Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

Well time to cancel my order and wait for the Asus PG348Q hopefully isnt the same.

My Friends are all steering me away from 21:9 completely and say I should get a standard aspect ratio so many opinion leaves me wondering what to do my two choices are: LG 34UC87 or Acer Predator XB270HU

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

My Friends are all steering me away from 21:9 completely and say I should get a standard aspect ratio so many opinion leaves me wondering what to do my two choices are: LG 34UC87 or Acer Predator XB270HU

I probably should wait but I don't think I am. I don't see the asus being much better since it will be the same screen as x34. Unless they got some ace up their sleeve. I've been using a 24" 2ms 1080p for five years. I'm going to wait for the gsync ultrawide market to mature a bit for a true out of box 100hz not this 60hz default overclock at your own risk BS.

I probably should wait but I don't think I am. I don't see the asus being much better since it will be the same screen as x34. Unless they got some ace up their sleeve. I've been using a 24" 2ms 1080p for five years. I'm going to wait for the gsync ultrawide market to mature a bit for a true out of box 100hz not this 60hz default overclock at your own risk BS.

The LG here in the UK at the moment has a tasty £499 price it's on sale or I could get the acer XB270HU for £597 with glorious IPS and 144hz such a hard choice :(

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I don't recommend it now at 60hz is just bullshit for gaming, but 100hz seems doable but it's still not 144hz sadly. DP 1.2 can only do 109hz max :(

Leaning towards taking your advice and getting the Acer XB270HU. The only other option is the LG 34UC87 but that means being stuck at 60hz and benq's 144hz Ultrawide is too small resolution at 2560x1080 35"

Custom PC:

The LG here in the UK at the moment has a tasty £499 price it's on sale or I could get the acer XB270HU for £597 with glorious IPS and 144hz such a hard choice :(

I'm just upset that there's already sketchy things people are saying about the x34. I'm going to hold my breath and wait for an in depth review before I go the LG route. Hopefully there's some warranty I can get that covers the overclocking thing.

I'm just upset that there's already sketchy things people are saying about the x34. I'm going to hold my breath and wait for an in depth review before I go the LG route. Hopefully there's some warranty I can get that covers the overclocking thing.

If there isn't any warranty it's definitely not worth $1000+

Custom PC:

Just cancelled myself. i bought a xb270hu, and sent it back and ordered the x34.. as i thought it was coming out in august. now i have to ordered a new xb270hu from the same people. this might get awkward

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Yea. reviews are mixed. One guy has coil whine and huge yellow corner. Other guys have no problems. Little yellow on one end and that is it. We need to see how we can handle advertised 100hz and overclocking it on our risk.

Well best bet is to order and hope we get best possible monitor. Order from amazon as they don't have any questions when we return product we don't like.

Yea. reviews are mixed. One guy has coil whine and huge yellow corner. Other guys have no problems. Little yellow on one end and that is it. We need to see how we can handle advertised 100hz and overclocking it on our risk.

Well best bet is to order and hope we get best possible monitor. Order from amazon as they don't have any questions when we return product we don't like.

You still have to pay postage for bad backlight bleed

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

You still have to pay postage for bad backlight bleed

Meanwhile I will get this monitor for half the price because everyone who buys it at full price decides to return it if it has a very minor defect.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Meanwhile I will get this monitor for half the price because everyone who buys it at full price decides to return it if it has a very minor defect.

Well, you will also get a shorter warranty, might have a bad defect and could have bad backlight bleed

Well, you will also get a shorter warranty, might have a bad defect and could have bad backlight bleed

Nope. I nearly bought 10 of them already and made a big profit on them ;)

They come with rest of the warranty so 21-23 months. And free return shipping within 14 days.

I kept the best for me of course, this one doesn't have death pixel and the backligtbleeding is minimal, not that I really care.

I play Evolve a lot and almost all the maps are at night are, so unless you watch movies with black bars on a monitor, what's so bad about lightbleeding.

I really hope ACER steps up their panel quality for this ultrawide

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Nope. I nearly bought 10 of them already and made a big profit on them ;)

They come with rest of the warranty so 21-23 months. And free return shipping within 14 days.

I kept the best for me of course, this one doesn't have death pixel and the backligtbleeding is minimal, not that I really care.

I play Evolve a lot and almost all the maps are at night are, so unless you watch movies with black bars on a monitor, what's so bad about lightbleeding.

I really hope ACER steps up their panel quality for this ultrawide

Well with the comments of owners, it seems they might of had better QC on it. Not seen many problems apart from one person having problems with a electronic sound coming from the monitor at 100hz, other people have not had the problem though

Well with the comments of owners, it seems they might of had better QC on it. Not seen many problems apart from one person having problems with a electronic sound coming from the monitor at 100hz, other people have not had the problem though

Damn compared to my previous LG Cinema monitor the actual motherboard and cooling on this monitor is freaking HUGE. It feels like we are back in CRT area.

acer_xb270hu-2.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yeah I saw that review. That makes me happy that there's still hope ^.^

So I have seen that people were saying Amazon has the x34 Predator for pre-order?

If so can someone provide a link?

Thanks.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/UM.CX1SA.002

it up for sale now on the website?

EDIT: the buy button is there but its not working anymore?

If you click the buy button it takes you down to the bottom where it says it is not availble.  Still $1700 AUD is 1600 CAD.. EEsh this is going to be EXPENSIVE!

On the Canadian Acer Website it isn't even being shown ;(

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

It's only with this monitor some people got it faster than pro studios for tests that helps to push sales? it's so ridiculous.

And I'm still guessing if it's possible to do graphic, photo/video editing, + work with multiple documents opened at ones + gaming on this monitor? Or for example Philips 40 inches with 4k and 60Hz is still better for that purpose? Or any other 34' monitors and even 32' monitors with 4K resolution.

Also,  they are less expensive and I could get them straight away andI'm not looking specifecly for gaming monitor, but it's good to have all in one.

Well, it was worrying at first but it seems it holds true that those with bad experiences speak before those with enjoyable ones. Hopefully the trend of people showing good results keeps going. I imagine they released to Germany first was because of lack of stock, releasing to a smaller country first would help spread word but let them keep production pace. 

What is the deal with the price though? I was considering it to be my top dollar at $1250-1300 but now rumors of it being $1500? There is absolutely no way I can swing that.

We are much smaller then Germany (5 mls ppl only), no any shop have them. One advert September, one say they have them, but if you try to order, out of stock, all others advert show up of this monitor on their warehouses only at the end of October. Nobody know how many pcs they will recieve and the date.

The price same as in Germany 1300 euro and more. I think so, it's all the same around EU.

I ordered the Acer XB270U instead I will probably get a nice 4k TV for movies

Custom PC: