Which $380 Headphone is the best?

TheAmazingCookieFromSquare

Basically I need something that counters the most expensive Beats which are priced at $380

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Basically I need something that counters the most expensive Beats which are priced at $380

I want to say HD8 DJ?

M70x?

m50x?

I want to say HD8 DJ?

M70x?

m50x?

No I need something that is literally around the $400 price range

Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser, watch out on what you buy just because it costs a lot doesn't mean it sounds good

This one? 

HiFiMAN HE-400

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser, watch out on what you buy just because it costs a lot doesn't mean it sounds good

The Sennheiser HD 600 and 650 sound the same to me because they probably are the same thing.Well the 650 has 0.5% audio pressure level instead of 0.1 on 600 for a $100 differance

*Waiting for someone to say astros*

I was just sitting literally waiting for some to say Astros lel

The best headphones under $300:

• Sennheiser HD 650/600 (600 good for vocals, classical)
  • Philips Fidelio X2 (my top pick for open-back bass)
  • Hifiman HE-400S (planar!)
  • NAD VISIO HP50 (closed-back)
  • AKG 7xx/712

I want to say HD8 DJ?

No.

m50x?

NO. FUCK.

*Waiting for someone to say astros*

I was just sitting literally waiting for some to say Astros lel

You can buy worse headsets for their $150 pricetag. But yeah, many other headphones in a similar price range will beat the snot out of the Astro A40's. Bose SoundTrue to name one.

• Philips Fidelio X2 (my top pick for bass)

No.

NO. FUCK.

u no like m50s?

• Philips Fidelio X2 (my top pick for bass)

Well how about more of a general headphone that will do good in most types and good for gaming for around $300-$350

Well how about more of a general headphone that will do good in most types and good for gaming for around $300-$350

Those are all general headphones that would work for gaming or music.

The AKG K7xx Massdrop would be worth adding to the list as well.

• Philips Fidelio X2 (my top pick for open-back bass)
  • AKG 7xx/712

These are all great choices, but you will need to get an amp/dac to get the most out of them.

These are all great choices, but you will need to get an amp/dac to get the most out of them.

It's likely that only the Hifiman and AKG would even remotely "need" a dedicated amp.

It's likely that only the Hifiman and AKG would even remotely "need" a dedicated amp.

Hd600/650 as well, and the X2 you can get away with but it would still be better with an amp. The HP50 should be fine, but it's a portable headphones.

Hd600/650 as well, and the X2 you can get away with but it would still be better with an amp. The HP50 should be fine, but it's a portable headphones.

Possibly, but it remains to be seen if the OP will require one. Best to get the headphones first.

Possibly, but it remains to be seen if the OP will require one. Best to get the headphones first.

Yeah, it's just a warning for OP, if all he's willing to spend is $400 top. Might consider buying something like a He-400 for $300 and grab a Fiio e10k for $100 instead.

u no like m50s?

It's not that it's just people like you that make the audio forum awful sometimes, because when anyone see's a thread you can expect someone to yell "ATH-M50!!!!!" even when it doesn't make sense people will recommend it off hype alone.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Yeah, it's just a warning for OP, if all he's willing to spend is $400 top. Might consider buying something like a He-400 for $300 and grab a Fiio e10k for $100 instead.

Good thought, SMSL SD793 would be better if optical is available. Of course, the X2 and HE-400S are $300 as well and the HD600 falls that low from time to time.

It's not that it's just people like you that make the audio forum awful sometimes, because when anyone see's a thread you can expect someone to yell "ATH-M50!!!!!" even when it doesn't make sense people will recommend it off hype alone.

Personally only think that the M50's are so-so.

+1 to ssl open back recommendation.

For closed I'll throw in the mrspeakers mad dogs for 400$ the oppo pm3 might be the best sort of all around headphone that is good for both home and portable use( although the open cans are better for home use).

If your looking for something that is very detailed but is bass lean the m70x are good choice as well.

Personally only think that the M50's are so-so.

Exactly yet people recommend them as though they're the end all solution.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

u no like m50s?

It's not that we don't like the M50. However, if you were to *actually* read the original post, you would see, quite clearly, that the poster wants something 2-3 times the cost. At that large of a price gap, you can be sure that there are many, many options with far better sound quality, and build quality. At the $400 price point, (If you were to be a big enough fool to pay that much for the M50/X) then you would be getting something on the order of beats levels of over priced-ness...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)