Call of Duty World at War Cannot Create a Profile

Go to solution Solved by nikolaizombie1,

I solved the problem, i had to uninstall the game, then go to the local folder, find activision folder and delete it then go to the registry go to local machine\software\wow6432node then delete the activision folder. after deleting all that i reinstalled the game from the disk (this might work for steam user's but i'm not sure) after i patched it it worked flawlessly.

Edit: always run it on windows 7 comparability mode if your on windows 10( this is when the error occurred) and you change it to run on vista sp2 or windows 10 the issue will happen again and you have to repeat the process again

After my recent upgrade to windows 10 has been running almost flawlessly i stumbled upon a issue my cod waw save's were corrupted. Ok i can live with that but the kicker is is that i can create a save or profile. It tell's me create one so i put my name and press ok but keeps looping the same message that i need to create a profile and put my username. I've tried everything from disabling my firewall, trying to manually create a profile by creating a active.txt folder and puting my name in it, create a folder with my name on it, deleting registry keys and as a last resort uninstalling the game. I'm out of ideas, you got anything that i can try?

After my recent upgrade to windows 10 has been running almost flawlessly i stumbled upon a issue my cod waw save's were corrupted. Ok i can live with that but the kicker is is that i can create a save or profile. It tell's me create one so i put my name and press ok but keeps looping the same message that i need to create a profile and put my username. I've tried everything from disabling my firewall, trying to manually create a profile by creating a active.txt folder and puting my name in it, create a folder with my name on it, deleting registry keys and as a last resort uninstalling the game. I'm out of ideas, you got anything that i can try?

the servers aren't online anymore for like several years already

the servers aren't online anymore for like several years already

they worked until recently for me

oh wow, I can remember that I have already tried that 3 years ago and didn't worked

Just skip that process and join some custom servers. 

Here is one of many sites with server ip's for waw: https://www.gametracker.com/search/codww/

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

i mean i cannot create a profile to enter server's

If I am not mistaken you can just skip that and enter a name in the settings. After that go to join a server and type a server adress from that site in

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

If I am not mistaken you can just skip that and enter a name in the settings. After that go to join a server and type a server adress from that site in

I think that only works for cracked servers

I solved the problem, i had to uninstall the game, then go to the local folder, find activision folder and delete it then go to the registry go to local machine\software\wow6432node then delete the activision folder. after deleting all that i reinstalled the game from the disk (this might work for steam user's but i'm not sure) after i patched it it worked flawlessly.

Edit: always run it on windows 7 comparability mode if your on windows 10( this is when the error occurred) and you change it to run on vista sp2 or windows 10 the issue will happen again and you have to repeat the process again

• 5 years later...
On 8/3/2015 at 6:44 PM, nikolaizombie1 said:

how do i reinstall it from the disk?