Still no windows 10 D:

SauronsV
Go to solution Solved by GrimNeo,

LinusWindows10Tips

Since no1 has talked about not getting their windows 10 update I thought I would QQ about it here.

i cri evertim ͡(° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Me too atleast i have more time to look through my files and backup stuff... which will take a few min -_-

Just download an iso file for windows 10, it's everywhere

I find this much much more convenience

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

this is to download threw the windows update and if you reserved worked for me

I think it is just slow to role out where I am, I am in Österreich

LinusWindows10Tips

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I tried that at first and when I entered in my win 8.1 key it said invalid key so i had to reformat back to 8.1 and install win 10 via windows update :( I probably did something wrong but I have it fixed now

I used this method for 5 computers today and didn't have to insert a key.

I used this method for 5 computers today and didn't have to insert a key.

I am able to skip the key part, but if I do it limits to what I can do on the OS. like changing themes, profiles etc. 

Maybe this is because I installed win 10 on a fresh new ssd? Since I bought a 1TB SSD and decided to put win 10 on that instead of my older 250GB SSD that I used for my OS before

I am able to skip the key part, but if I do it limits to what I can do on the OS. like changing themes, profiles etc. 

Dunno, I tried this on various systems and I was never prompted to insert a key like the way it is supposed to.

Just download the shit and run.

Maybe this is because I installed win 10 on a fresh new ssd? Since I bought a 1TB SSD and decided to put win 10 on that instead of my older 250GB SSD that I used for my OS before

If you upgrade first and login with a valid Microsoft account on a activated copy of Win 7/8.x, you'll be able to skip both (two) key request during the ISO install. Once you login to Win 10 with the same Microsoft account it will automatically activate Win 10.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

If you upgrade first and login with a valid Microsoft account on a activated copy of Win 7/8.x, you'll be able to skip both (two) key request during the ISO install. Once you login to Win 10 with the same Microsoft account it will automatically activate Win 10.

So, now that I have everything running and activated/logged in with microsoft account (on win 10 already), I should be able to just download that iso & make a bootable usb and sign in with my microshit account in the future if I ever wanna reformat and it'll be activated still?

So, now that I have everything running and activated/logged in with microsoft account (on win 10 already), I should be able to just download that iso & make a bootable usb and sign in with my microshit account in the future if I ever wanna reformat and it'll be activated still?

Correct!

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Correct!

on a completely unrelated note, can you you suggest any 1440p monitors you would buy? (i was originally going to go with 144hz 1080p but i'd rather have a far greater screen size) I want to get one but i'm horrible at deciding. I have a gtx 980ti so I should be good in that department