16 AWG vs 18 AWG

So I plan on making my own custom sleeve job and it's going to be custom length right down to the wire (no pun intended). My question is does either gauge make the job easier? make the psu run more stable? or just give better bends?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

So I plan on making my own custom sleeve job and it's going to be custom length right down to the wire (no pun intended). My question is does either gauge make the job easier? make the psu run more stable? or just give better bends?

16 is stiffer and in my opinion long term makes better bends but is harder to train and you have to be a bit more careful when you crimp the connectors and it can be a bit harder to crimp 2 wires into the same terminal. also please follow your own thread.

Yeah. Bigger wire = more power. 

no. thicker wire = less resistance at the same current level

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

16awg can carry 10 amps of current where as 18 can only carry 7 amps of current, for power supplies I imagine that 18 would be ok because you don't draw everything through one 18 gauge conductor. 18 is physical smaller in diameter so it would be easier to manipulate, with it being smaller, you could have the same numbers of conductors in one spot where you might  not be able to with 16, so if space is tight, 18 is my bet.

As for making the PSU run better... no. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

16awg can carry 10 amps of current where as 18 can only carry 7 amps of current, for power supplies I imagine that 18 would be ok because you don't draw everything through one 18 gauge conductor. 18 is physical smaller in diameter so it would be easier to manipulate, with it being smaller, you could have the same numbers of conductors in one spot where you might  not be able to with 16, so if space is tight, 18 is my bet.

As for making the PSU run better... no. 

I know it wont run better but if it has even the most minuscule pro over the cons I see no point not to get it

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE