Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

Anyone know what sort of frame rate my pc would get at 4K

CPU: intel 5960X

GPU: Titan X 2-way SLI

Ram: 64gb Vengeance

SSD: Samsung  256gb SM951 M.2 Boot Drive

Storage : Samsung 840 evo 250gb X 4 raid 0 game storage.

Don't go 4K it's shit. 2560x1440 or 3440x1440 is definitely the way to go :P

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Don't go 4K it's shit. 2560x1440 or 3440x1440 is definitely the way to go :P

TheConverter says "Only 10 percent of games support 21.9, I will still suggest 21.9 though"

I would wait for the ACER X34

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

TheConverter says "Only 10 percent of games support 21.9, I will still suggest 21.9 though"

I would wait for the ACER X34

I don't recommend it now at 60hz is just bullshit for gaming, but 100hz seems doable but it's still not 144hz sadly. DP 1.2 can only do 109hz max :(

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't recommend it now at 60hz is just bullshit for gaming, but 100hz seems doable but it's still not 144hz sadly. DP 1.2 can only do 109hz max :(

You cannot really notice a difference between 100hz and 144hz

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Ordered it a about a month ago and just go this email from scan.

Thank you for your order from Scan.

Please regard this email as an active notification of a delay in your order, due to a temporary shortage in stock of the following item/s:

1. LN65130 - 34 Acer Pred X34 Curved G-Sync
Estimated Lead Date 09/10/2015

Should you require any further information or assistance, or wish to make any amendments to your order, please reply to this email or alternatively contact our Customer support team on 0871 472 4747.

Rest assured your custom is greatly valued and your complete order will be automatically despatched as soon as stock is available. We will send you further emails to confirm the successful completion and despatch.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Adam Barnett
Scan Computers

Ordered it a about a month ago and just go this email from scan.

I got the same email a few days ago

Well... just to throw another wrench in the bag...

I live in Sweden. When I preordered the X34 the expected release date was Sept 8. Just got an email today saying new expected release is NOV 20!!!!

All sites in Sweden are now showing around this timeframe.

WTF!!! Two month delay?!?!? Ridiculous!

They must be having some SERIOUS quality control issues to put off release on a very highly anticipated monitor. 

What games at what settings

hopefully max settings and games like GTA V, Battlefield, Ark Survival which I know definitely won't play at max and a bunch of racing games things like grid autosport and project cars.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I live in Sweden. When I preordered the X34 the expected release date was Sept 8. Just got an email today saying new expected release is NOV 20!!!!

They must be having some SERIOUS quality control issues to put off release on a very highly anticipated monitor. 

Thats worrying makes me wonder if Acer are just throwing dates out there but have no clue when this monitor will really be ready it's not good for selling a product as the hype will soon drop off if they keep delaying it.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Think I might go with the swift IPS 144hz comes out soon :)

Custom PC:

I am thinking of just getting the Dell U3414W for $1060 aud, since I'm not sure I want to keep waiting and with all of Acer's QC uncertainties...

LG just needs to step in and take care of all us hungry monitor lovers and release an X34 equivalent.  :D

Now that's a good idea my monitor would match my speakers if LG went and did that and we could rely on quality from LG

Custom PC:

We that is good then, it means that they are fixing them and the monitor should be good

I think i'm going to consider this one http://www.ebuyer.com/702217-lg-34uc87-b-34-curved-ultra-wide-qhd-monitor-34uc87m-b

I know it's 60hz without G-sync but at 3440x1440 I can't help but think how many times and how often I would need to upgrade to get over 60fps at that resolution. Also in my personal opinion the Acer X34 Gsync version is butt ugly with that logo and the red buttons, I prefer the Free sync versions design a lot more. I'm not saying I'm not going to get the Acer but the more I look into monitors I really think the LG is a nicer monitor maybe not with the feature set that the x34 has but screen tearing has never bothered me much since I usually have adaptive V-sync on which may not be as smooth as free sync or G-sync but is better than tearing and stuttering and it doesn't have 75hz or 100hz but for me I don't find that a big deal I actually find 60hz to be fine and don't really notice any difference when immersed in a game. The LG's biggest advantage is the colour correction is slightly better than the acer from a content creation point of view. All I need to find out now is if 21:9 is supported widely enough for me to buy one I don't want to get one and find I end up playing most my games with black bars on each side because if that would be the case I might as well save my self a bit of money and go with a 144hz ips 16:9 monitor either the Asus Swift or the Acer

Custom PC:

I think i'm going to consider this one http://www.ebuyer.com/702217-lg-34uc87-b-34-curved-ultra-wide-qhd-monitor-34uc87m-b

I know it's 60hz without G-sync but at 3440x1440 I can't help but think how many times and how often I would need to upgrade to get over 60fps at that resolution. Also in my personal opinion the Acer X34 Gsync version is butt ugly with that logo and the red buttons, I prefer the Free sync versions design a lot more. I'm not saying I'm not going to get the Acer but the more I look into monitors I really think the LG is a nicer monitor maybe not with the feature set that the x34 has but screen tearing has never bothered me much since I usually have adaptive V-sync on which may not be as smooth as free sync or G-sync but is better than tearing and stuttering and it doesn't have 75hz or 100hz but for me I don't find that a big deal I actually find 60hz to be fine and don't really notice any difference when immersed in a game. The LG's biggest advantage is the colour correction is slightly better than the acer from a content creation point of view. All I need to find out now is if 21:9 is supported widely enough for me to buy one I don't want to get one and find I end up playing most my games with black bars on each side because if that would be the case I might as well save my self a bit of money and go with a 144hz ips 16:9 monitor either the Asus Swift or the Acer

Let me know if you go that route instead of the X34. I'm deciding on that same exact display too.

I think this monitor will be at IFA which is next week

While I play the Witcher 3 with my single 980 at 2560x1440p DSR, GPU settings set to the highest, AA to the second highest option, and hair works is set for the main character models, I maintain 60 FPS, occasionally, when I bring the camera up to Geralt, my frames will drop to 51. 

As for the monitor, cannot wait to pick it up.

I've gone off it I hated the design the minute I saw it and yes the features are good I can see this monitor having a lot of problems just look at the Asus PG278Q it was the worlds first 1440p 144hz monitor and so many people's have failed. I'm now considering the LG 34UC87 or as much as I hate Asus the PG278Q or the Acer s277HK but not so sure about 4k.

Custom PC:

Let me know if you go that route instead of the X34. I'm deciding on that same exact display too.

If LG put a G-sync module in it and kept one HDMI port I would go for it without thought. When G-sync comes into play higher refresh isn't as important as it use to be.

Custom PC:

I've gone off it I hated the design the minute I saw it and yes the features are good I can see this monitor having a lot of problems just look at the Asus PG278Q it was the worlds first 1440p 144hz monitor and so many people's have failed. I'm now considering the LG 34UC87 or as much as I hate Asus the PG278Q or the Acer s277HK but not so sure about 4k.

You should at least wait for it. I will be buying a 3440x1440p soon and then sending it back within 30 days so I get my money back and then the ACER monitor will be released

You should at least wait for it. I will be buying a 3440x1440p soon and then sending it back within 30 days so I get my money back and then the ACER monitor will be released

I really don't like glossy plastic on anything reason why when the Xbox 360 slim came out I bought the 4gb matte version and got the 250gb hdd separate for it. no idea why I bought a Xbox used it for a year then haven't used it since. lol

Custom PC:

totally annoyed about this now considering 4k or a surround set up with Gsync, Really like ultrawides just a few things that put me off backlight bleed seems to be worse and the stand design on a lot of them isn't particularly nice. If only that acer 2560x1440p 144hz ips gsync panel had a hdmi port like this predator my mind would be made up.

2560 should stay at 27" personally and HDMI wouldn't have nearly enough bandwidth for 144hz. That would be nice. 1080P surround setup with Gsync with Super Sampling might be a nice way to go if you don't want to wait.

This is the response I got from Acer via Twitter concerning the X34 release date. Semi-good news for the US folks anyway. I've asked a follow up question for the EU markets as there is where I live. Waiting for a response on that now. If I get one I'll post it here as well. 

@JStrongPhoto The X34 with GSync will be available in the US market in early October @Acer