Philips 234E5QDAB screen

Unicus

I just purchased three Philips 23'' screens (234E5QDAB), and when I turned them on, I got a warning:

"Use of fixed patterns or static images for more than 30 minutes may result in image burn in!"

Since I have three of them, I don't always use them all.

For instance, I have a browser open on one, and playing on the other (for more than 30 minutes).

I never even heard of this before today, and I feel this should have been advertised as well.

I am reading that this is no longer an issue with newer screens (and that was back in 2011!!!).

Should I be concerned? Should I return them ASAP?

post-106949-0-89225900-1438680780_thumb.

I just purchased three Philips 23'' screens (234E5QDAB), and when I turned them on, I got a warning:

"Use of fixed patterns or static images for more than 30 minutes may result in image burn in!"

Since I have three of them, I don't always use them all.

For instance, I have a browser open on one, and playing on the other (for more than 30 minutes).

I never even heard of this before today, and I feel this should have been advertised as well.

I am reading that this is no longer an issue with newer screens (and that was back in 2011!!!).

Should I be concerned? Should I return them ASAP?

It depends on when the screens were manufactured.

If they are after 2011, you should be fine as the warning is still included with some monitors as primarily just a safety warning, usually to comply with certain regulations. (EU safety regulations for example.)

If the screens were manufactured before 2011, I would advise taking them back if you feel they are that much of a concern.

The posts I was watching weren't about this specific screen.

This is the screen in question:

http://www.ebuyer.com/612273-philips-234e5qdab-00-23-full-hd-led-monitor-234e5qdab-00

So you saying that it's just there to comply with regulations, and I shouldn't be worried?

They are not even covered by the warranty, according to the manual.

The posts I was watching weren't about this specific screen.

This is the screen in question:

http://www.ebuyer.com/612273-philips-234e5qdab-00-23-full-hd-led-monitor-234e5qdab-00

So you saying that it's just there to comply with regulations, and I shouldn't be worried?

Yeah, it's fine.

That particular monitor was released in September 2013 so I highly doubt that you should be worried about screen burn in with that monitor.

It's just a safety warning that Philips likes to put on their products to inform customers about how to take care of your products and what not whilst trying to comply with safety regulations for certain regions that the monitor is sold in.

Yeah, I guess if this was real, I would've been reading reviews about people having burn in issues with this screen, but as I said, I never even heard of this symptom before, and this message scared the shit out of me...

Thanks!