Cyberpower CP1500AVRLCD 1500VA 900W UPS display flashing & unit beeping

Hello internet,

I purchased a Cyberpower CP1500AVRLCD 1500VA 900W UPS unit back in October of 2014. Up until now, it seemed to run just fine. This past Wednesday, I get home and find the unit flashing and beeping constantly.

From what I can tell, I can still run the unit on A/C power but the battery for some reason isn't working. I tried resetting the unit but no luck so far.

Any suggestions?

Video:

inb4 shot in portrait mode: it was easier for me as the unit is positioned in an awkward location.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

• 7 months later...
On 2/25/2016 at 6:53 PM, TangoNovember said:

Same issue. Any fix available for it?

None so far. :(

GW2: Vettexl.9726

On 18/07/2015 at 7:04 PM, Vettexl said:

<Snip>

That looks broken to me.

You're not able to boot a computer off the UPS?

Does the UPS have a USB / serial connection to allow a computer to take it's readings?

It's not a race to the bottom.

• 4 months later...

Another one bite the dust...  I have the same problem... Went away for a month. Unplugged everything from the UPS... Turned the UPS off but left it plugged in...  Came back and screen flashing...  Changed the battery's and no help...  

UPDATE:  So yes I did change the battery. There are two... and there is a plastic sandwich in between the two batteries. When you remove the old batteries, you need to cut the plastic tape and separate the two batteries which are wired in series... When I put the new batteries together I NOCKED off one of the wires from the terminal... So when I connected everything up, I put in two live batteries, NOT CONNECTED, so in essence a dead battery...   How did I find this out...

I have a second UPS...  So I took the batteries out of the good unit and put them in the bad unit... Well the batteries worled in the  bad unit...  So the bad unit and OLD GOOD batteries worked....  Put the new batteries in the second good unit and, did not work...  Must be the batteries in some respect...  When I took them apart I saw the one wire not connected to the battery terminal.   Hooked it back on. Connected the battery without putting together, pressed the on button and  voila working...   

CHANGE THE BATTERIES....  BTW I saw many options for batteries.  You need F2 Connectors... Not F1...  I opted for the 9AH battery not the 8...  I got the High Rate battery  45.00  bucks for each, Duracell at Batteries Plus...  

Hope this helps...

• 4 years later...

This is the exact same issue on mine. Are you saying the problem is the battery died?