Have You ever deliberately or mistakingly voided a product warranty? (+open poll)

As the title suggests, Have you ever voided product warranty while repairing or maintaining a product or just plain screwing with things you didn't understand?

@LinusTech approves this thread

7b5cf3edce381acb6eca064350469a14_400x400

Details separate people.

well they say it voids your warranty if you take your gpu apart but ive heard differently, i changed the thermal paste, i also took about 5 xbox 360s apart to clean them. ive always been careful with my stuff though so ive never had to return them so voiding has never been an issue.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I stuck my dick in a 580 and they told me i'm an idiot.

NEVER AGAIN GIGABYTE, NEVER AGAIN

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

pretty much I voided warranty on every electronics I owned

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

gid you get 1080pness after that?

FPS went down to 69 during Gayming.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I guess so. It always says that if you take the sticker on you void the warranty but my OCD does not allow for crappy stickers.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Nope... I always clarify the coverage of the warranty before purchase...

especially when dealing with prebuilts whose warranty stickers are on the case panel seams or on the case screws...

prebuilt makers really need to learn that having the user clean the machine should not void the warranty...

then again... if I was to sell prebuilts, I'd first assess the understanding of the user before selecting the warranty terms that would apply to the customer... if the customer is an absolute non-techie, I'd have the warranty voided by cleaning the innards (but schedule them for free quarterly cleaning for 2 years max) and installing pirated software (and exclude malware infection from the warranty coverage)...

Hmmm my first laptop, first smartphone (technically), and soon to be GPU all on purpose

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Yep, voided both my GPUs warranty  when I inserted my screw driver tip into the screws with stickers on tĥem saying "do not do this".

blackshades on

I've been really careful with all my belongings yet still get voided. I don't know why! Maybe I'm just too clumsy for this matter.

Yes. I like to take things a part and mess with then.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

I fixed my phone and in doing so broke the warranty. CBA to wait however many weeks it probably would have taken nokia to get it back to me. 

quick tip!

i use a hairdryer loads of time and a pair of tweezers to get warranty stickers of. (allbeit this is only for cleaning the insides of laptops and such)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I d9n't have any s0are money in case amy hardware breaks, so I keep it intact just incase

On purpose yes, do I tell anyone when i need to do a return? Nope.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

when HAVEN'T i voided a warranty ...

the only thing without voided warranty is my gtx 980 (kinda voided with the custom bios that i removed cuz its being rma then upgraded to the 980ti #win)

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Well if my Warranty is not already voided by the fact that I'm going to have to open up the phone and repair the damage that might have voided the warranty in the first place, then yes.

Actually I face a dilemma of should I keep the phone White or get the Black display and frame and shell.

(Also I still have yet to find out if I can use a display/frame for XT1063 on XT1064.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

If it still has a warranty, it's probably not mine.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

It's not yours until you void the warranty :D

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Got my HP desktop... on the second day i open it up and ghetto mount a fan on the side panel as it had no air going in to the case.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers