Help me find a cooling fan for the Intel i7 5960X :)

Go to solution Solved by 1Scotty1,

Liquid cooling scares me xD 

No need to go custom loop, get a all-in-one like the Kraken X61, I have it and love it, not a single issue :)

Hello i am going to buy the Intel i7 5960X sadly it does not come with a fan out of the box like my current i7 3770k. I have no plans on overclocking the CPU and i not touching water cooling at all.

So i just need a standard fan with enough room for Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2666C16 Vengeance LPX Ram.

The motherboard i shall  be using 

Asus X99 Deluxe Intel LGA 2011 V3 ATX Motherboard  

"Sadly"? If you're spending over 1K on a CPU then surely you should be using an aftermarket cooler.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

But I'm wondering why you would spend $1k for a CPU yet not want to liquid-cool or overclock it

Exactly my thoughts...

Exactly my thoughts...

Never mind i will go with liquid cooling can someone recommend me one?:)  I will just get someone else to fit it for me. 

"Sadly"? If you're spending over 1K on a CPU then surely you should be using an aftermarket cooler.

Never mind i will go with liquid cooling can someone recommend me one?:)  I will just get someone else to fit it for me. 

No need to go custom loop, get a all-in-one like the Kraken X61, I have it and love it, not a single issue :)

Never mind i will go with liquid cooling can someone recommend me one? :)  I will just get someone else to fit it for me. 

Go A ll I n O ne (Corsair H100i,Corsair H60, Kraken X40,Kraken X60 et al). 

Maximum PC reviewed the Kraken X40 as the "best bang for the buck" model.

Don't bother having someone else fit it it is really quite easy . Nothing beyond anyone who is assembling their own system. 

Here is (everyone's favourite < sarcasm) Carey Hollzman installing one.

If you get beyond his fairly dry style (I find his joking forced and unfunny) he is very knowledgeable.

A perhaps not so obvious 'extra' is that one of these AIO coolers will give you a tad more cooling overhead so if you decide to overclock at a later date the cooling will handle it. 

As others have said do you have a reason for not overclocking, that is a pretty expensive processor not to O/C ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Look at corsair ones they said if it leaks (which is super rare) they would pay for the damages :)

Mind if I ask, what's wrong with your current CPU?

Never mind i will go with liquid cooling can someone recommend me one? :)  I will just get someone else to fit it for me. 

The Corsair All-In-One coolers are pretty good. As to which one, make sure you have a place for it in your case. Not all cases can support all cooling solutions (air or water).

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

Mind if I ask, what's wrong with your current CPU?

Nothing i have an i7 3770k But i need to upgrade my motherboard as it does not support SLI only crossfire. That means i would need to reinstall windows so why not upgrade the rest of my PC to the Latest why i am there?