Samsung announces monitors with built in smartphone wireless charging

ExDreamer

M3_Main.jpg

The company has now announced two new monitors, which feature a built-in wireless charging dock to power up your handset.

There are two models in the range, the 24-inch S24E370DL and 27-inch S27E370DS. Both feature Qi wireless charging ports at the base, so you can charge any smartphone which features this particular charging technology.

The two monitors have a resolution of 1920×1080, a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees, and a contrast ratio of 1000:1. The smaller 24-inch model has a peak brightness of 250 cd/m2, while the larger monitor can reach as high as 300 cd/m2. The ports on the back include one HDMI 1.4 connection, a Display Pot, and one D-Sub.

For the gamers out there, the S24E370DL and S27E370DS both come with AMD’s FreeSync technology.

Source : http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-wireless-charging-monitors-628636/

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/samsung-electronics-unveils-worlds-first-wireless-mobile-charging-monitor/

I think this would be nice if it become standard in all monitor moving forward.The benefit of charging your phone without any wired connection far outweight the disadvantage of the extra cost. This could eliminate clumsy wire management.

I like that idea

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Price be like AD7PXY4.jpg

Yeh, when I saw this the thought of a price jump in monitors came to my mind quicker than "oh cool, innovation"... -_-

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I always remove the stands from my monitors and use monitor arms so meh.

Also, it seems like a bit of a awkward spot to put your phone.

I don't know the range on this kind of I believe inductive charging, but if possible I'd rather see keyboards with a wireless charging tray, in the same spot as where the Logitech Orion has that tray. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Yeh, when I saw this the thought of a price jump in monitors came to my mind quicker than "oh cool, innovation"... -_-

Most wireless charger now cost around USD 15 to 50 USD .For me, i would pay that extra money for innovation and extra convenient in the future.If it cost over USD 100 from other monitors, it would be a different story.

Most wireless charger now cost around USD 15 to 50 USD .For me, i would pay that extra money for innovation and extra convenient in the future.

I hope they make new monitors with and w/o the feature, sorta useless for iPhone users, anyone who doesnt use a Samsung device basically.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

I hope they make new monitors with and w/o the feature, sorta useless for iPhone users, anyone who doesnt use a Samsung device basically.

Well, this monitors use a standard qi wireless charging, so any phones that support this standard could use it no matter the brands. You could even use it on iphone if you are using wireless charging case for iphone.

Well, this monitors use a standard qi wireless charging, so any phones that support this standard could use it no matter the brands. You could even use it on iphone if you are using wireless charging case for iphone.

Never thought of it this way

G_G

It's a nice step forward but what we really need for wireless charging to take off is tables with integrated chargers. Not just desks you have at home either, I mean like tables at restaurants, your work and school. Once we have that we could more or less stop worrying about phone battery lives, because they would be on chargers for a big chunk of the day.

Good one. I usually put my phone there anyway heh.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

My only worry with wireless charger in public place is that it would use battery charging cycle more aggressive because you would only charge it about 30 to 1 hour, no where enough for full charging. This may result in battery dying a lot earlier than extended. Big trouble for non-removable battery smartphone.

It's a nice step forward but what we really need for wireless charging to take off is tables with integrated chargers. Not just desks you have at home either, I mean like tables at restaurants, your work and school. Once we have that we could more or less stop worrying about phone battery lives, because they would be on chargers for a big chunk of the day.

Excellent! Just what I wanted for my next monitor. To hell with 1440p and 144hz adaptive refresh rates with an IPS panel, wireless charging is where it's at.  :wub: 

Joking aside though, I imagine it'll be a pretty useful feature for offices and the like. For home use though...seems kinda gimmicky to me personally.