Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

Is IPS glow an issue with all IPS panels and is there such thing as a good Colour accracy TN panel.

Unless an IPS panel has a polarizer fitted (which I've not seen any gaming oriented IPS monitors implement) then yes, but all to varying degrees and it depends on the individual monitor as to how bad it is. Some suffer with it very mildly to the point where you hardly notice, while others are horrific even in a well lit room.

Some TN panels are better than others when it comes to colour accuracy, but side by side with an IPS, IPS will win out every time. One you PROPERLY calibrate both though, you may find the difference isn't as pronounced. Out the box many monitors can look terrible. The ROG Swift is SUPPOSED to be good for TN, but I've seen plenty of people complaining about it and it having terrible colour shift, plus the viewing angles are always going to be inferior on TN anyway. It's largely subjective though, probably depending what someone's previous monitor experience is. From a technical perspective though, TN simply does not have the RGB range that IPS does. For professional colour based work, no one in their right mind would use a TN panel, but for anything else it will simply come down to personal preference.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Unless an IPS panel has a polarizer fitted (which I've not seen any gaming oriented IPS monitors implement) then yes, but all to varying degrees and it depends on the individual monitor as to how bad it is. Some suffer with it very mildly to the point where you hardly notice, while others are horrific even in a well lit room.

Some TN panels are better than others when it comes to colour accuracy, but side by side with an IPS, IPS will win out every time. One you PROPERLY calibrate both though, you may find the difference isn't as pronounced. Out the box many monitors can look terrible. The ROG Swift is SUPPOSED to be good for TN, but I've seen plenty of people complaining about it and it having terrible colour shift, plus the viewing angles are always going to be inferior on TN anyway. It's largely subjective though, probably depending what someone's previous monitor experience is. From a technical perspective though, TN simply does not have the RGB range that IPS does. For professional colour based work, no one in their right mind would use a TN panel, but for anything else it will simply come down to personal preference.

Well thats answered my question I deffinetly need IPS as I am going to be doing a lot of proffesional colour work such as photo editing and video editing in the near future. I currently use a HP w2207 1650x1050 which has a 16:10 TN panel but uses a glossy panel to achieve vibrant colours I really think it is time I upgrade this now becuase it has started to turn it's self off and the Resolution is a waste to my Titan X SLI set up which I bought recently, Suprisingly the Titan X performs like rubbish at this resolution if I turn Nvidia Dynamic Super Resolution however and run at 4x 1050p my frame rate suddenly doubles. How weird is that :/ Can Displays be a bottleneck on hardware?

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Haven't read the most recent posts in this thread, but just wanted to post that the UK Release date is pretty much 100% set back to October now. 

uhpjVEX.png

And now they have finally changed the pre order date on the site as well :/

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I emailed acer and they told me there is no delay so confusing all theses different answers guess I will wait and see if mine arrives on the 24th :P

Where are you from, this is starting to get quite bad now. So many different dates, any time in August or early September would be so good

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Where are you from, this is starting to get quite bad now. So many different dates, any time in August or early September would be so good

I live in the UK, but if it is October it wouldn't surprise me we get everything after everyone in the UK games releases. movie releases almost everything comes out in America or Canada before the UK proper sucks lol

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Haven't read the most recent posts in this thread, but just wanted to post that the UK Release date is pretty much 100% set back to October now. 

uhpjVEX.png

And now they have finally changed the pre order date on the site as well :/

I saw that my self Acer told me they have different deals with different companies I contacted Very twice and they are confident that I will have the monitor on the 24th I guess time will tell if I don't have it by the 24th or they change the date I guess I will just cancel for now still considering the LG 34UC87 but we will see :)

Custom PC:

I saw that my self Acer told me they have different deals with different companies I contacted Very twice and they are confident that I will have the monitor on the 24th I guess time will tell if I don't have it by the 24th or they change the date I guess I will just cancel for now still considering the LG 34UC87 but we will see :)

Honestly I know everyone is excited for the x34 and everyone here in this thread is waiting for it. We have been waiting a few months at least. I'm even thinking about waiting longer for more competitors to release the same spec. Really hoping LG makes one that rivals the x34 

Honestly I know everyone is excited for the x34 and everyone here in this thread is waiting for it. We have been waiting a few months at least. I'm even thinking about waiting longer for more competitors to release the same spec. Really hoping LG makes one that rivals the x34 

I was thinking that I bet the acer will come down in price by a couple hundred once asus release their gsync ultrawide, it will have a early adopters premium on it for sure. I'm just stuck between the ultrawide band wagon and 4k I don't know what power my own pc has though as it's not quite finished yet but will be in the next week. I set it up on a test bench and here's what I got in Firestrike post-179175-0-45023300-1439408562.jpg

Anyone interested in my build I have a log here - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409709-custom-desk-build-project-yellow-panther/page-2

Custom PC:

Well thats answered my question I deffinetly need IPS as I am going to be doing a lot of proffesional colour work such as photo editing and video editing in the near future. I currently use a HP w2207 1650x1050 which has a 16:10 TN panel but uses a glossy panel to achieve vibrant colours I really think it is time I upgrade this now becuase it has started to turn it's self off and the Resolution is a waste to my Titan X SLI set up which I bought recently, Suprisingly the Titan X performs like rubbish at this resolution if I turn Nvidia Dynamic Super Resolution however and run at 4x 1050p my frame rate suddenly doubles. How weird is that :/ Can Displays be a bottleneck on hardware?

How important is color accuracy to you and how professional is your work? I'm personally going with a 10 bit, 4k monitor by Samsung for my Photoshop rig (I try to do it with two systems as making a good gaming/rendering rig can be tricky).

Everything sounds great about the x34 accept two things it's made by acer and the glossy plastic used on the back but when I look at benchmarks I think 3440x1440 at 100z is the best option for Titan X SLI setup because 4K the Titan X SLI gets fairly good fps so at 3440x1440 which is about 2 x less power required so I have been told will work really well now and for future games when paying this much for graphics cards I don't want to have to upgrade for a while so I haven't got them for extreme resolutions now I have got them for future compatibility. 

It's tough because Acer could do a better job if they just listened to their customers feedback but they don't care. They just want to take your money and run. I'll give it to Acer and Asus. They're incredibly innovative but they need to step their game up just like AsRock did for motherboards.

I wouldn't go with 4k even with two Titans because you'll be capped at 60hz and there's not that many games with 4k textures out right now. I'm personally going with two 980TI's which is similar to the Titans and will work great with Ultrawide. With your setup, you'll see more benefit with an Ultrawide 3440 x 1440.

How important is color accuracy to you and how professional is your work? I'm personally going with a 10 bit, 4k monitor by Samsung for my Photoshop rig (I try to do it with two systems as making a good gaming/rendering rig can be tricky).

My content creation is more important than gaming but I do game on the same rig

Custom PC:

If you get it on 24 August, I will complain to Scan and Very, when I asked Very about the monitor they did not know if it was Gsync or Freesync then the next day it was off their website, I will complain that they did not give me the correct information and demand one of the monitors to be shipped to me, I will still pay for it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I've ordered one from komplett.no (scandinavian site.) originally they said shipping date was 12th september. but now it's 21th of august. i asked them if this was legit and got a yes. i'll prolly have this in the end of the month :)

I've ordered one from komplett.no (scandinavian site.) originally they said shipping date was 12th september. but now it's 21th of august. i asked them if this was legit and got a yes. i'll prolly have this in the end of the month :)

Same as what I have been told except they said 24th of August where I ordered mine from :)

Custom PC:

My content creation is more important than gaming but I do game on the same rig

If you're not a professional photographer and are just editing videos then I think you should be fine with this monitor or an IPS. 4k is great for productivity but if you run it any non-native resolution for your games then it will look blurry and if you do run it at native, then you run into all the same issues I listed above. In this situation, I think this monitor should be good as long as backlight bleed doesn't bother you. IPS glow will not affect your workflow. Most prosumer monitors (costing under 10k) will be using IPS.

Only reason I'm going with 10 bit is 1) I'm planning a separate build just for productivity, 2) Only cards that support 10 bit are Quadros and 3) I'm trying to get into Photography.

I've ordered one from komplett.no (scandinavian site.) originally they said shipping date was 12th september. but now it's 21th of august. i asked them if this was legit and got a yes. i'll prolly have this in the end of the month  :)

Do write up a review or tell us your thoughts when you get it. :)

If you actually get it on 22 August I will just order it from that website and pay for postage for it.

Same as what I have been told except they said 24th of August where I ordered mine from :)

I will contact Scan and ask them if they can talk to ACER again

If you actually get it on 22 August I will just order it from that website and pay for postage for it.

They sold out of the first shipment. they've ordered 27 more that'll arrive 6th september.

They sold out of the first shipment. they've ordered 27 more that'll arrive 6th september.

Why is that I pre order a monitor so early and something I really want, that I get the last postage and after I start University

I would really check what monitor you bought again, if you look at Scan, it says 21 August for the Freesync version.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/34-acer-predator-xr341ck-curved-219-amd-freesync-gaming-monitor-ips-hdmi20-dp-3440x1440-300cd-m2-100

Where does it says October from acer I know scan have now put October but everywhere else still has it as August.

Custom PC:

They can take as long as they like if it means they are making sure each and every monitor that leaves the factory is free from stuck/dead pixels, dirt/insects behind the screen and horrendous BLB and IPS glow... all of which have plagued their XB270HU. If we see this happening with the X34 when it's released, I won't be going anywhere near it, and I won't be the only one I'm sure!

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

They can take as long as they like if it means they are making sure each and every monitor that leaves the factory is free from stuck/dead pixels, dirt/insects behind the screen and horrendous BLB and IPS glow... all of which have plagued their XB270HU. If we see this happening with the X34 when it's released, I won't be going anywhere near it, and I won't be the only one I'm sure!

If it doesn't come till October it's no biggy, I havent finished my pc build yet and i'm sure I can make do with 1050p for an extra month or so my biggest problem at the moment is royal mail have lost my gaming laptop and it's not a cheap one either it's got an i7, GTX860m and 8gb ram this is to replace my macbook and was half the price of the macbook pro's. I got it because it was in clearance and I really needed to replace my aging 2009 macbook so annoyed with delivery companies lately.

Custom PC:

You do realise every IPS has IPS glow and backlightbleeding can be repaired by removing and taping the bezel? Backlightbleeding is when the bezels push to hard on the panel.

If the G-SYNC version is 100hz... I might get a refurbished/returned one :)

However... i'm not sure a wider field of view is worth it compared to 144hz...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You do realise every IPS has IPS glow and backlightbleeding can be repaired by removing and taping the bezel? Backlightbleeding is when the bezels push to hard on the panel.

If the G-SYNC version is 100hz... I might get a refurbished/returned one :)

However... i'm not sure a wider field of view is worth it compared to 144hz...

All panels will suffer with SOME IPS glow (unless fitted with a polarizer), but it does vary between panels quite significantly. That's valid on the BLB with the bezels, but it doesn't always cure it... I've seen plenty of reports from people who've tried and it doesn't always get rid of it. Not to mention lots of people don't want to try and remove a bezel on an expensive monitor.