HEX GEAR R40 Engineering station - Final pics on page 5

p0Pe

I sure am! Almost done with it also:D So expect updates soon!

Thanks Colin!

Haha yeah, building is all the fun! A bit enraging here and there, but mostly fun!

Bring it on! I am a fan of hugs.

Are u a fan of kisses also? I can provide that lol..

I sure am! Almost done with it also:D So expect updates soon!

What are some of the difficulties when it comes to hard tubing? I imagine keeping the tube uniform in width is pretty difficult on some bends

What are some of the difficulties when it comes to hard tubing? I imagine keeping the tube uniform in width is pretty difficult on some bends

Usually you insert a length of solid silicone or neoprene tube into the tubing, to sustain the shape even when bending. :)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Wow...

Are u a fan of kisses also? I can provide that lol..

I think I will pass on the kisses:D

I never really bend hard tubing so I would not be able to tell:D

Usually you insert a length of solid silicone or neoprene tube into the tubing, to sustain the shape even when bending. :)

This^ And then use a bending rig, and be carefull not to heat up the acrylic too much.

Alright, I am now done with the cables for this thing, and not a second too soon! This has to be one of the hardest cable jobs I have ever done.

I still need to do some final tweaking with the cables, but this is the overall look that I wanted to achieve.

Also tried to quickly turn it on and everything actually works, and it boots!

8asOUnP.jpg

Only watercooling left to do now, and then a power button!

WLKsMDK.jpg

Here you can see in detail how the multi GPU comb actually works. Every wire in this build is TIGHT, and just exactly the length it needs to be. No spare length anywhere grin-humørikon

yKm5Rcj.jpg

Also painted the aquaero heatsink black, as the original silver color was a standing out a bit to much.

AyENiTG.jpg

Might put another 6 tb drive in, and swap the ssd out for a bigger one, but this will have to do for now.

Sx9Ehpb.jpg

Closeup of the cable plate and harddrive plate.

Not much more to do now, other than the watercooling!

Wow again.

Can't wait to see that rear panel filled!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Beautiful, nuff said. :) 

Btw the HDD is just screwed to the plate, or have some dampening material underneath it ?

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

That GPU cable bracket is pure genius!

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Closeup of the cable plate and harddrive plate.

Not much more to do now, other than the watercooling!

Please... Put black water, in the hard tubing.. That will be my tear of happiness..

I can't help it.. Please.. Come.. Lemme hug u

Wow, as tired of red as I am, I want this.

Also thought I'd let you know, I've loved this case since I first saw it. If it wasn't $400CDN before shipping and import taxes/fees I'd have one.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

That cabling is the cleanest cable management I've ever seen. It's beautiful.

Rubber dampeners and matching screws are included.

-snip-

Oh, should of figured. Thanks for the info, I don't know much about these cases. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

This cabling is just p0rn. Amazing.

Thanks man!

Wow again.

Can't wait to see that rear panel filled!

That makes two of us:P

Beautiful, nuff said. :)

Btw the HDD is just screwed to the plate, or have some dampening material underneath it ?

Thanks man! The retail version has rubber dampeners as shown by noobcase :)

:o

:D

That GPU cable bracket is pure genius!

Thanks! Took a bit of tinkering to figure out how to make it neat, but I think I nailed it:D

Please... Put black water, in the hard tubing.. That will be my tear of happiness..

I can't help it.. Please.. Come.. Lemme hug u

I will definitely not use black water. tried that once, and I am not a huge fan. I will most likely go with clear water with red dye :)

Wow, as tired of red as I am, I want this.

Also thought I'd let you know, I've loved this case since I first saw it. If it wasn't $400CDN before shipping and import taxes/fees I'd have one.

Yeah, lots of people say there is too many red builds around. I never actually did one, (I did the ROG themed R40, but that was not for myself) so I wanted to try it out, as I still think the color scheme has lots of potential if done right. 

Man those cables are just perfect, there is just no other possible way to describe them

Thanks man!

Wondering if that distribution plate could be made modular in some way, and perhaps with a mechanism that would allow already made cables to be locked down? I'd buy that accessory in a heart beat. 

It could, but it would take the cool part about it away. Whenever you try and design a specific part to do way more than it was originally meant for, it becomes a mess. The case is designed by this exact principle actually.

That cabling is the cleanest cable management I've ever seen. It's beautiful.

Thanks man! I am glad you guys like it, as it took way longer to do than planned :D

Finishing up the last few bits today, and will then do a final photoshoot before I fill it up!

I will definitely not use black water. tried that once, and I am not a huge fan. I will most likely go with clear water with red dye :)

hhmm.. i think there will be to much red, maybe u can go for another color, or material, maybe u can go with metal pipe just like digital storm does, that will be great. im so sorry sir, these are just my thoughts.. i dont know for sure because i dont have real experience in watercooling anyway hahaha...

but... to be honest.. so far, this is the best build i've personally ever seen in this forum sir... 

