Eizo Introduces 1440p IPS 144Hz Free-Sync

Tim Drake

Source

With the announcement of the FORIS FS2735, EIZO is unveiling two new additions to its G-Ignition software solutions: G-Ignition Mobile and G-Ignition Drive. G-Ignition Mobile is an iOS- and Android-compatible application that works with Bluetooth Smart technology built into the FORIS FS2735. For the first time, gamers can use their smartphones to adjust the monitor's brightness color, preset modes, and other settings when the FORIS FS2735 is connected to any platform be it Windows, Macintosh, or a console.

One DisplayPort, two HDMI, and one DVI-D input provide connectivity with PCs, consoles, Blu-ray players and cameras. A USB 3.0 hub with one upstream and two downstream ports lets users connect to USB 3.0-compliant storage devices. A line-out jack for connecting to external speakers and a headphone jack provide further functionality.

Additional Features
Flicker-free viewing at all brightness levels
Reduced blue light with Paper mode so documents can be read more comfortably.
Auto EcoView brightness sensor that reads the ambient lighting and adjusts the screen's brightness to the ideal level
Five-year manufacturer's limited warranty

Availability
The FORIS FS2735 will begin shipping this winter

eizo_fs2735_1.jpg

eizo_fs2735.jpg 

Am I right in saying this is the first?

oooh

I wish I could afford to get a new monitor and GPUs so I can run 1440p 144hz instead of my 60hz panel, feels like a bit of a waste of money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Holy crap Eizo is still in business?

They have been sponsoring a few CS teams and tournaments for years, including majors. More so when they developed the 240hz monitor. That, isn't really 240hz. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Finally :o

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Aren't there like 3 of these with the same(ish) specs already "coming soon"?

HOW MUCH DO THESE COST!!

I can tell u right now the ezio display will be unmatched, hopefully its under $1k AUD like the other two: http://computers.scorptec.com.au/search#w=foris

Yes, yes! But since it is EIZO this one wont be cheap at all.

I was worried about the stand since on the picture it looks exactly like on mine Foris FS2333 but in video I could definitely see improvements. I like the thing with notifications directly implemented into monitor and connected to smart phone.

They have been sponsoring a few CS teams and tournaments for years, including majors. More so when they developed the 240hz monitor. That, isn't really 240hz. 

So its a 1440p ips 72Hz free sync screen?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So its a 1440p ips 72Hz free sync screen?

No, it is IPS 1440p 144Hz screen. That 240Hz was not real 240Hz but it was the thing they often do with TVs. Every other frame is black or the same. It will increase smoothness a bit but it is not like if you had really 240Hz.

Will FreeSync operate all the way up to 144Hz? 

There's no mention of it...

Will FreeSync operate all the way up to 144Hz? 

There's no mention of it...

It may not, the other available IPS 144Hz 1440p freesync monitor is limited to a freesync range of 35Hz to 90Hz, the MG279Q. But we may be surprised, guess we just need to wait and see for more info, they haven't said yet.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

If the freesync refresh window is good, we might have a winner

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Given that this is Eizo, I have full confidence in a freesync range of 1 or 2 hz to 120 or the full 144.  But lord this will be expensive ;-;

Given that this is Eizo, I have full confidence in a freesync range of 1 or 2 hz to 120 or the full 144.  But lord this will be expensive ;-;

LCD cannot go below 30-35hz.

I hope AMD will implement a solution like Gsync, where it multiplies the fps, when it hits the lower limitation of the panel. Such a thing should be very doable on the graphics card, as it only needs 1 image vram buffer. The monitor should not even know the difference anyways, so it should not be a problem compatibility wise.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I've heard bad things about EIZO. Probably untrue but I'll stick to either Dell's Ultrasharp or Asus monitors.

I've heard bad things about EIZO. Probably untrue but I'll stick to either Dell's Ultrasharp or Asus monitors.

Bad things?  :o  As in like quality? They are pretty well known for producing high end, high quality displays with professional grade features. 

Although the one downside that is also pretty well known is the high price tag that normally comes along with it  :unsure:

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Bad things?  :o  As in like quality? They are pretty well known for producing high end, high quality displays with professional grade features. 

Although the one downside that is also pretty well known is the high price tag that normally comes along with it  :unsure:

I've heard bad experiences with pro players at events. Some pro players were sponsored by BenQ so their opinion is skewed but others had no monitor sponsor at all and didn't like using them. 

oooh

I wish I could afford to get a new monitor and GPUs so I can run 1440p 144hz instead of my 60hz panel, feels like a bit of a waste of money

Oh, its worth it. Worth every penny Nickel.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Oh, its worth it. Worth every penny Nickel.

so are other things :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

so are other things :D

very true  :)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Stop making monitors with ugly looking bazel, please. It hurts my feelings.