H80i is a piece of crap...

ahmedelhofy

Hey,

I recently built a custom PC... I though water cooling would be more silent that an air one... so I decided to get  water cooling, Unfortunately I got the H80i...

It's connected as shown in the instructions, so to be able to use with the shitty Corsair Link...

But, It doesn't work correctly, the fans spin at a constant speed of 2300rpm which is extremely loud, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner running beside me... and I can't control it using the shitty Link software, and even the led control doesn't work as well... 

I have searched a lot and have seen people saying that they use the cooler without "Link" but can't figure out how to get it to work.... They said that they removed the USB cable that controls the pump and they connected the fans in different part that I didn't really understand...

I have tried connecting the fans to a part that in the back of the case, that has 8 3 pin connectors labeled from fan0 to fan7 but found that the fans were 4 pins..

Is there any way to fix this shitty product and control the fans on my own without corsair link or should I replace that cooler and get another one, any recommendation ?

Note : I'm a totaly a noob in the PC building world, so if you gonna be recommending some changes in the cables please explain in details

P.S : PC Specs :

MSI X99A Gaming Moterboard

Intel Core I7 5820K

MSI Gaming GTX 980

NZXT H440 Case

worked well for me xD

also. don't use corsair link. connect the fans in your mobo. works better

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I love when people have one bad experience with a product, all of the sudden its a piece of shit.........

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Don't have any problems with my H100i. You're probably doing something wrong.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

Just get a 4 pin fan splitter and connect it to your secondary CPU 4pin fan connector, if you only have one then use a molex adapter for the water pump, plug the water block into the PSU and plug in your fans to the CPU fan connector using a splitter

It's not a shitty product so don't jump to conclusions it's just a broken software and the motherboard does a better job at controlling the fans anyway.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

worked well for me xD

also. don't use corsair link. connect the fans in your mobo. works better

It does cool the cpu pretty darn well.. but the noise is unacceptable and can't figure out how to control them..

the fans are 4 pins, how i'm supposed to control them in 3 pin in the motherboard

I love when people have one bad experience with a product, all of the sudden its a piece of shit.........

when I buy a product, it's supposed to work out the box after installing the drivers.....

the drivers doesn't even work on 8.1, you have to change the registery to get to work.. seriously !!

Return the cooler if you can and get good cheap and very silent air cooler like:

be quiet! Shadow Rock 2

Cryorig H5

120/140mm AIOs are prety bad and are usefull only if you have small case and want to have decent cooling or if you cant mount any other cooler. Otherwise it will be outperformed by most air coolers that cost even less and are more silent.

Return the cooler if you can and get good cheap and very silent air cooler like:

be quiet! Shadow Rock 2

Cryorig H5

120/140mm AIOs are prety bad and are usefull only if you have small case and want to have decent cooling or if you cant mount any other cooler. Otherwise it will be outperformed by most air coolers that cost even less and are more silent.

Not really a thick 120mm in push/pull will do better than most air coolers on the market especially at overclocking

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

A couple of notes here..

1. Corsair link is a piece of crap.
  2. An All-In-One liquid cooler - other than in specific, super-optimized airflow scenarios - has no reason to be any quieter than a proper air cooler, and in many cases it will be louder.
  3. Most often, the fans that come with the cooler are pretty loud; I always replace them with Noctua fans.
  4. 2300RPM is super fast. Turning off Corsair link and running them slower will make it quieter, but at the cost of higher temperatures.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

@ahmedelhofy follow topic

Setup

Ok, So getting a 4 pin fan splitter and connecting both fans to the mobo ?.... I found a 4 pin connector in the mobo called "SYSFAN3".. should I connect both them there ?

will that allow me to control them !?

It does cool the cpu pretty darn well.. but the noise is unacceptable and can't figure out how to control them..

the fans are 4 pins, how i'm supposed to control them in 3 pin in the motherboard

when I buy a product, it's supposed to work out the box after installing the drivers.....

the drivers doesn't even work on 8.1, you have to change the registery to get to work.. seriously !!

Nothings perfect buddy

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

UP..

Ok, So getting a 4 pin fan splitter and connecting both fans to the mobo ?.... I found a 4 pin connector in the mobo called "SYSFAN3".. should I connect both them there ?

will that allow me to control them !?

I wasn't sure which MSI x99A board you meant, so I looked at all of them. They each had at least 3 4pin fan headers- enough for one to go to the splitter and 2 for the cooler.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I wasn't sure which MSI x99A board you meant, so I looked at all of them. They each had at least 3 4pin fan headers- enough for one to go to the splitter and 2 for the cooler.

oh yea there's 3 4pin headers.. they're pretty far though from the fans.. I'll need a splitter probably

another question : the pump is connected to the usb header, is that a must if i won't be using corsair link !

Okay, Finally figured it out...

I ran GTA V to test the cooling.. the cpu package reached a maximum temp of 56C and the GPU reached about 68C..

is that normal ?

Not sure about CPU temps myself to be honest. I have air cooling, a CM Hyper 212 and I've never seen my CPU hotter than 55 degrees Celsius. i'd say your temps seem normal to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

oh yea there's 3 4pin headers.. they're pretty far though from the fans.. I'll need a splitter probably

another question : the pump is connected to the usb header, is that a must if i won't be using corsair link !

Are you sure? They looked like they would be at the top of the mobo.

I've never used Corsair link, so IDK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Do you have two CPU fan headers? I am asking because the pump takes sata power and a 1 pin header that is supposed to go in the CPU header so the pump does not always run at full speed. A splitter cannot fix this because the fan RPM and pump RPM will move together, which can be bad lol.

Hey,

I recently built a custom PC... I though water cooling would be more silent that an air one... so I decided to get  water cooling, Unfortunately I got the H80i...

It's connected as shown in the instructions, so to be able to use with the shitty Corsair Link...

But, It doesn't work correctly, the fans spin at a constant speed of 2300rpm which is extremely loud, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner running beside me... and I can't control it using the shitty Link software, and even the led control doesn't work as well... 

I have searched a lot and have seen people saying that they use the cooler without "Link" but can't figure out how to get it to work.... They said that they removed the USB cable that controls the pump and they connected the fans in different part that I didn't really understand...

I have tried connecting the fans to a part that in the back of the case, that has 8 3 pin connectors labeled from fan0 to fan7 but found that the fans were 4 pins..

Is there any way to fix this shitty product and control the fans on my own without corsair link or should I replace that cooler and get another one, any recommendation ?

Note : I'm a totaly a noob in the PC building world, so if you gonna be recommending some changes in the cables please explain in details

P.S : PC Specs :

MSI X99A Gaming Moterboard

Intel Core I7 5820K

MSI Gaming GTX 980

NZXT H440 Case

is it a H80i GT? 

If it is. a new corsair link software was released 20th July. install that. and gointo the software and set the pump to quiet mode. 

and set the fan to balanced mode or create a custom profile. I love my 80i GT its keeping 4790K at 4.6ghz super chilly!