NZXT CAM buggy mess

MetaDrow

To other NZXT CAM users, does your CAM software...

1. Use CPU unnecessarily even on idle

2. Raise CPU temps while just being on

3. Fluctuating CPU temp reading (e.g 25C to 35C instantly)

4. All of the above

5. Doing fine here

They still haven't figured it out after months of updates, I usually just leave it off but now that it's summer I'm worried about temps going too high. GPU reading are right as you can see on the screen shot and it seems like more people are having a similar problem. I just wanted to know who else on the forum is experiencing this kind of thing.

CAM version 2.1.4 July 8, 2015

CPU: AMD FX 8350

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo with Noctua NF-F12 Industrial

post-5791-0-11501100-1437446506_thumb.jp

Yes its very unoptimized

Don't leave it running in the background

I have seen lots of people not just get high CPU usage, but also large spikes which cause stuttering during gaming

They recently asked for suggestions from reddit on how to improve so it seems like they are working on it and taking feedback

but it still needs a lot of work before its performance issues dont make it a drawback

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Dang I forgot that existed. I tried it in beta, was pretty resource hoggy. You would be better off with HWinfo. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Oh, my bad. Just got it, and about to install it.  :(

Why so many people suggest Kraken X61 AIO if the CAM software is so buddy?

Oh, my bad. Just got it, and about to install it.  :(

Why so many people suggest Kraken X61 AIO if the CAM software is so buddy?

No idea, I see lots of people suggest CAM software but only a hand full of people mention the issues like the unnecessarily CPU usage.

Yes its very unoptimized

Don't leave it running in the background

I have seen lots of people not just get high CPU usage, but also large spikes which cause stuttering during gaming

They recently asked for suggestions from reddit on how to improve so it seems like they are working on it and taking feedback

but it still needs a lot of work before its performance issues dont make it a drawback

It's been months since they release version 2.0 which only makes it look prettier, I don't expect them to fix it any time soon but at least they are still working on it. I try not to keep it in the background

@Gofspar has it maybe he can attest to any issues / good experiences

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

nope nope and nope

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I have the Kraken X61 and I have noticed only one issue you described and that is the temperature fluctuations... other than that it is OK, I guess? Don't know if I should keep it running or there is literally no point in it...

Just install the CAM software and Grid +.

Notice the program becomes unresponsive when the CPU is under heavy load. Second, the pump speed(I mainly use it to control the water pump) fluctuates for a few moments before settling down when CPU temp increases, instead of just following the fan curve.