Affair site Ashley Madison got hacked!

RazeG3SG1

http://www.wsj.com/articles/affair-website-ashley-madison-hacked-1437402152

The attackers got hold of the database. Imagine all the possibilities... But seriously, how did they got hold of the data? Aren't they all encrypted?

Disclaimer:

I do not side with the cheaters, in fact f*** them!

But from security stand point, this is kinda disturbing considering the fact that the data may not be encrypted.

People care?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i mean...sure it sucks, but who cares, if those people wanted to be assholes to their significant other, they sort of deserve it

In other words,

KARMA'S A BITCH.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

looks like the cheaters are about to get cheated.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

What the fuck. They have a dating website for people who want to have an affair? Why not get a damn divorce. I really mourn for those people's spouses. And fuck the people who use that website.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/affair-website-ashley-madison-hacked-1437402152

The attackers got hold of the database. Imagine all the possibilities... But seriously, how did they got hold if the data? Aren't they all encrypted?

Just because something is encrypted doesnt mean its 100% safe. There will always be exploits or ways of hacking into things.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I can't wait to see the guys release all the names, I think those cheaters deserve punishment

Kinda the point...

+1 for making my day. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I imagine there isn't that much higher of a cheating user base on that site than most quick sex sites, whether they promote it that way or not

Divorce lawyers everywhere are partying.

Plot twist, divorce lawyers are the ones that orchestrated this whole thing.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Kinda the point...

I know someone already posted something of the sort, but i've been dying to use this one so here goes:

CDU8va0XIAIhqOB.jpg

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

They really are great hackers if that is the case. Well, its not a problem to me. Ashley Madison is not a good website though. I hate it.

I'd like to know who the "rich and powerful" people are that these attackers supposedly have the names of. They claim to be doing this for moral reasons, if that was true they would release those names outright.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Divorce lawyers everywhere are partying.

We already party hard, this is just a small boost to the partying.

Any divorce lawyer worth their salt already knows what clients are where and doing what with whom

I'd like to know who the "rich and powerful" people are that these attackers supposedly have the names of. They claim to be doing this for moral reasons, if that was true they would release those names outright.

Yeah, this is obviously a blackmail scheme.

Well ..... the users probably did fill in they are looking for more excitement...Don't see the problem.