Repairing old AT keyboard cable/adding PS/2 connector

Dabombinable

I've decided to get around to repairing my old keyboard which I used to use for my old Super Socket 7 motherboard and Windows 95 before I upgraded to Windows 98SE and a Pentium III, and I don't know how I should go about repairing the cable. Only 1 wire has been damaged and I was thinking of using a 'bread board' as a temporary solution by cutting all wires, stripping the sheath back and attaching them together with screws. Is it the right way to go until I get a soldering iron? And would I be able to attach the PS/2 connector from a dead keyboard (lower end version of the replacement which I'm using right now) in parallel so I don't actually need an AT-PS/2 adapter (I still need the AT connector for my SS7 motherboard and my 286/386 and 486)?

post-155575-0-16180400-1438474090_thumb.

post-155575-0-90073000-1438474162_thumb.

post-155575-0-23776400-1438474216_thumb.

post-155575-0-01386400-1438474416_thumb.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

No idea about the PS/2 connector, but seriously, just get a soldering iron. Harbor Freight sells one for pretty darn cheap, under $10. That breadboard from Radioshack could cost as much.

No idea about the PS/2 connector, but seriously, just get a soldering iron. Harbor Freight sells one for pretty darn cheap, under $10. That breadboard from Radioshack could cost as much.

For a bread board I was going to just use 4 screws, 4 washers and a piece of timber.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL