facial recognition systems. The glasses will hit shelves in Japan in 2016, and are expected to cost around ¥30,000 ($240).

the researchers are attaching a novel material (they don’t mention what exactly it is) to the visors. The material confuses facial recognition systems by absorbing and reflecting light. In a nutshell, it prevents facial recognition systems from focusing on your facial features.

There are other approches too. like ir blasting off or completely covering your face.. But this cool just a coating on the glass and all set...

tumblr_ma3cq7LvNj1qg4blro1_1280.jpg

Source: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/glasses-that-confuse-facial-recognition-systems-are-coming-to-japan

There are other approches too. like ir blasting off or completely covering your face.. But this cool just a coating on the glass and all set...

Old news, AVG did it in march, we even have a thread about it :D

Amazing they have made an actually saleable product out of it WTF

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/325036-avg-develops-glasses-that-can-protect-the-wearers-identity-from-facial-recognition-software/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Old news, AVG did it in march, we even have a thread about it :D

Amazing they have made an actually saleable product out of it WTF

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/325036-avg-develops-glasses-that-can-protect-the-wearers-identity-from-facial-recognition-software/

There is a huge difference.. It requires IR /blasting from glasses..So need battery too.. This is just a coating on glasses

Came in expecting these:

-snip

That would honestly be a more fun solution.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wonder what ad plays if you walk by wearing this

3_halloweenmaskoem_2810_20130413082619.j

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I wonder what ad plays if you walk by wearing this

3_halloweenmaskoem_2810_20130413082619.j

Hello, are you a internet hacker? Then come to the police station, drunk for a party, just say "I'm here for the internet hacker party"

Hello, are you a internet hacker? Then come to the police station, drunk for a party, just say "I'm here for the internet hacker party"

Lol: "Hey nice mask you got there! Did you know the inside is made from 40% asbestos? You might want to take the mask off and let our cameras scan your face for asbetos contamination, just to be safe!"

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

This is just like mass effect....."Shepard, I see that you recently died....Isn't this just the time for a massage?"

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.