[Windows 10] Search not finding options from "Settings"-App

Hi guys,

I've got a pretty specific problem.

After I upgraded to Windows 10 I dialed in my settings like I want them to be, this includes also removing some folders from Indexing for the search (btw, I did this on all my pcs and notebooks, and only on my main system this problem occured).

The first day worked fine, but since after when I search for options from the settings-app they won't show up, neither in start menu search nor in settings-app search itself, only settings from the old control panel appear.

I can acces those options in the settings-app, but I dont want to have to click through those menus all the time, I just want to search for what I need and get to open it.

What I tried thus far:

- sfc /scannow

- troubleshooting for Indexing, which comes up with incorrect permissions for the search folder what I cant seem to be able to fix

- rebuilding index

- reregistering the settings-app

- creating a new user in hope for recreating the search

It is almost impossible to search for this specific problem, so I hope someone can help me with this one, since the last thing I want to do now, is reinstalling windows because of a faulty index.

Hi guys,

I've got a pretty specific problem.

After I upgraded to Windows 10 I dialed in my settings like I want them to be, this includes also removing some folders from Indexing for the search (btw, I did this on all my pcs and notebooks, and only on my main system this problem occured).

The first day worked fine, but since after when I search for options from the settings-app they won't show up, neither in start menu search nor in settings-app search itself, only settings from the old control panel appear.

I can acces those options in the settings-app, but I dont want to have to click through those menus all the time, I just want to search for what I need and get to open it.

What I tried thus far:

- sfc /scannow

- troubleshooting for Indexing, which comes up with incorrect permissions for the search folder what I cant seem to be able to fix

- rebuilding index

- reregistering the settings-app

- creating a new user in hope for recreating the search

It is almost impossible to search for this specific problem, so I hope someone can help me with this one, since the last thing I want to do now, is reinstalling windows because of a faulty index.

Not sure if this is the same problem as I was having, but this post might help fix it... If it doesn't, sorry  :P !

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.