80 PLUS Efficiency and What It Really Means

You seem to forget the fact that your CPU and GPU are not the only things with a tdp ratting it also has to account for your other components and the power draw of your fans.

Yes, and fans and hard drives use very little power. I'm just saying it's not really accurate. It also varies with different hardware.

In general I can say it's a good idea to get a PSU with more wattage than listed by PCPP but you shouldn't use it as the be-all and end-all of wattage calculation.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Praise the lord ! At this rate there will be no more threads asking for what PSU to choose ! 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Praise the lord ! At this rate there will be no more threads asking for what PSU to choose ! 

You know that will never happen...

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

:P

Anything you'd like to add though?

The thing about Haswell Compatiblity and group regulation and whatnot that I said I'd include in mine

Your threads seem to be a lot more popular anyways <_<

"Rawr XD"

The thing about Haswell Compatiblity and group regulation and whatnot that I said I'd include in mine

I put this up in a hurry cuz I saw two people in one day say that you get better build quality in an 80+ Gold than in something lower so I got fed up and just made it. I might ask a mod if I can give you access to it to edit it though I'm not sure if that's possible.

For now just type up what you want me to add and I'll put it in there.

K, I asked a mod and they said that couldn't be done so yeah, just type what you need in a reply :)

If you made a similar thread I have no doubt that it would be a high quality post which I would 100% reccomend.

Thank you for this.

So many uneducated people here.

Too many to answer each individually

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thank you for this.

So many uneducated people here.

Too many to answer each individually

You are welcome. And hey, it got pinned! 

@colonel_mortis, thank you very much!

I have a question. If i have EVGA G2 850W power supply with 80 plus Gold, how much watts do i get from 100% load? 

I have a question. If i have EVGA G2 850W power supply with 80 plus Gold, how much watts do i get from 100% load? 

You are using around 850W? Or do you mean from the wall? The math is on the main page. A lot of people think that you're only getting the rated wattage from your PSU in a percentage of the 80+ rating - IE, a lot of people think an 80% efficient PSU of 500W means that you're only able to draw 400W from it. Incorrect. You are able to draw 500 but you're drawing more from the wall.

So. Math.

850 /.87 = Amount drawn from wall (977 watts)

You are using around 850W? Or do you mean from the wall? The math is on the main page. A lot of people think that you're only getting the rated wattage from your PSU in a percentage of the 80+ rating - IE, a lot of people think an 80% efficient PSU of 500W means that you're only able to draw 400W from it. Incorrect. You are able to draw 500 but you're drawing more from the wall.

So. Math.

850 /.87 = Amount drawn from wall (977 watts)

Ooooooh, so i did my math wrong then. What i did earlier ago is 554 watts(total power consumption with two GTX 970)/.87(gold) = 663 watts LOL.

I remember I made a thread like this on pcpartpicker years ago and well I got hate messages of people who don't know what quality is... Just because it's a name brand doesn't mean it's good...

Ooooooh, so i did my math wrong then. What i did earlier ago is 554 watts(total power consumption with two GTX 970)/.87(gold) = 663 watts LOL.

Eh you're probably not getting quite 554W with two 970s unless they are hyper overclocked. Still you should be good on a 650W PSU with two 970s.

I remember I made a thread like this on pcpartpicker years ago and well I got hate messages of people who don't know what quality is... Just because it's a name brand doesn't mean it's good...

Don't even get me started on how stupid people on PCPP are... please don't get me started...

Eh you're probably not getting quite 554W with two 970s unless they are hyper overclocked. Still you should be good on a 650W PSU with two 970s.

Well, i think 850W power supply should last me a while or more  :) , because i'm planning to go with water cooling setup on next build so............

Don't even get me started on how stupid people on PCPP are... please don't get me started...

Was gonna link a recent build but nvm....

80+ psu on an i5+970 and water cooled :D

Well, i think 850W power supply should last me a while or more  :) , because i'm planning to go with water cooling setup on next build so............

You'll still be good on a 750W PSU even if you watercool :)

Was gonna link a recent build but nvm....

80+ psu on an i5+970 and water cooled :D

Ewwwwww was it at least a Delta 80+ rated Server PSU? xD

You'll still be good on a 750W PSU even if you watercool :)

I still don't know how much is going to consume on my next build, but i hope my 850W is sufficient for it.