Windows 10 Cortana [Use Google instead of Bing] [Tutorial]

Arty

Thanks. I was looking for that today but I stoped using Cortana anyway because she was totaly doing everyting else but what I told her.

"Go to linustechtips dot com"

Cortana - weather.com

and so on... :D My english accent is bad though so it may be a big part of the problem.

Should this be considered news? I'd really like to try this, but Cortana is not available in my region :(

Thanks. I was looking for that today but I stoped using Cortana anyway because she was totaly doing everyting else but what I told her.

"Go to linustechtips dot com"

Cortana - weather.com

and so on... :D My english accent is bad though so it may be a big part of the problem.

still works for searching stuff though. via keyboard etc.

Google Search master race  :ph34r:

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Should this be considered news? 

Tech news and "reviews" actually not really a but review. (unless you count using cortana finding out it uses bing and reailzing its bad and forcing it too google)

Was there a tutorial sub form i may have missed that. IF there is a tutorial subfourm a mod may please move it :)

still works for searching stuff though. via keyboard etc.

Yea but I can search things for my self if I have to use keyboard. I find only the voice feature to be usefull for me as I can shout on my PC from across the room when I need something.

Yea but I can search things for my self if I have to use keyboard. I find only the voice feature to be usefull for me as I can shout on my PC from across the room when I need something.

I mean instead of opening chrome and waiting for it to load the page then searching

you click the little search icon type and then chrome opens right to that search.

but yea.

Wow, such discrimination. Firefox should have an extension like this. Or at least make it so i don't have to set Chrome as default. I hate chrome.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow, such discrimination. Firefox should have an extension like this. Or at least make it so i don't have to set Chrome as default. I hate chrome.

its a chrome extension  lol. i will look tho.

But chrome #1

Edit: didn't find anything. you try if u do ill link it.

Should this be considered news? I'd really like to try this, but Cortana is not available in my region :(

Just change your region to United States and your language to English in your settings and you can activate Cortana.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Just change your region to United States and your language to English in your settings and you can activate Cortana.

Are you sure that works? When I tested the preview version it certainly didn't, I even changed my MS account settings, not just OS settings.

Micrososft thinks Finnish cannot into English.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I initially had everything in UK English, changed everything to US English. Nothing happened. If you have some sort of tutorial for this please share it with us. I really want to try out Cortana :D

I initially had everything in UK English, changed everything to US English. Nothing happened. If you have some sort of tutorial for this please share it with us. I really want to try out Cortana :D

Are you sure that works? When I tested the preview version it certainly didn't, I even changed my MS account settings, not just OS settings.

Micrososft thinks Finnish cannot into English.

You will have to download the speech pack for English US . Go to your languages tab, select English US and options. Then download the speech feature(108MB). (Thats what MS says, doing it now and I am not sure if it will work though)

You will have to download the speech pack for English US . Go to your languages tab, select English US and options. Then download the speech feature(108MB). (Thats what MS says, doing it now and I am not sure if it will work though)

I don't have a proper Win 10 installation ATM, I only had it in a VM and I am not going to install in until it gets some updates.

Simply because I don't want to risk having to go install WIN 7 again.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

But chrome #1

If by that, you mean Chrome is the best, then no. I use Firefox, and I massively prefer it to Chrome. Speed wise, there's such a miniscule difference that it's not even worth comparing it. I use Firefox as I find it a bit snappier and it's UI is 50x better IMO.

If by that, you mean Chrome is the best, then no. I use Firefox, and I massively prefer it to Chrome. Speed wise, there's such a miniscule difference that it's not even worth comparing it. I use Firefox as I find it a bit snappier and it's UI is 50x better IMO.

UI, is subjective :)

UI, is subjective :)

Yes, that's why I said "I find" and "IMO"

Did that already. Changed region, input language (removed UK English keyboard to be sure), changed the locale thingy. It just won't work :( Maybe I'll wake up one day and everything will just work, but I won't waste my time on making it work. I don't consider Cortana such a useful thing, it would've just been nice to try it out.

Did that already. Changed region, input language (removed UK English keyboard to be sure), changed the locale thingy. It just won't work :( Maybe I'll wake up one day and everything will just work, but I won't waste my time on making it work. I don't consider Cortana such a useful thing, it would've just been nice to try it out.

It dosent work for me too unfortunately, but my fathers laptop (from win 7) got cortana when he installed win 10. :(

Pretty sure MS fixed this, not 100% sure though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)