Custom Desk Build (Project Yellow Panther)

PeggersXtreme

Beast AF. Great job with it!

Thanks man :)

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Loops are filled :) I will sort the cables out once I have got all the air out of the loops

It would probally have been easier to deal with cables as you put parts in, as you can hide cables behind stuff easier that way.

Other wise, nice build.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

It would probally have been easier to deal with cables as you put parts in, as you can hide cables behind stuff easier that way.

Other wise, nice build.

Yeah I did things a bit backwards lol

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Loops are filled :) I will sort the cables out once I have got all the air out of the loops

Even though you said you like the yellow, it still looks a lot like Skunkworks from J2C.

I still love it.

Mostly cabled up just need to do the hard drives

post-179175-0-13247600-1442696793_thumb.

Custom PC:

Mostly cabled up just need to do the hard drives

that looks great!  I would've been temped to share the rad space by making it one loop but with 4x360 rads I think you've got it under control!  ;)

I saw you were asking about rotating fittings?  I just started using some a couple weeks ago and didn't really realize what they were til I got them.  I'm impressed with them so far though and have only heard a couple people warning of "weeping" after a period of time.

Can't wait to see it with all the finishing touches!  

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Desk is almost done just need to make sure everything is working correctly then put the glass and lid on :)post-179175-0-90378900-1442788028_thumb.

Custom PC:

My monitor is a bit bulky once I get my new one it should be able to go back further plus I have an extra mod for this in mind for the future of making this into a corner desk so I can see the PC on my right hand side without the monitor in the way :)

Custom PC:

Wow that looks nice. I love the color scheme, too.

Thanks, I need to get some more white LED strips the side ones don't light up the centre portion of the PC so I was thinking of getting some wall plug in ones and sticking them to the lid of the desk the whole length of it :)

Custom PC:

Thanks, I need to get some more white LED strips the side ones don't light up the centre portion of the PC so I was thinking of getting some wall plug in ones and sticking them to the lid of the desk the whole length of it :)

What about mounting some on the top, where there IO plates are? Then have them face downwards and it will light up the mobo along with the GPUs.

Having them run along the top would probably give the best light but since it's so high up I'd probably want to add a diffuser to not directly see the bright lights themselves.

Having them run along the top would probably give the best light but since it's so high up I'd probably want to add a diffuser to not directly see the bright lights themselves.

Yeah the others are down the sides of the rads so they are aren't glaring in my eyes lol do you know what would be the better solution between esata 3gb/s and USB 3.0 the 3.5" drives are going to be put in external enclosure just because they are ugly and bulky so not so easy to mount in the desk they are going to hold the games I don't play that often and content creation files looking for best speed and most reliable.

Custom PC:

Yeah the others are down the sides of the rads so they are aren't glaring in my eyes lol do you know what would be the better solution between esata 3gb/s and USB 3.0 the 3.5" drives are going to be put in external enclosure just because they are ugly and bulky so not so easy to mount in the desk they are going to hold the games I don't play that often and content creation files looking for best speed and most reliable.

If it's just your storage drives you could use USB 3.0 and which does work and it wouldn't bottle neck anything since the mechanical drive itself is only so fast. You could get a HDD silencer or cover to mount inside the system if you don't want it to look out of place, I use one for mine since I didn't want it to just sit out in the open and look out of place.

SCH-1000.jpg

If it's just your storage drives you could use USB 3.0 and which does work and it wouldn't bottle neck anything since the mechanical drive itself is only so fast. You could get a HDD silencer or cover to mount inside the system if you don't want it to look out of place, I use one for mine since I didn't want it to just sit out in the open and look out of place.

