Custom Desk Build (Project Yellow Panther)

PeggersXtreme

That's like 4 Christmases for me :D.

That desk looks sweeet so far.

Yeah tbh its more like 20 Christmases for me too lol and thanks yeah i'm hoping to have the desk complete within the next  couple weeks. I now need to decide whether to use my 750ti as a dedicated PhysX card with this build I used it with my GTX760 and didn't really see any benefit in my PhysX games

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I think I must be experiencing some kind of bottleneck testing the cards before putting their blocks on ready The test system has a AMD FX8320 stock and 12gb of DDR3 and with a single titan X with GTA on max settings with 8x AA and 1050p resolution (Still waiting for my new monitor to arrive) I am only getting 43FPS :(

My bet is the CPU lol

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Watercooling stuff and final parts arriving today :)

Custom PC:

All the Parts have now arrived and I have Tested them all before putting blocks on etc. I also thought I would bench test it on Firestrike :P

Few issues I did come across is that my M.2 SSD is only getting speeds of 700mbs reads and writes when it quotes on the spec sheet that it does up to 2000mb/s read and 1500mb/s read speeds is this becuase I have three graphics cards installed 2 x Titan X and 1 x 750ti for PhysX

Also what do you guys think about getting a block for the 750ti and including it in the loop so it looks good lol would the 750ti EK FC block line up with the Titan X EK FC block so I can use the EK terminal connector.

post-179175-0-59398300-1438853077.jpg

Custom PC:

PeggersXtreme,

Looks solid, is there a reason you don't have them venting out of the top?  Might help keep the piping nice and clean between them and optimize air flow over the board for the VRM's.  Another option could be to use the side pockets so long as the side pockets are open in the back.  Not ideal for CD's but hey, CD's aren't ideal anyways.   :lol:

I have been planning the loop out this week now everything has arrived and it looks like I will be putting two of the radiators in the side pockets might put the pumps in the posckets too keep the not so pleasing to the eye out of site lol the other two radiators might go at the top still not sure on that as the top has a lid and I am trying to avoid cutting holes in the main frame becuase the wood isn't that easy to cut it chips the finish off quite easily but the back board which is just MDF is much easier so I will look in to it but thanks for the pocket idea for the radiators CD's are pretty useless to me anyway lol so they can stay in the box in the back of my cupboard lol :P

Custom PC:

All the Parts have now arrived and I have Tested them all before putting blocks on etc. I also thought I would bench test it on Firestrike :P

Few issues I did come across is that my M.2 SSD is only getting speeds of 700mbs reads and writes when it quotes on the spec sheet that it does up to 2000mb/s read and 1500mb/s read speeds is this becuase I have three graphics cards installed 2 x Titan X and 1 x 750ti for PhysX

Also what do you guys think about getting a block for the 750ti and including it in the loop so it looks good lol would the 750ti EK FC block line up with the Titan X EK FC block so I can use the EK terminal connector.

PeggersXtreme,

I'm operating purely off of memory on this so pardon me if I'm a bit off, but I believe current production on M.2 is only maxed out at PCIe x1 which maxes out at around 1Gbps.  Taking away about 20% overhead for communications traffic would put you in the 800 Mbps range.  Like I said I could be mistaken, but this would mean their rated speeds are way off and not possible.  It also could be a factor that your board's M.2 is only 1 lane and the SSD is built for 4 lane (not sure if this is adopted or standardized yet).  Just some thoughts that might put you on the right path for diagnosing your problem.

Hope this Helps.

PeggersXtreme,

I'm operating purely off of memory on this so pardon me if I'm a bit off, but I believe current production on M.2 is only maxed out at PCIe x1 which maxes out at around 1Gbps.  Taking away about 20% overhead for communications traffic would put you in the 800 Mbps range.  Like I said I could be mistaken, but this would mean their rated speeds are way off and not possible.  It also could be a factor that your board's M.2 is only 1 lane and the SSD is built for 4 lane (not sure if this is adopted or standardized yet).  Just some thoughts that might put you on the right path for diagnosing your problem.

Hope this Helps.

I'm wondering if it was because I had three graphics cards plugged in I might have to leave the 750ti out of this build the SSD is 4x on x99 only or at least that's what I read. I'm going to run some tests and see if the 750ti gives any improvement in performance for PhysX or if the SSD gives more worthwhile improvements

Custom PC:

Update!

So my desk is almost done and I will soon be able to start the building process log for the actual PC however I have a few problems and I was hoping you guys would be able to help.

So I started placing parts where I would like them to go and I realised that the PETG tubing won't be long enough being that it only comes in lengths of 500mm, The tubing and fittings I am using is XSPC as I think they look awesome against my reservoirs, My question is, is there a way to extend this tubing I looked at praps getting female adapters but from my understanding they have to be the same brand as the tubing otherwise you risk leak and XSPC don't do any of these style fittings as far as I can see.

My next problem which isnt so much of a problem but a dilema is at the moment I have 2 x 250gb samsung 850 evo ssd's for my most played games which I am going to raid 0 to maximise size and speed (might be a bad idea?) should I get 2 more to make 1tb or do you recon 2 should be enough as I already have 2 x 4tb SSHD's going in aswell and a boot ssd of 256gb.

Last problem is liquid I cant work out how much liquid I need for this build quite simply I think it will be trial and error I bought 3 litres which I thought would be enough but now I think my reservoir's will need half of that as they are roughly 45cm tall by 5cm diameter (maybe I should have got the 25cm verison :/)

Cheers Guys.

Custom PC:

Your fine on storage.

Lol I think I have a bit too much but what I meant by the SSD's was would 4 in raid 0 be any better than 2 my steam library is around 1047gb at the moment so obviously I would only store my most played games on the SSD's anyway the rest will go on one of my 4TB WD SSHD drives.

Custom PC:

-SNIP-

They do make longer sections of PETG tubing such as the ones from Monsoon (36"), but there are fittings like theses that can let you extend the PETG tube:

Fitting:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-bitspower-g1-4-matte-black-enhance-dual-multi-link-for-acrylic-tube-od-12mm.html

Tubing (hardline):

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=petg

They do make longer sections of PETG tubing such as the ones from Monsoon (36"), but there are fittings like theses that can let you extend the PETG tube:

Fitting:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/hot-bitspower-g1-4-matte-black-enhance-dual-multi-link-for-acrylic-tube-od-12mm.html

Tubing (hardline):

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=petg

I found some 3/4" threaded female to female adapters that I can use to extend the tubing I already bought all the XSPC fittings and they are non-returnable so I need to stick with their tubing for the best and most secure fit.

Custom PC:

I love desk builds. following.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

Update:

So went a bit overkill and got another 2 Samsung 850 Evo 250gb for my most played games I will set them up in a raid 0 as safety isn't as important as capacity and speed when it comes to games. So the storage for this machine is now 2 x 4TB WD Blue SSHD drives for less played games and for my YouTube Video Content and Photography files and then 4 x 250gb Samsung 850 evo's to be setup in raid 0 for my most played games and then a m.2 256gb Samsung boot drive capable of upto 2150mb/s reads and 1200mb/s writes  

Custom PC:

Quick question for anyone living in the UK where's the best place to get a few extra fittings all the UK online watercooling stores I know of charge stupid shipping charges like £6 for 3 fittings you gotta be having a bubble that's a rip off.

Custom PC:

Update:

Getting so close to starting to put parts in.

Looking good?

This is the top part of the desk the other part is built and currently in use until this part is ready.

post-179175-0-74946300-1439416562_thumb.

post-179175-0-74946300-1439416562_thumb.

Custom PC:

Considering there would have been a top to it I think it would have looked better if the motherboard was rotated 90 but I think it looks pretty sweet.

Considering there would have been a top to it I think it would have looked better if the motherboard was rotated 90 but I think it looks pretty sweet.

I'm actually thinking of changing it the back board I used isn't quite thick enough so I'm going to get a thicker back board and consider mounting the motherboard the other way :)

Custom PC:

I've always been a fan of the rotated look (silently trying to figure out something to get my own). If you were looking for opinions on whether you should or not this is my vote to top I/O. :)

What Corsair case did you take from to get the tray/rear?

I've always been a fan of the rotated look (silently trying to figure out something to get my own). If you were looking for opinions on whether you should or not this is my vote to top I/O. :)

What Corsair case did you take from to get the tray/rear?

It was my old Air 540 it was pretty much falling apart the hdd holders snapped without me even touching them after just 8 months so I decided to drill all the rivets out and use the tray for this project

Custom PC:

The extra two Samsung 850 evo's arrived :)

Custom PC:

Custom build is getting there slowly almost gave up and bought a corsair 780t a couple times due to really annoying problems first one being tubing being too short but I have now overcome that problem by remaking the back board and moving parts around and now i'm having problems deciding how to mount the power supply :/

Custom PC:

You can just buy a fitting that takes a pipe in both ends to extend the lenght of the tube?

My 800D buildlog

DSLR: Nikon D5100/kit lense + batterygrip

You can just buy a fitting that takes a pipe in both ends to extend the lenght of the tube?

I could do that but I wanted to keep the tubing clean and adding more fittings ruins the look I have found a fix got the tubing problem now by moving parts around.

My main concern at the moment is will the pc be safe to mount vertically in my desk design. I don't want my 5960x and titan x's to come crashing down.

Custom PC: