STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

Anything I missed or did wrong in my guide? Just wanna check with ya :)

Hmm

If you wouldn't recommend CX don't recommend 500/600B. In fact according to OCN, CX500/600 are actually preferred over 500/600B.

And some to add, stay away from Silverstone Strider Essential and Thermaltake TR2

"Rawr XD"

-snip-

-snip-

yay, my PSU is included in your list STRMfrmXMN and is deemed 'Good' in your list Enderman.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

yay, my PSU is included in your list STRMfrmXMN and is deemed 'Good' in your list Enderman.

Earthwatts is good :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hmm

If you wouldn't recommend CX don't recommend 500/600B. In fact according to OCN, CX500/600 are actually preferred over 500/600B.

And some to add, stay away from Silverstone Strider Essential and Thermaltake TR2

They are a little bit cheaper, right? For the money they are pretty good from what I can see. I'll put a disclaimer in there :P

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They are a little bit cheaper, right? For the money they are pretty good from what I can see. I'll put a disclaimer in there :P

Vreg and hold-up time are slightly better on x00B but CX ripple suppression is much better

"Rawr XD"

Another excellent reference guide is http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html for checking up on any particular psu. It's handy to see who the OEM is for each unit and they keep this fairly up to date which is nice.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Another excellent reference guide is http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html for checking up on any particular psu. It's handy to see who the OEM is for each unit and they keep this fairly up to date which is nice.

I used that a ton when making this list :)

Vreg and hold-up time are slightly better on x00B but CX ripple suppression is much better

Do you think I should include the CX-series? I generally avoid recommending it so it feels wrong to put it on there but I mean if you think it's a good idea...

Yay! I bought a good PSU!

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Yay! I bought a good PSU!

Which PSU? Remember; it may be good but I never mentioned anything about value for the vast majority of these PSUs

Please blacklist:

Dynamics

CDR-King

Intex

MorrLogic

Gray list:

FSP Hexa

Whitelist:

FSP Aurum

These are brand models - not OEM units (talking about the FSP stuff there). I haven't heard of the first 4 things you mentioned so it's probably good to leave them out :P

I wish I could favorite threads.

Someone pin this.

I have a few threads I wouldn't mind getting pinned xD

I don't think this will be pinned though. Some of this is somewhat subjective. I would love to see it pinned however 

Which PSU? Remember; it may be good but I never mentioned anything about value for the vast majority of these PSUs

Capstone-M. As far as I can remember, I don't have any issues. Actually it doesn't line up with the holes on my case, but that might be because of my case.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Capstone-M. As far as I can remember, I don't have any issues. Actually it doesn't line up with the holes on my case, but that might be because of my case.

That is a bizarre issue :/ 

Nonetheless I can guarantee with some amount of certainty that it won't blow up in your face :)

That is a bizarre issue :/ 

Nonetheless I can guarantee with some amount of certainty that it won't blow up in your face :)

Haven't in almost a year xD

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Love seasonic. I love knowing they come with a 7 year warranty.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Das good. 

Are you being sarcastic about Super Flower....

Some of the EVGA line are just tastier Super Flowers. 

Not to mention the Super Flower 8PACK 2000W is a beast. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@STRMfrmXMN: What exactly is the difference between Corsair's RM-series and the new RMi-series?

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Do you think I should include the CX-series? I generally avoid recommending it so it feels wrong to put it on there but I mean if you think it's a good idea...

I'm more against the x00B then I am for with the CX

"Rawr XD"