DAAAAMMMNNN....!!!

i'm your massive fan!!

hhmm.. i think there will be to much red, maybe u can go for another color, or material, maybe u can go with metal pipe just like digital storm does, that will be great. im so sorry sir, these are just my thoughts.. i dont know for sure because i dont have real experience in watercooling anyway hahaha...

but... to be honest.. so far, this is the best build i've personally ever seen in this forum sir... 

DAAAAMMMNNN....!!!

i'm your massive fan!!

Lets see if you still think it is too much red:D

Time for some final pics to round off this project. This has been a fun trip down modding lane with a project that started out as "just being a simple workstation build" and ended up being one of my most challenging builds to date.

Spec list:
Case: HEX GEAR R40
CPU: Intel 5960x
GPU: 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980TI
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X99M-gaming5
RAM: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666Mhz
Power supply: Corsair HX850i
SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 240 gb
HDD: Western Digital red 6 tb
Fan controller: Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 lt

Watercooling:
EK Water Blocks, radiators, fans and pump
Bitspower fittings

Custom made reservoir, case parts, sli bridge, and cable combs.

AzPl23W.jpg

9mtvf1V.jpg

nGspkma.jpg

3qjmn3r.jpg

SzeIqPI.jpg

Gg37F5r.jpg

4k5166h.jpg

rfDZ8Tj.jpg

gfdmn6O.jpg

zFO447O.jpg

rdXENpz.jpg

yZRdKhX.jpg

AMEEzF1.jpg

oisHzKM.jpg

u1wV88N.jpg

kK6qp1N.jpg

UpnMLjr.jpg

pfe6MeO.jpg

2U6NhTJ.jpg

Vz76NGG.jpg

vJpAMpl.jpg

BwaWUnF.jpg

o0E4rKW.jpg

m7VINZm.jpg

k7bpC8F.jpg

XC9E3SM.jpg

eQzSbJ5.jpg

w6ErnIN.jpg

PvuJkeu.jpg

I will let the pictures do the talking.
A massive thank you goes out to Bitspower, Corsair, EK Waterblocks & Nvidia for helping me out with components for this build. Furthermore I would like to thank Peter Berg, a good friend of mine for helping me machine the rear distributing block.

Some info about the cooling loop, after a 2 hour gta 5 gaming session, the gpu´s where hitting 42 degrees, while water temperature was at a steady 38 degrees with fans spinning at 1100 rpm. Safe to say that this thing will not overheat anytime soon as the fans can spin all the way up to 1500 RPM.

I just jizzed a little. Usually I hate translucent fluids (especially red) but your system makes it work. It's so amazing!

ASU

Lets see if you still think it is too much red:D

Time for some final pics to round off this project. This has been a fun trip down modding lane with a project that started out as "just being a simple workstation build" and ended up being one of my most challenging builds to date.

Spec list:
Case: HEX GEAR R40
CPU: Intel 5960x
GPU: 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980TI
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X99M-gaming5
RAM: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666Mhz
Power supply: Corsair HX850i
SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 240 gb
HDD: Western Digital red 6 tb
Fan controller: Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 lt

Watercooling:
EK Water Blocks, radiators, fans and pump
Bitspower fittings

Custom made reservoir, case parts, sli bridge, and cable combs.

I will let the pictures do the talking.
A massive thank you goes out to Bitspower, Corsair, EK Waterblocks & Nvidia for helping me out with components for this build. Furthermore I would like to thank Peter Berg, a good friend of mine for helping me machine the rear distributing block.

Some info about the cooling loop, after a 2 hour gta 5 gaming session, the gpu´s where hitting 42 degrees, while water temperature was at a steady 38 degrees with fans spinning at 1100 rpm. Safe to say that this thing will not overheat anytime soon as the fans can spin all the way up to 1500 RPM.

Man the end result is epic. Not a huge fan of the cables... think the black make it look dirty, but personal preference never the less. The cable management is second to none. Holy shit... again.. to a point where I now NEED both a CNC and laser edger/cutter.. hell throw a decent 3D printer in that mix ;) The rest is... well... in lack of a better word... perfect. The Res looks sick... really sick!

What really blows my mind is more... how the hech do you come up with these ideas/solutions?!?! One thing is fabricating and making the stuff... Imagining it is something that can't be taught :)

What speed is your pump running at? Got the same rads  in mine and getting a bit higher temps. Granted I've only done stress testing and benchmarks still.

Yeah, I'm kinda tired of red too, but this pc is beautiful, I'd have it  :)

IMO it should be in the Art Museum.

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log