did i just outsmart a scammer?

TheTacoSniper

I already typed this out but windows started updates automatically and reset so i can't be bothered to type the whole thing so here is the shortened version. I got a message from a guy saying he could rig a csgo betting site if i gave him my $200 csgo knife. I checked and he was trade banned but he had a $3000 inventory. I messed around with him more and it ended up with him saying that he would transfer $300 in paypal to me as a placeholder and he would give me thousands of dollars worth of skins and I would give him his money back. So i made a new paypal and didnt include any credit card info and I got a payment for $300 us from a strange bank that i have never heard of, but paypal says that i dont get the actual payment until 24hours has passed. Then he tells me that i need to make the trade with an account that he claims is his "girlfriends" because he is trade banned. I tell him that I won't make the trade until i make sure the money is in paypal tomorrow. He keeps messaging me telling me to make the trade with the account. What I don't know is if he can somehow reverse the paypal thingy because I always hear lore of people getting scammed. So as it sits right now, I have his money ( think ) he doesn't have my knife, and think I just outsmarted a scammer I think? (maybe this is all part of his elaborate plan to scam me)  I'm honestly not sure and that's why im here. Ill include screenshots and the chat log. ( I would have put the chat log, but my computer randomly restarted and steam makes all the chat go away)

http://i.imgur.com/UtbfpC5.png

http://i.imgur.com/oACQIiG.png

Is the money real? Is it not a scam? I dunno I need your help!

wow, thats a lot of bees!

dunno. you should try to spend it.

don't talk to him again.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

stop doing these online things with people you don't know or trust.

THIS^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I say wait and see. If you get the money, continue the trade tomorrow. If not, report him.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

dunno. you should try to spend it.

don't talk to him again.

i can't spend it until it shows up in my balance ( it said it can take up to 24 hours)

I mean he can just do a charge back on paypal and get all of his money back at any time 

in the invoice thingy it says that there is no way for him to cancel the gift and that paypal has my back ( elon musk wouldnt do me dirty like that would he?)

100% charge back.

OPSkins is the only safe way to sell items into paypal *my pov*

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

i can't spend it until it shows up in my balance ( it said it can take up to 24 hours)

let the cash post, then transfer it to another account.

don't acknowledge him.

don't do shady deals in the future.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

stop doing these online things with people you don't know or trust.

this is why i took precautions like making new accounts that have no sensitive information ( no ssn or creditcard thingys)

don't acknowledge him.

I was just screwing with him at first and was never going to do the trade, but it somehow ended up with me getting $300

don't acknowledge him.

if I transfer the money to another account is there anyway that he can cancel it there?

this is why i took precautions like making new accounts that have no sensitive information ( no ssn or creditcard thingys)

If you think it's all worth it just for skins or money, okay. Just know that it's definitely not safe.

If you get the money, Say Thanks Baby for the donation, Need to buy a knife to feed my 7 kids. Make sure you add XOXOXO on the end

that sounds like a wonderful idea. Maybe I can finally get that dxracer x)

that sounds like a wonderful idea. Maybe I can finally get that dxracer x)

Now that is how you win at life and its full legal in my eyes as you can say it was a donation

if I transfer the money to another account is there anyway that he can cancel it there?

hell no.

this is how money laundering works. i think...

shut up and keep the money. like it or not you're a blackhat now.

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzA2LzAzLzExL3NpbGljb252YWxsLmE5MWJlLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/dcc87109/abe/siliconvalley15_36-thumb1.jpg

If you do get the money you gotta rub it in his face.

"As a mother of 100 i need to feed my family rice and your small donation has really helped me feed at least 10 of my kids. Since i won't be dealing with as many hungry kids as i would normally do i would like to thank you.

From Africa"

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

He sounds like those old nigerian scams.  "I have lots of investors if you just give us your bank info."

yeah also the name from the person who gave him 300 was saif aljamal. 100% scam to me, but he, you just shouldn't do these things.

SNIP

By continuing to talk to them and engage in the deal you only increased the risk to yourself

Being smart would be walking away and blocking and reporting them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you do get the money you gotta rub it in his face.

"As a mother of 100 i need to feed my family rice and your small donation has really helped me feed at least 10 of my kids. Since i won't be dealing with as many hungry kids as i would normally do i would like to thank you.

From Africa"

LMFAO

By continuing to talk to them and engage in the deal you only increased the risk to yourself

Being smart would be walking away and blocking and reporting them

im just a little kid, being smart isn't really what i'm good at. but I think being stupid just landed me 300 dollars

im just a little kid, being smart isn't really what i'm good at. but I think being stupid just landed me 300 dollars

again, don't talk to him. wait for the 300 to drop, transfer it.

walk away.