low fps bf4 with windows 10. Good fps with windows 8.1.

jurian123

Hey, 

So look at the title. 

My system:

look below 

Windows 10 pro upgrade 

Latest nvidia drivers : 353.62

Completely deleted my nvidia drivers ones so that isnt the problem. 

Unparked all my cpu cores (before that it was even worse)

CPU is around 70-99% usage differentiates a lot. 

GPU 0 is around 70%

GPU 1 is around 20%

I dunno anymere and ea support i dont wanna contact cuz that answer will be "have you tried to restart your computer or uninstall and reinstall the game" EA PLS

Thanks in advance!

Jurian  

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Maybe windows 10 has a lot of background processes running? But I don't think that your 4670K would bottleneck.

Maybe it's thermally throttling (holding back performance bc of high temps around 72 celcius).

Maybe windows 10 has a lot of background processes running? But I don't think that your 4670K would bottleneck.

Maybe it's thermally throttling (holding back performance bc of high temps around 72 celcius).

Not the case. :( 

Temps are 50 for the cpu and 70 for the gpu. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Not the case. :(

Temps are 50 for the cpu and 70 for the gpu. 

You might want to run other games for comparison, just to see if the performance drops in those games too.

You might want to run other games for comparison, just to see if the performance drops in those games too.

ive also seen less fps in other games, but i see them to much in bf4. 

I think a downgrade to w8.1 would be the easiest fix. Just wait a couple of months until w10 gets fully supported by every driver and company.

Did you do a clean install? I highly recommend a clean install because some of the stuff that carry over from 8 might cause some slowdowns in 10

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

I also recommend a clean install. Happened to me too. Backed everything up to an external HDD and put a clean windows 10 on my computer. Runs a bit better than it did on W8.1 now