SCH-1000.jpg

It's also a cable issue for me I have pretty much hardly anymore space and length for me that is causing issue from putting them inside aswell I don't want to use extenders as it will look odd compared my cable mod cables do you think USB 3.0 will be better than Esata also is 3.0 forward compatible with 3.1 cause my motherboard says all its Usb are 3.1 accept 2 which are 2.0

Custom PC:

It's also a cable issue for me I have pretty much hardly anymore space and length for me that is causing issue from putting them inside aswell I don't want to use extenders as it will look odd compared my cable mod cables do you think USB 3.0 will be better than Esata also is 3.0 forward compatible with 3.1 cause my motherboard says all its Usb are 3.1 accept 2 which are 2.0

Esata would be a more permanent type of connection compared to USB3.0 but it you ever plan to move your drive around USB3.0 is more versatile for that since it's an external drive.

Esata would be a more permanent type of connection compared to USB3.0 but it you ever plan to move your drive around USB3.0 is more versatile for that since it's an external drive.

I was looking at a oraco dual 3.5" with fan enclosure it has both Esata and USB 3.0 compatibility I just don't know whether to get the Esata expansion card and use it as Esata :)

Custom PC:

Really like the layout. Did I miss the post about the thermals you were getting?

I would just stick with USB3. You won't need any other equipment for connections and the bandwidth USB3 has could manage the HDD at full tilt (it is just one external correct?). I've had a few Oraco items and they work overall pretty well but made cheap as they will start loosing pieces quickly. Read the reviews to make sure the fan and connections last on it.

Really like the layout. Did I miss the post about the thermals you were getting?

I would just stick with USB3. You won't need any other equipment for connections and the bandwidth USB3 has could manage the HDD at full tilt (it is just one external correct?). I've had a few Oraco items and they work overall pretty well but made cheap as they will start loosing pieces quickly. Read the reviews to make sure the fan and connections last on it.

I ordered this one

http://www.amazon.com/Orico-3529Sus3-C-Aluminum-Esata-Drive/dp/B00MA5ZHE2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1442847206&sr=8-4&keywords=orico+dual+bay+esata it has both e-sata and USB 3.0 I was going to see which was quicker and then use which ever one provides best performance at least this way I can use it with USB or E-sata :) it's only going to be holding video files pictures, documents on one of the 4TB SSHD's and then Games on the Other 4TB SSHD I don't expect them to get more than 180mb/s each so they wont see a performance drop with USB 3 but they might with esata as it is only 300mb/s and both drives share the same connection. But then they wont be used at the same time anyway I could always span both the drives and make them combined size.

Custom PC:

I will post some temps in a bit but for the time being I thought this would be enough eye candy :)

post-179175-0-42917800-1442859687.jpg

Custom PC:

Here's the temps when idle and at stock at the moment I'm not sure if the temps are quite right for some reason i'm sure they should be lower but then i'm not use to having a 8 core 16 thread cpu gpu's are both at 36C idle

post-179175-0-30805900-1442871440.jpg

EDIT: Just stressed testing it now and it's hitting 50C at stock is that reasonable?

Custom PC:

What drives do you have? Those are some great numbers.

I agree 32 at idle seems high considering the rad space but its not a number to get upset with. 

From that picture I see what you were getting at with the LED's fading in the center. Does it look that dark in person? Whats the yellow glow around the CPU block area?

What drives do you have? Those are some great numbers.

I agree 32 at idle seems high considering the rad space but its not a number to get upset with. 

From that picture I see what you were getting at with the LED's fading in the center. Does it look that dark in person? Whats the yellow glow around the CPU block area?

I have 4 Samsung 850 Evo's in Raid 0 for games and a Samsung M.2 256gb I can't remember the model for boot drive. Yeah the LED's are quite faint in the centre of the PC in person and the cpu block glow is the MSI Xpower logo lighting up :) I might end up doing some modifications to the lid to get more air into the PC those numbers don't seem that great to me at all. 56C on 100% load isn't so bad though.

Custom PC:

Here's my Cinebench R15 scores at stock speeds I will be overclocking tonight so will test the temps and test again. post-179175-0-78965500-1442928574.jpg

Custom PC:

Here's my Cinebench R15 scores at stock speeds I will be overclocking tonight so will test the temps and test again. 

I won't get this score even after overclock to 4.6. :)