Furmark, MSI Kombustor or Unigine Heaven?

Kruziik_Kel

So im going to be overclocking my 7950 shortly via MSI Afterburner and was wondering witch stress tester is best or should I run a combination?

also any other tips for both stress testing and overclocking the card?

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Use all, but usually if you oc with MSI Afterburner, Kombustor will be enough, if you pass Furmark you are 100% sure it is stable, just mind your temps, if you want your card to live that is the most important thing ( ofc don't destroy your gpu with overvolting )

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Use all, but usually if you oc with MSI Afterburner, Kombustor will be enough, if you pass Furmark you are 100% sure it is stable, just mind your temps, if you want your card to live that is the most important thing ( ofc don't destroy your gpu with overvolting )
yeah overvolting is the ting im most worried about how much should I increase it every time? (im new to doing GPUs) I knw I should bump the clocks like 20MHz at a time and stress test but thats about it though I have an ASIC of 89.8% so I shouldnt have to add too much voltage anyway right?

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

They all stress the card differently, though Furmark and Kombustor are interchangeable.

I am against using Kombustor and Furmark for overclocking. I have had many times when the card was stable in Furmark and Kombustor, but failed Heaven after a couple of minutes.

I say that you should go for Heaven and then run 3D Mark to be sure your overclock is stable.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

If you want the card to be very stable, then use all of them and see if any of them creates artifacts in the video like black squares flashing around in furmark and for others see if the benchmark creates random and wierd graphics that arn't supposed to be there. If there is no artifacts, then you will be pretty sure that your card will be stable.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I don't know i have a gtx 670 so i can't overvolot, open a thread about overvolting in general

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I am against using Kombustor and Furmark for overclocking. I have had many times when the card was stable in Furmark and Kombustor, but failed Heaven after a couple of minutes.

I say that you should go for Heaven and then run 3D Mark to be sure your overclock is stable.

I don't get how, because furmark is more stressful than any stability test, yes 3dmark is brutal, but the strongest tests are furmark, Kombustor and 3dmark vantage, since the 3rd is not free... you get it.

and dude it when you do stability testing try watching the entire thing and look for artifacts and glitches, that is the only thing that will make our oc work, so use all 3 and you will be fine, the more of them you try the better, same as cpu testing, it is not over in 10 mins...

System

The only stress test I will suggest from now on is 3DMark and your favorite game. Furmark is silly and the softer Kombuster is too. Heaven works for finding artifacts, but not always. If you're looking for artifacts run CatZilla, you'll see artifacts with in the first few seconds.

I've passed a lot of Kombuster but jumped into 3DMark only to see my rig crash.