Toronto Police Shooting(sammy Yatmin)

Tocsin_786

so watch this video first

how were your thoughts on this situation. the 18 year old kid was holding a knife(dont know the exact reasons) but no one except for himself was in danger(no civilians on the tram) did he really need to get shot atleast 7-8 times point blank range? any thoughts

Note: he also got tazered while he was bleeding to death you will hear the tazer in the video

PS:PLEASE DONT DISCRIMINATE OTHERS THIS IS A PEACEFUL DISCUSSION

My thoughts: even though he was endangering someone there was no need to shoot him because that is a last resort for a police officer. other than that there were several other cops and no civilians(except for the guy filming). but why did the cop have to shoot him to get the knife out of his hand as there are more better ways to do so. he got shot 3 times till he fell. then the cop shot him several more times. i don't get why shoot him the second time let alone shoot him at all. and i also watched the news media cover the story. why do they always have to bring race and origin into every news story that's why i just posted the video and not a news story.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

were not all like that  :P

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

They shot him 9 times, then tazered him. I get he had a knife, but come the hell on. He was at least 10 feet from the police officers.

... What the actual fuck?

Edit: You can hear the Tazer start at 1:28. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

They murdered that kid.  What happened to you Canada?

What the hell happened to you Canada? I thought you were peaceful...

Judging an entire country based upon the action of a single individual is pretty silly honestly.

You think America is the only place with uncalled for police shootings? And even then, death by police suicide is a real thing. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Judging an entire country based upon the action of a single individual is pretty silly honestly.

You think America is the only place with uncalled for police shootings? And even then, death by police suicide is a real thing. 

Have you heard about reputation?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I counted 10 shots fired

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

look if he ran towards the cops i would understand

but this is just brutal

at least shoot the kid in the leg or something if u really wanted to shoot him

maybe the cops just wanted that guy off the streets for good

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

so watch this video first

how were your thoughts on this situation. the 18 year old kid was holding a knife(dont know the exact reasons) but no one except for himself was in danger(no civilians on the tram) did he really need to get shot atleast 7-8 times point blank range? any thoughts

Note: he also got tazered while he was bleeding to death you will hear the tazer in the video

PS:PLEASE DONT DISCRIMINATE OTHERS THIS IS A PEACEFUL DISCUSSION

My thoughts: even though he was endangering someone there was no need to shoot him because that is a last resort for a police officer. other than that there were several other cops and no civilians(except for the guy filming). but why did the cop have to shoot him to get the knife out of his hand as there are more better ways to do so. he got shot 3 times till he fell. then the cop shot him several more times. i don't get why shoot him the second time let alone shoot him at all. and i also watched the news media cover the story. why do they always have to bring race and origin into every news story that's why i just posted the video and not a news story.

the taser would have disarmed him

i also cannot immagine what his parents are going through the cops fucked up this time

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

the taser would have disarmed him

i also cannot immagine what his parents are going through the cops fucked up this time

9 shots THEN a tazer? ... Wrong order of operations. :|

And yeah, they did.

† Christian Member †

In Brisbane, Australia,  there was a guy who had a gun in the city's shopping centre, they called for an emergency evacuation of the shopping centre and police arrived shortly after.

He was waving it around etc etc, endangering police and other people around him. The police even called his mobile to offer him a cigarette and a coke to calm him down. 

In the end he was shot by a few RUBBER bullets in the shoulder and he surrendered or he dropped the gun or something, and police arrested him. NO ONE was hurt and the police made a successful arrest.

I completely disagree with everything that happened in that video. The police needed to be calm and should have talked to the person holding the knife instead of shooting first and asking questions later.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

In Brisbane, Australia,  there was a guy who had a gun in the city's shopping centre, they called for an emergency evacuation of the shopping centre and police arrived shortly after.

He was waving it around etc etc, endangering police and other people around him. The police even called his mobile to offer him a cigarette and a coke to calm him down. 

In the end he was shot by a few RUBBER bullets in the shoulder and he surrendered or he dropped the gun or something, and police arrested him. NO ONE was hurt and the police made a successful arrest.

I completely disagree with everything that happened in that video. The police needed to be calm and should have talked to the person holding the knife instead of shooting first and asking questions later.

Really? Police don't tend to use less lethal weapons when they are confronted by guns. 

Toronto's police are exceptionally bad, though. They did some terrible stuff during those riots a few years ago.

Really? Police don't tend to use less lethal weapons when they are confronted by guns. 

Toronto's police are exceptionally bad, though. They did some terrible stuff during those riots a few years ago.

The Guy was surrounded by heavy armed forces who were at the ready to fire if worse comes to worst. Buy since he wasn't directly aiming at anyone in particular, and instead waving it around, they decided it wasn't safe and shot him with a rubber bullet. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

The Guy was surrounded by heavy armed forces who were at the ready to fire if worse comes to worst. Buy since he wasn't directly aiming at anyone in particular, and instead waving it around, they decided it wasn't safe and shot him with a rubber bullet. 

I liked this approach better

I liked this approach better

hahah yeah I've seen that

Not everyone can pull off a good shot like that.

Meanwhile+in+Murica+_062f93860376eea9654

toronto is in Canada, sherlock. And in the USA cops have two fire two shots, wait, and see if the suspect is down. Not Muricuh at all. In fact 90% op cops here are really nice and respectful. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

toronto is in Canada, sherlock. And in the USA cops have two fire two shots, wait, and see if the suspect is down. Not Muricuh at all. In fact 90% op cops here are really nice and respectful. 

Yeah yeah, I know. I just thought it was relevant somehow.

im in new york and i dont like some of the actions the police are doing here look up stop and frisk NYC and you will see the stuff that they do there are some dirty cops here

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

yeah i meant tazer first and taser only

This was not an option, getting close to the door to taser him only shortens the time it'd take for him to stab and kill the officer. You can say that wasn't his intention, but you always have to assume the worst.

9 shots THEN a tazer? ... Wrong order of operations. :|

And yeah, they did.

I have to point out that the man was still alive after the shots were fired. The man was most likely still holding the knife when he was down, the reason for the police saying "Drop the knife" before they tasered him. 

One other thing I have to say is that if you want someone to call "evil" or "brutal" from this event, the guy who made the video is the best candidate. You can actually hear him laughing before and after the man with the knife is shot. It's not like the police wanted to do this, they actually performed CPR after they disarmed him.

Sure, I may sound a little biased because I'm Canadian, but it just gets on my nerves that every time someone is hurt or killed by the police everyone jumps on the police brutality bandwagon. (Sure, you can say they fired too many shots, but some of them would have missed, and the man still wasn't disarmed after the shots. Also, would you have walked up close to a man threatening you with a knife so you could taser him?)